Docker IP Address in 6.2 Beta

Berg

Hello everyone,

I tried posting this question in the beta announce thread but it quickly got lost, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Second only to dual parity drives, the update of the docker "engine" is the best feature of 6.2, 

Quick question about the update to docker; does this mean that docker can now have its own IP address?

If so, I assume it will require support built by each keeper of dockers for some custom config to each docker, correct?

Or is this something I can do myself now with the current templates?

This would be fantastic since it would allow to direct a specific dockers's traffic over a VPN tunnel on my pfsense router.

Any wisdom you have would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just started to look into this. I upgraded to 6.2rc2 and this broke my existing docker static ip solution of using pipework.

I have tried a few things but am still yet to have any success. The link below seemed the most promising but I haven't got it to work for me yet.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35742807/docker-1-10-containers-ip-in-lan

From my initial research it appears that docker 1.12rc may fix some of the docker networking options. But that doesn't help us here and now.

Just a note for anybody attempting to play with the docker networks features. When creating a network if you create a bridge network with a gateway the same as your router you will get an ip conflict and this may cause havoc on your network.

I am looking at the two options of how to fix pipework and use docker networking solutions. Hopefully I find a solution as some of my dockers need this solution to run properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a good go at making the docker network function in unraid 6.2 to give an ip for a container but had no luck.

I did however find a partial fix for using pipework to give an ip in unraid 6.2. I found that I need to restart the pipework docker container after starting the container that I have added the extra command too for the ip.

For more info on using pipework to give a docker container an ip check out the original post https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43970.0.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks tinglis1 for trying ...

I can't believe no one has successfully done this yet - this is ideal for several of the most used dockers.

I guess some patience might be required, either to play with this myself or to wait on someone else figuring it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk