Add 10gb Nic as second card

I have had to move all my storage drive out of my desktop and to the new unraid server as I have run our of space and need more. Most of this is archive info and does not need to be fast. I have suck a 500 gb SSD in as cache to help with speed if I need it. I have two 10gb nics (SPF+) and I would like to run them between the unraid and my desktop.

How would I best go about adding it to the unraid?

• 3 months later...

I am currently trying to do the same thing.

I purchased two Mellanox connectx-2 cards that I want to set up as a peer-to-peer connection with my main editing rig while still having the NAS also be connected to the rest of the network over the built-in dual gigabit NICs on the motherboard.

I have been trying every possible configuration I can think of over the last 2 or three days but have not had any success.

Please let me know if you have found a solution.

Have you tried the latest beta of 6.2 beta23?

No. I have not tried that yet. Does it have support for connecting to multiple networks? (Peer-to-peer and to regular network)

Its said to have better support for 10gb NICs and enhanced configuration of multinics. It looks to have ability to assign which eth# device each card will be and individual settings for each nic. So give it a go after taking proper steps of backing up your current setup, then be sure to provide proper feedback in the announcement release thread if it works or needs additional enhancements.