unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta18 Available

just to repeat myself.. is anyone having issues connecting via SSH?

The log was downloaded right after trying to connect from multiple devices.

Nope, no problems here.  I have three ssh connections running here at the moment.

No issues on my side either. Have you tried getting telnet to login rix?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just to let you know i am back on 6.1.9 all transfers working perfect so its definitely something to do with 6.2.0

now i just have to figure out how to get my dockers/vms back

do you guys have any clue what the problem with 6.2.0 could be?

More fixes coming for -beta19, suggest you try that when it gets published.

Hi Just to say I have found samba shares being very slow aswell.

When using my win 10 vm the vm will take forever to view the mapped drives and slow transfers when using shares. I cant be bothered to downgrade so will wait for the next beta, but just thought I would let you know im having same issue.

I get the same issue, including samba locking up entirely when trying to load a steam library over it

Looking forward to beta 19, hopefully it comes out pretty soon

YES another person with same problem :) hopefully this means its reproducible and they can fix it

Have all of you posted up your Diagnostics file?  (See Reply #2 of this thread!)  I did not check, just posed the question.    ;)

herres my Diagnostics file

prime-diagnostics-20160317-2138.zip

I just posted in the thread about the Webui not responding while trying to stop the Sabnzbd docker  https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39510.0. This just started a day after upgrading to the 6.2 beta. Also I've been having similiar issues with samaba shares. Windows Explorer will hang for quite a long time while trying to access any of my shares.

Here is my syslog that I was able to pull through putty. I hope it helps!

EDIT: I was also just able to grab my diagnostics zip as well

EDIT2: Come to find out, my issue with Samba shares was related to my Sabnzbd issues. I've left my Sab docker off since my last hard reset, and I've been able to play media files just fine. Explorer no longer hangs. Unfortunately I'm still unable to resolve my issue with Sabnzbd. I'd be interested to know if anyone else who has upgraded to 6.2 has started to have issues with their Sab dockers?

syslog-2016-03-17.zip

tower-diagnostics-20160317-2351.zip

just to repeat myself.. is anyone having issues connecting via SSH?

The log was downloaded right after trying to connect from multiple devices.

Nope, no problems here.  I have three ssh connections running here at the moment.

No issues on my side either. Have you tried getting telnet to login rix?

Telnet is working (port 23)... strange.

Any idea what could've caused this?

The ssh config plugin is also unable to start the SSH service.

Could this be, because of the GUI boot mode?

No.  I boot in GUI mode and both telnet and ssh work without issues.

You have not by any chance got a plugin installed (e.g. OpenVPN) that might install SSL software?  If so it could be a version that is incompatible with 6.2 and is thus upsetting ssh.

No.  I boot in GUI mode and both telnet and ssh work without issues.

You have not by any chance got a plugin installed (e.g. OpenVPN) that might install SSL software?  If so it could be a version that is incompatible with 6.2 and is thus upsetting ssh.

Using OpenVPN so that will surely be the reason for my issues. Did not think about that.  :-[

Since I updated I'm getting some crashes(server became unusable via terminal or webGUI and all VMs are stopped, restart is needed). However until now I wasn't able to see any thing different in the log file.

I left the log popup window running for a while until I got a crash, here is what happened:

hy147nS.jpg

Edit: on VM's log I got "2016-03-18 14:23:06.913+0000: shutting down"

Edit2: Log from another "crash":

pT7oYin.jpg

I used to get a similar thing on my server. If a vm shut down it would crash unraid completely. Switching my vm to ovmf seems to have helped a little, still too early to know for sure though.

Also going into the bios and turning off all speedstepping and c power states has helped

As a side note: I use to always get those crashes with seabios vms

In regards to the dual parity slot, you should be able to disable it if you don't intend to use it. 

I started my array with parity 2 set to unassigned and it stays visible with a big red X and an alert notification that parity 2 is in error state.

How does one disable the parity 2?  I click the drop down and it doesn't provide an option to disable it.

In regards to the dual parity slot, you should be able to disable it if you don't intend to use it. 

I started my array with parity 2 set to unassigned and it stays visible with a big red X and an alert notification that parity 2 is in error state.

How does one disable the parity 2?  I click the drop down and it doesn't provide an option to disable it.

See Reply #2 in this Thread.

You simply do not assign it :)

There is an acknowledged issue with beta 18 release where it shows it when you start the array when it should not.

So i just suffered rather a serious crash. I was booting up a seabios vm and got a system lockup, the log file on my screen showed the following

zjtthe.jpg

After rebooting i am now unable to start my array at all. It seems something rather bad may have happend to my NVMe drive, i have attached my last syslog from before the server crashed

Something i would like to note is that if i select my nvme drive in unraid it states partition type unknown but with a file system of xfs

I would love it if someone could help me on this as right now i have lost access to all the data on the system

Regards

Jamie

Edit:

I have attached a new syslog from another boot which should be easier to read

syslog.txt

syslog2.txt

Linux kernel:

- version 4.4.4

- default iommu to passthrough (iommu=pt)

- kvm: enabled nested virtualization

- unraid: array PQ support (dual-parity)

I think iommu=pt is the cause of the issue with my system not booting when VT-d is enabled in the bios.  If I set iommu=soft, the system boots however iommu shows as disabled in the Web UI.

Does anyone know what iommu was set to by default in 6.1.9?

I have now tried taking my NVMe out of the array and still get the same. Attached is another syslog with my trying to boot the array.

Something is seriously wrong/broken

I couldnt post this in the other message due to filesize limits

Edit:

It seems one of my disks has a corrupt XFS block.

Now to see if unraid can repair it.

Anyone have any ideas why my cache partition type would be unknown?

Edit:

It seems that running a xfs check on the drives has no fixed the issue

Edit:

A second XFS repair fixed the drive and created me a new "lost+found" system share

It now also seems that my issue with steam crashing samba has been resolved

It appears that disk 2 for me which is the one being used to write new files had a drive corruption. This causes samba to crash when steam tried to load due to it putting game updates onto a corrupt drive and crashing.

Can i make a recommendation that a periodic repair check be run similar to a party check to ensure the drive is ok?

I think this may have been the cause of many issues i have been having

syslog3.txt

Anyone having VM stability issues, please try the following:

Edit your syslinux.cfg file.

Find the item menu default

Beneath it, but after the word append, add a space and type iommu=nopt

Reboot your server

Report back here if this resolves issues you were having.

Anyone having VM stability issues, please try the following:

Edit your syslinux.cfg file.

Find the item menu default

Beneath it, but after the word append, add a space and type iommu=nopt

Reboot your server

Report back here if this resolves issues you were having.

Does this apply to vm issues on both seabios and ovmf?

After the upgrade i have noticed that the temperature of my disks have gone up by atleast 5°C. From under 30, to around 35.

First after i started the array, and let the disks spin down, the green status dots turn grey and temerature turns to a *. But if i do a smartctl -i -n standby /dev/sdb the disk is shown as active/idle. Then after a couple of minutes the dots are still grey, but showing temperature for all disks.

When i manually set the disk to standby with hdparm -Y /dev/sdb the disk temperature is shown as an *.

If i spin down all disks on the button in webgui, all disk temperatures are gone and * are showing. Even on my 4 cache disks that are hosting VMs and they are still green. And when i read from a disk that are spun down. It turns green, but doesnt show temperature. Even now if i do a smartctl -i -n standby /dev/sdb the disk is still shown as active/idle. And not standby

Attaching log files.

JoWe

There was a spindown bug in unraid driver where disk wasn't actually getting spun down but was being reported as being spun down.  My head is spun down.  Fixed in -beta19.