[Support] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent


Recommended Posts

I just installed the binhex docker and got it working.  It has a lot more config options that you have to play with to get it working when you start - like turning off OVPN, for example, and giving passwords. I never used passwords with the linuxserver docker but I only used it locally or after making a separate OVPN connection with the OVPN docker.

Link to comment

I have installed it and  it seems to me that the interface is the same. The binhex docker may even be marginally better as it shows the flags of connected peers and I don't think that the linuxserver docker did that - at least by default.  Or maybe I was using an old version? I agree that there are a lot of setting that are superflouous if you don't use a VPN, etc but it looks like you can disable those.  

 

So this may be a decent path forward after all.

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, wayner said:

I have installed it and  it seems to me that the interface is the same. The binhex docker may even be marginally better as it shows the flags of connected peers and I don't think that the linuxserver docker did that - at least by default.  Or maybe I was using an old version? I agree that there are a lot of setting that are superflouous if you don't use a VPN, etc but it looks like you can disable those.  

 

So this may be a decent path forward after all.

Did you transfer seeding torrents from one container to the other? If so, did you find a easy way to do this without manually downloading each .torrent file and rechecking them?

Link to comment
9 hours ago, gustomucho said:

@xthursdayx It is actually much easier than that. Simply copy the contents of your "/mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rtorrent/rtorrent_sess" into the following folder : "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/rtorrent/session"

Everything should be good to go.

 

This worked for me to transfer over my torrents (along with adding the correct/same volume mapping(s)).

 

Now to port over my RSS feeds!

Link to comment
On 3/17/2021 at 12:50 PM, wayner said:

I just installed the binhex docker and got it working.  It has a lot more config options that you have to play with to get it working when you start - like turning off OVPN, for example, and giving passwords. I never used passwords with the linuxserver docker but I only used it locally or after making a separate OVPN connection with the OVPN docker.

 

Could you give more details how you managed to make it work without a VPN at all ? Where/how to you specify the port for torrenting ? It does not seem to have one like linuxserver had. Do I have to add one more port myself and configure it manually in rtorrent conf files when the container is started ?

Link to comment
On 4/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, gustomucho said:

@xthursdayx It is actually much easier than that. Simply copy the contents of your "/mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rtorrent/rtorrent_sess" into the following folder : "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/rtorrent/session"

Everything should be good to go.

Great, thanks!

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

Dear Sirs,

 

Since the application has been achieved by the owner by now. Is there any way to install it via docker container or CA? Or any Template repositories contains this application that can be easily added to Template repositories and select from template?

 

I have been searching the net for days, I hope someone could point me out. 


Many thanks. 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:57 PM, TeamGSpurs said:

Dear Sirs,

 

Since the application has been achieved by the owner by now. Is there any way to install it via docker container or CA? Or any Template repositories contains this application that can be easily added to Template repositories and select from template?

 

I have been searching the net for days, I hope someone could point me out. 


Many thanks. 

I still have a working template of you want mate?

 

Place this in your flash drive directory

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

my-rutorrent.xml

Edited by Mr_Jay84
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.