SERIOUSLY! PLEX, hosted on unRAID...is driving me #%&* NUTZ!!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get another disk unless it will break the bank. If you do go with the old disk be sure to back it up frequently so you can recover your plex library and whatever else you are keeping on it. If you were only using it to cache user share writes that would be different.

Nah; of course not. I just wish, you could buy something small these days.

I mean...even 250 is serious overkill, right?

Get another disk unless it will break the bank. If you do go with the old disk be sure to back it up frequently so you can recover your plex library and whatever else you are keeping on it. If you were only using it to cache user share writes that would be different.

Which is one reason why most people are using a 250GB SSD as a cache drive. It's ideal for a plex library that has thousands of small files.

If you're only using the cache drive for plex and you do not have a crazy amount of movies then 250 is a on the higher end of space you need. If you will be doing other things with your cache drive, like other dockers or VMs or actually using the cache drive to get better transfer speeds, then 250 will not cut it. If you plan on messing with VMs or using the cache like normal get between 750 to 1 TB, IMHO.

OK, thanks guys...as always!

Lemme get a cache; we'll get that straight...and then, not lose sight of the OP. Getting PLEX loaded and working efficiently (which, in hindsight...was probably not an installation or operator error; but for the record...I do have a decent movie library, and I was hosting PLEX on a full drive  :-[)

See ya soon.

I haven't seen recent SSD reliability reports but previous ones had OCZ at the very bottom, FAR worse than the best SSD's (I think IBM and Samsung were the best then).  I personally would not trust them until I saw far better reviews than in the past.