Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

585 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 5/12/2019 at 5:28 AM, bobokun said:

I tried that and I'm getting errors. Are you using plugin Userscripts to execute the script? At the beginning of the script did you put #!/usr/bin/python? I'm wondering if there is anything else that I missed.

 

What version of python are you using?

I haven't used that script but I've used curl in a bash script to send those same commands to it and it deletes it and removes it. What is the error you are getting?

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, surfshack66 said:

Any particular reason this container is ignoring configuration defined in rtorrent.rc? Despite setting variables in the rc file, this container defaults the global max upload and download rates.

You edited the rc file directly? If so, not sure why that wouldn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, icepik said:

Recently picked up unRaid again and I have everything up and running good with the exception of ruTorrent.  Torrents don't seem to download.  They are just at the Queued status.  I've checked the storage and I can see the folder and the files being created for the torrents I am trying to download, but the transfer never actually starts.  Any idea?  I've gone through this thread, and there were talks about permission issues.  I'm not sure if that is it or not.  Would really appreciate some help!  Thanks!

Usually that's an issue with the directory not being accessible by rutorrent but if it is creating the files in the folder, it may be a permissions issue as you said. Have you tried checking the permissions?

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, bobbintb said:

I haven't used that script but I've used curl in a bash script to send those same commands to it and it deletes it and removes it. What is the error you are getting?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rtorrent Cleanup/script", line 18, in 
torrent_tracker_status = rtorrent.d.get_message(torrent)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1602, in __request
verbose=self.__verbose
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1283, in request
return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in single_request
return self.parse_response(response)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1493, in parse_response
return u.close()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 800, in close
raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: 

This is the error I'm getting. I think specifically "torrent_tracker_status = rtorrent.d.get_message(torrent)"

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, bobbintb said:

You edited the rc file directly? If so, not sure why that wouldn't work.

Yes, I edited the rc file directly as well as made the changes in the gui. Anytime the container updates, those two settings revert back to a default.

Share this post


Link to post

Any word on the newer versions fixing the CPU usages and unpack yet? Though I downgraded to an older version as recommended in previous posts my unpacking is still not working... I have to turn sonarr off and extract everything manually then turn sonarr back on otherwise it imports stuff before it's finished unpacking

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 9:12 AM, bobokun said:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rtorrent Cleanup/script", line 18, in 
torrent_tracker_status = rtorrent.d.get_message(torrent)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1602, in __request
verbose=self.__verbose
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1283, in request
return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in single_request
return self.parse_response(response)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1493, in parse_response
return u.close()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 800, in close
raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: 

 This is the error I'm getting. I think specifically "torrent_tracker_status = rtorrent.d.get_message(torrent)"

I think it's more likely the fault at the bottom. Maybe xmlrpclib didn't import correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2019 at 6:50 AM, J89eu said:

Any word on the newer versions fixing the CPU usages and unpack yet? Though I downgraded to an older version as recommended in previous posts my unpacking is still not working... I have to turn sonarr off and extract everything manually then turn sonarr back on otherwise it imports stuff before it's finished unpacking

The CPU usage problem has not been fixed. Just had to restart my two instances. Does anyone recall which is the latest before the CPU usage problem?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, GoChris said:

The CPU usage problem has not been fixed. Just had to restart my two instances. Does anyone recall which is the latest before the CPU usage problem?

Use repository: linuxserver/rutorrent:1fcd6618-ls15

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, bobbintb said:

I think it's more likely the fault at the bottom. Maybe xmlrpclib didn't import correctly.

How do I fix the xlmrpclib? Is this something that needs to be downloaded outside the docker? I have nerdtools plugin installed and python-2.7.15-x86_64-3.txz installed. Is there anything else additional I need to install?

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2019 at 2:09 AM, surfshack66 said:

Any particular reason this container is ignoring configuration defined in rtorrent.rc? Despite setting variables in the rc file, this container defaults the global max upload and download rates.

I had the same issue.

 

download_rate = 10000
upload_rate = 5000

is deprecated now or something?

 

I replaced them with:

throttle.global_down.max_rate.set_kb = 10000
throttle.global_up.max_rate.set_kb   = 1000

 

And now it uses those every restart.

Haven't tried update yet but so far so good.

Share this post


Link to post

You might want to review all your settings if you are still using those old parameters. They were depreciated for quite a long time actually and finally had support completely removed for them months back. I had the same problem with some other settings as well (must have used an old guide to set it up originally so I was using many of the older deprecated parameters) and went back through and realized I had to redo quite a bunch of them to get things working properly again. Don't remember what version that happened in, but it just kind of stopped working all at once because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, deusxanime said:

You might want to review all your settings if you are still using those old parameters. They were depreciated for quite a long time actually and finally had support completely removed for them months back. I had the same problem with some other settings as well (must have used an old guide to set it up originally so I was using many of the older deprecated parameters) and went back through and realized I had to redo quite a bunch of them to get things working properly again. Don't remember what version that happened in, but it just kind of stopped working all at once because of that.

I literally never touched the rtorrent.rc file before.

I always used the GUI to configure stuff.

 

But yes, same thing happened to me on my dedicated server.

Lot's of old parameters got depricated.

Took me a while to find out which and where... (the documentation of both rtorrent and rutorrent is kinda bad)

Edited by Duckbuster

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Duckbuster said:

I literally never touched the rtorrent.rc file before.

I always used the GUI to configure stuff.

 

But yes, same thing happened to me on my dedicated server.

Lot's of old parameters got depricated.

Took me a while to find out which and where... (the documentation of both rtorrent and rutorrent is kinda bad)

 

I thought for this docker container you had to use the rtorrent.rc because anything you configure in the GUI/ruTorrent is not persistent between restarts? Or do some of the settings you configure in the GUI actually get written back to the .rc file?

 

I have always just used the .rc file since before this I was running rTorrent on a headless system anyway.

Edited by deusxanime

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, deusxanime said:

 

I thought for this docker container you had to use the rtorrent.rc because anything you configure in the GUI/ruTorrent is not persistent between restarts? Or do some of the settings you configure in the GUI actually get written back to the .rc file?

I think it is written back to the file, just the wrong parameter name? I can test this and check it.

 

EDIT: Ok maybe not and I was wrong. Wow wonder how I never noticed this then...

Edited by Duckbuster

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone having any issues with unzipping not working? I'm on the version that doesn't make your CPU core go to 100% but the unzip doesn't appear to be working for me for the past few months meaning I have to keep going onto my host and extracting stuff, annoying!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I also tried downgrading due to the previously mentioned CPU usage issue, however, since doing so my RSS Feeds no longer automatically update and files/folders are no longer automatically moved to their Tagged Directory (ie. TV/Movies) once downloads complete. I can manually Refresh Feed and downloads start fine.

 

I have so far tried restarting the Docker and returned to the latest build and these problems persist. I am guessing it is a permissions issue - could someone please some advice on what to check or how to fix permissions (I thought this was performed automatically on Docker start).

 

Update: Deleted Docker and reloaded from template (Latest) and the issues seem to have been resolved for now.

Edited by blu3_v2
Update

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, bobokun said:

How do I fix the xlmrpclib? Is this something that needs to be downloaded outside the docker? I have nerdtools plugin installed and python-2.7.15-x86_64-3.txz installed. Is there anything else additional I need to install?

What I mean is maybe it somehow got corrupted or is incomplete. Since it's a docker, it would have nothing to do with nerdtools or any of the packages it installs. You shouldn't have to do anything outside of docker. Really, the whole point of docker is to be self contained and independent and just work out of the box. Have you tried reinstalling the docker image? Maybe something went wrong when it pulled the docker image.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bobbintb said:

What I mean is maybe it somehow got corrupted or is incomplete. Since it's a docker, it would have nothing to do with nerdtools or any of the packages it installs. You shouldn't have to do anything outside of docker. Really, the whole point of docker is to be self contained and independent and just work out of the box. Have you tried reinstalling the docker image? Maybe something went wrong when it pulled the docker image.

Oh should I be saving this script inside the docker container? I Have the script saved outside and I was using the userscripts plugin to run it. Maybe that's why I'm experiencing the issue? If you have saved the script in the docker container how did you schedule a cron job inside the docker container to run the script?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobokun said:

Oh should I be saving this script inside the docker container? I Have the script saved outside and I was using the userscripts plugin to run it. Maybe that's why I'm experiencing the issue? If you have saved the script in the docker container how did you schedule a cron job inside the docker container to run the script?

No, you should save the script outside the docker container. There really is no reason for the average user to be messing with the internals of the container. That's what the shared folder that saves config files is for. The docker container is meant to be immutable so that it can easily deployed to other environments or wiped out and recreated.

Looking a little closer at the script, a couple of things comes to mind. Does the rutorrent container even have python installed? I'm away from my server so I can't check. I'm fairly certain it does but I'm not 100%. If it does it needs to be the same version, or at least from the 2.x family. Python 2 and 3 are vastly different. I'm fairly certain the container has python 2.7 installed but I'm not able to check right now. If it doesn't have Python installed in the Docker container, installing it with nerdtools won't do anything because it doesn't have anything to do with the Docker container.

 

The other thing is the permissions from the script. It looks like it is importing xlmrpclib and if it doesn't have permissions to do so it may cause issues.

 

Lastly, how did you copy the script? One common issue when dealing with scripts is creating the script in Windows and copying it to Linux. Windows handles line endings differently than Linux. Linux uses what is called a "line feed" for new lines in text files and Windows uses a "carriage return" and "line feed". So the script may look the exact same to the naked eye but break because there could be a line ending that it is breaking on. If you copied it in Windows and pasted it into Notepad and saved it to your server, you should make sure and remove the carriage returns. This may be information you already know but I'm not sure of your skill level so I thought I'd mention it. If that's the case you can Google how to remove the carriage returns (notepad remove carriage return). You'll probably need to download another text editor because I don't think Windows Notepad can do this. That would actually be the first thing I would check.

 

EDIT: I got home and looked. It seems the docker container has python 3.6 installed and your script is for 2.7. However, the error you sent shows 2.7. Do you have a different docker container or something?

Edited by bobbintb

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, bobbintb said:

No, you should save the script outside the docker container. There really is no reason for the average user to be messing with the internals of the container. That's what the shared folder that saves config files is for. The docker container is meant to be immutable so that it can easily deployed to other environments or wiped out and recreated.

Looking a little closer at the script, a couple of things comes to mind. Does the rutorrent container even have python installed? I'm away from my server so I can't check. I'm fairly certain it does but I'm not 100%. If it does it needs to be the same version, or at least from the 2.x family. Python 2 and 3 are vastly different. I'm fairly certain the container has python 2.7 installed but I'm not able to check right now. If it doesn't have Python installed in the Docker container, installing it with nerdtools won't do anything because it doesn't have anything to do with the Docker container.

  

 The other thing is the permissions from the script. It looks like it is importing xlmrpclib and if it doesn't have permissions to do so it may cause issues.

 

Lastly, how did you copy the script? One common issue when dealing with scripts is creating the script in Windows and copying it to Linux. Windows handles line endings differently than Linux. Linux uses what is called a "line feed" for new lines in text files and Windows uses a "carriage return" and "line feed". So the script may look the exact same to the naked eye but break because there could be a line ending that it is breaking on. If you copied it in Windows and pasted it into Notepad and saved it to your server, you should make sure and remove the carriage returns. This may be information you already know but I'm not sure of your skill level so I thought I'd mention it. If that's the case you can Google how to remove the carriage returns (notepad remove carriage return). You'll probably need to download another text editor because I don't think Windows Notepad can do this. That would actually be the first thing I would check.

  

 

I do have the script saved outside the container, and I also checked the python installed in the docker container is not 2.7 but 3.6.8. I do have the same docker container installed however I think the reason why it's showing 2.7 installed is because I'm running the script from unraid and not within the docker container. In unraid itself I have python 2.7 installed and it's connecting to rutorrent using the server_url variable in the script. It could be a permission issue but I'm not sure how to give permissions access to the script. When I copied the script I pasted it directly in unraid using the userscripts plugin I can edit the script directly.

 

When running the script in a terminal window in unraid (not in the docker container) I am seeing the full error message, whereas previously it was truncated.

 


Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./script", line 18, in <module>
    torrent_name = rtorrent.d.get_name(torrent)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1602, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1283, in request
    return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in single_request
    return self.parse_response(response)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1493, in parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 800, in close
    raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -506: "Method 'd.get_name' not defined">

Edited by bobokun

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, bobokun said:

 

I do have the script saved outside the container, and I also checked the python installed in the docker container is not 2.7 but 3.6.8. I do have the same docker container installed however I think the reason why it's showing 2.7 installed is because I'm running the script from unraid and not within the docker container. In unraid itself I have python 2.7 installed and it's connecting to rutorrent using the server_url variable in the script. It could be a permission issue but I'm not sure how to give permissions access to the script. When I copied the script I pasted it directly in unraid using the userscripts plugin I can edit the script directly.

 

When running the script in a terminal window in unraid (not in the docker container) I am seeing the full error message, whereas previously it was truncated.

 


Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./script", line 18, in <module>
    torrent_name = rtorrent.d.get_name(torrent)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1602, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1283, in request
    return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in single_request
    return self.parse_response(response)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1493, in parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 800, in close
    raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -506: "Method 'd.get_name' not defined">

My guess would be you are using the python 2 version of xmlrpclib and rutorrent is using version 3 of xmlrpclib. I could be wrong. I just stick ti python 2.7 so I am not familiar with cross version issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

My guess would be you are using the python 2 version of xmlrpclib and rutorrent is using version 3 of xmlrpclib. I could be wrong. I just stick ti python 2.7 so I am not familiar with cross version issues.

How did you get it to run on python 2.7 in the docker container? As we saw the docker container only contains python 3 and python 2 wasn't installed. Did you install it manually inside the docker container to get it to work? Since we are both running the same container I would assume that it should work for myself if you managed to get it to work

Edited by bobokun

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bobokun said:

How did you get it to run on python 2.7 in the docker container? As we saw the docker container only contains python 3 and python 2 wasn't installed. Did you install it manually inside the docker container to get it to work? Since we are both running the same container I would assume that it should work for myself if you managed to get it to work

I've never used that script.

Edited by bobbintb

Share this post


Link to post

I'm having trouble getting reverse proxy (using the linuxserver/nginx container) working with this container.  I saw the discussion back on page 14 but I must be missing something because I can't get mine to work. I get either the endless loading, or I get into the UI but nothing populates.

 

Anyone willing to help point me in the right direction as to what changes I need to make in which nginx config files to get this working?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.