[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

On 1/4/2020 at 11:00 PM, Xaero said:

I've finally solved my issue with the rutorrent process being deadlocked in IOWAIT.

If this is your problem you will see all of the below symptoms:

• rutorrent will load, but you will get an error 500, 504, or 502 on getplugins.php and the queue will not load
  • when the queue does load you will rarely get updates and "the request to rtorrent timed out" will be your most common response.
  • torrents will get stuck in checking status
  • torrents that are downloading/seeding will get abysmal performance.
  • all of the above will be intermittent and will usually occur after adding new, large torrents, or several smaller torrents
  • Checking "iotop" when the above is occuring will have the rtorrent process listed at the top, with 99.99% IOWAIT and very low read/write speed.

I had previously attempted many things to fix this problem:

• changing nginx scgi buffer size.
  • increasing rtorrent memory allocation
  • changing php-fpm workers and memory allocations
  • changing php-fpm and nginx timeout to allow rtorrent more time to respond to requests.

The final nail in the coffin was switching IO Schedulers. I swapped from mq-deadline to BFQ and the problem has entirely gone away. Not entirely sure why internally this was the fix - but immediately upon switching to BFQ the problem is completely gone and I can actually watch checking progress on a 200gb torrent while data is moving on the other torrents in the queue.

Thanks for this thoroughtful review of this issue and the solution. However i have issue finding where the IO scheduler can be set exactly. Can you explain to me as i'm a 6yo user 😄 ? thank you

On 2/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, user457453944 said:

Latest two builds give this error in the web UI and report port forward as not working.

"ruTorrent cannot determine the UID of rTorrent user. Some functionality will be unavailable". Reverting back to v72 as it works fine, possible config mixmatch?

same thing. Reverted back to v39-ls72 (2 versions ago).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 1:05 AM, TheLoneArchivist said:

Changing IO scheduler unfortunately did not work for me.  Mine was set to Auto and there was no change when I moved it to BFQ.

Same here. scheduler did not fix it. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with these problems though.

Edited by FoxxMD
On 2/28/2020 at 9:21 AM, L0rdRaiden said:

Bad response from server: (500 [error,getsettings]) Warning: XMLRPC call is failed

Same here

@linuxserver.io  any solution to this?.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:05 AM, TheLoneArchivist said:

Changing IO scheduler unfortunately did not work for me.  Mine was set to Auto and there was no change when I moved it to BFQ.

46 minutes ago, FoxxMD said:

Same here. scheduler did not fix it. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with these problems though.

If your issue was
(500, [error,getsettings])
And not
(50x, [error,getplugins])
It probably doesn't match the symptom I was depicting. I outlined very specifically when the scheduler change would be applicable.

23 hours ago, mihcox said:

Having a problem after install. I can modify the field "default directory for downloads" or the "global max speeds" but after a reboot they are reset. How can i make them persistent?

You have to edit the config file in appdata for the settings you want to stay between sessions.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:55 PM, Xaero said:

If your issue was
(500, [error,getsettings])
And not
(50x, [error,getplugins])
It probably doesn't match the symptom I was depicting. I outlined very specifically when the scheduler change would be applicable.

I'm getting 504 [error,getplugins]) Gateway Time-out

18 hours ago, FoxxMD said:

I'm getting 504 [error,getplugins]) Gateway Time-out

That is what I had, and the fix in my case was to swap to the BFQ Scheduler. I also don't know exactly why that change fixed the problem, so it may very well not be applicable in every case 😞 I think rutorrent might not like the layered FS that unraid uses. I've tried saving directly to cache and letting mover handle moving the the array (using /mnt/cache/sharename in the rutorrent configuration) but that hasn't alleviated the other problems (The request to rutorrent has timed out) I have seen. I do no longer get the 504 gateway errors though.

So, I had the other rutorrent docker image that wasn't linuxserver's so I removed that (along with the image) and installed the linuxserver one. I think it was one that was no longer supported and I remember getting a notification to move to a different one. Anyways, I made a mistake in not taking a picture or saving any of the old config files/ports/paths. I figured everything would just work. 
I changed the 'container port' from 80 to 90, and the download container path to where my media is stored. I load up rutorrent webui and i get this image. Do I need to install plugins manually (filemanager, etc.)? Also, I don't remember the path to all of the .torrent files I had. Did they get deleted with the old image? I have 34 TB of media.

container.PNG

rutorrent.PNG

Edited by gundy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 9:46 AM, DoboY said:

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add a second path to the rtorrent docker? I ask because i would like my incoming torrents to be saved to a certain path, then moved to a secondary one for archive/seeding.

You can arbitrarily add path mappings to any container in unraid by

• Go to the docker container Edit page
  • Click Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device
    • Choose Path as the Config Type
    • Specify what path you want in the container (inside rutorrent's system) in Container Path
    • Specify the path that corresponds to in your unraid system with Host Path
    • Choose the appropriate Access Mode for how you will use it (Read/Write)
Edited by FoxxMD
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, so I've been trying to get the RSS Feed working, but I can't seem to figure out the regex filter no matter what I do.
A torrent I want is:

Kaguya-sama: Love is War? - TV Series [2020] :: Web | MKV | h264 | 720p | AAC 2.0 | Softsubs (HorribleSubs) | Episode 2 | Freeleech

and the filter I'm trying to use is:

/^Kaguya-sama:.Love.is.War?.720p.HorribleSubs.Episode/i

If anyone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong or missing, that would be appreciated. Thank You

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent