SERIOUSLY! PLEX, hosted on unRAID...is driving me #%&* NUTZ!!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume, this is a yes?

yes

Good thing. I went for it; they're ALL gone.

Now...for a clean, correct re-install; and I will try to be as helpful as I can.

First...I need to re-create a docker.img, right? Just settings/docker/enable...but; suggest a size, and definitely not to disk7...yes?

I went with 2 240g SSD in a raid0 cache pool - they were cheap and yes I know its not protected in raid0 mode - but it is backed up to the array every 24 hrs

having the docker.img and docker /config data on a ssd makes plex twice as fast for accessing its Library data

Myk

Get a Cache??

Yes, will certainly make your life easier.

How small/cheap, can I go??

Depends on how many movies your plex library will host? Do you have a spare old 120GB hard drive lying around? Might be worth using an old one and see what space you actually need. If you are going to spend money I would consider no smaller than 250GB and a SSD. Totally up to you of course but I always find that if I buy cheap I end up regretting it a few months later and end up spending more money in the long run.

Get a Cache??

Depends on how many movies your plex library will host? Do you have a spare old 120GB hard drive lying around? Might be worth using an old one and see what space you actually need. If you are going to spend money I would consider no smaller than 250GB and a SSD. Totally up to you of course but I always find that if I buy cheap I end up regretting it a few months later and end up spending more money in the long run.

You know...I have a 500 laying around; and I'm not sure if it's bad, or I just swapped-out for something larger at some point.

Can I put it on a USB-dock, and run a pre-clear against it?

Get a Cache??

You know...I have a 500 laying around; and I'm not sure if it's bad, or I just swapped-out for something larger at some point.

Can I put it on a USB-dock, and run a pre-clear against it?

You could do it USB, but why not just go ahead and put it where it is going to be used and preclear it there. Then all you have to do after successful preclear is assign it as cache.

Alright; I guess I'll try and dig-up, a SATA cable.

Sorry; real life, forced me to take a short break from this.

Rigged-up that 500G. Guess I'll Google, the easiest way to run a preclear...in Pro6 now; so I don't get my daily scolding, lol  :-[

My goodness; do I love 6!

un1.png.2786f17486e735694b3d3698c1c8bc08.png