SERIOUSLY! PLEX, hosted on unRAID...is driving me #%&* NUTZ!!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry; I knew that  :-[

FYI...

help3_zps32arq091.png

stop docker and delete image. do you have a cache drive??

docker is best run from a cache drive

See...I always have a little trouble, with the delete.

I set Enable Docker, to no; check the box, that says delete image. But the delete button, is always inactive  ???

I have to like refresh, and massage it...to get the delete button, to become active.

But I think it's done now. Sh*t...it's been so long; how can I look at disk 7, and make sure...it's really gone? NM

I had it right on the root (right?); so it's gone?

help4_zpsibgknccj.png

Would it be possible to post a picture of just the Main page where it lists all you drives not the file explorer view.

The fact that your stopping array and rebooting is really a sign of something much more complicated.

Sure. Can you tell me what you're looking for?

Ah...disk7 is full!!??

help5.png.3f5e9d58389e29818e9c9a0e0a2a2fc5.png

Not sure if you are still having issues, but I had very similar issues a few months ago and it was the Amazon firestick. It could not see the server from time to time and I would have to reboot the stick every few days. However plex was running fine on our smart TV, phones, tablets, and WD tv lives boxes. I removed the Firestick, plugged in a chromecast and I haven't had an issue since! if you can..when you have issues, try to connect from another device.

Not sure if you are still having issues, but I had very similar issues a few months ago and it was the Amazon firestick. It could not see the server from time to time and I would have to reboot the stick every few days. However plex was running fine on our smart TV, phones, tablets, and WD tv lives boxes. I removed the Firestick, plugged in a chromecast and I haven't had an issue since! if you can..when you have issues, try to connect from another device.

Once I have done a clean re-install; I will load it on my WDTV Live...and compare issues between it and FireTV.

Once I have done a clean re-install; I will load it on my WDTV Live...and compare issues between it and FireTV.

Sounds good! I have a good feeling that your firetv is going to be the issue.

@CDLehner, don't forget to delete the previous Appdata folder for PLEX. Looks like you have it in /mnt/user/appdata/PLEX

Delete that WHOLE PLEX folder.

WARNING: This will also erase all your watched status and configuration, but I think that's what you want... to start from scratch.

I had it right on the root (right?); so it's gone?

help4_zpsibgknccj.png

Would it be possible to post a picture of just the Main page where it lists all you drives not the file explorer view.

The fact that your stopping array and rebooting is really a sign of something much more complicated.

Sure. Can you tell me what you're looking for?

Ah...disk7 is full!!??

That could be your issue, with only 1.53GB left it doesn't really give docker much to work with.

Is there a reason your not running a cache drive?

OK, here's how I would install this if working from scratch (on 6.1.9):

1. Setup a cache drive.

2. Add 'appdata' as a cache-ONLY share.

3. Enable docker, point docker.img to /mnt/cache/appdata

4. Install linuxserver.io Plex docker (my preference)

5. Set /config >> /mnt/cache/appdata/plex

6. Set media folders (i.e. /movies >> /mnt/user/movies)

7. Set /transcode >> /mnt/cache/appdata/plex (ensures plex doesnt fill docker.img with transcodes)

8. Save and start Plex docker. perform basic initialization steps (i.e. sign in, setup preferences, etc.). Don't forget to set your transcode dir in Plex to /transcode

9. Setup meta data agents

10. Setup media libraries / folders

11. Open router config, forward port 32400 to unraid server

12. Set plex to manual port forward (uPNP times out and disables remote access in my case)

13. Enjoy life.

I think that covers it all from what I can recall.

10gb docker.img is recommended but if youre only going to be using plex you should be fine with 5gb

if youre not going to use a cache drive. use a drive that will have sufficient space.

plex metadata grows fast. im up to 100gb lol

The metadata is stored in the 'appdata' folder, not the docker.img, just for clarity.

@CDLehner, don't forget to delete the previous Appdata folder for PLEX. Looks like you have it in /mnt/user/appdata/PLEX

Delete that WHOLE PLEX folder.

WARNING: This will also erase all your watched status and configuration, but I think that's what you want... to start from scratch.

Yeppers. Thanks!

help6.png.92f47cd2173b73c257262a0d085b9e13.png