Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can't access the NAS---again

Featured Replies

Once again I cannot asses the NAS in any way.  Through a browser I get the ever popular "403 Forbidden".  Through windows explorer I get "An error occurred while reconnecting B: to \\tower\photobackup  Microsoft Windows Network: The network name cannot be found.  This connection has not been restored."

 

Any ideas anybody?  I don't want to do a hard powerdown but will if I need to.

Once again I cannot asses the NAS in any way.  Through a browser I get the ever popular "403 Forbidden".  Through windows explorer I get "An error occurred while reconnecting B: to \\tower\photobackup  Microsoft Windows Network: The network name cannot be found.  This connection has not been restored."

 

Any ideas anybody?  I don't want to do a hard powerdown but will if I need to.

Can you connect a monitor and keyboard to the server?
  • Author

Sorry I didn't get back to this.  Thanks for the response.  YES I can connect a monitor and keyboard to the server.

  • Community Expert

Sorry I didn't get back to this.  Thanks for the response.  YES I can connect a monitor and keyboard to the server.

What do you see on the monitor? Can you type on it? If so, get your diagnostics by typing diagnostics at the command line. See v6 sticky in my sig.
  • Author

Weellll, the good news is I ran the diagnostics, the bead news is it was after a reboot.  Duhh.

  • Community Expert

Post them anyway and then if it happens again, get another before rebooting.

  • Author

Thanks for everyone's help on this.  Please have patience with me.  I don't know how to post the log file because I don't know where it saves to.  I also have no idea how to ping the NAS.  Thanks,

Steve

  • Community Expert

Thanks for everyone's help on this.  Please have patience with me.  I don't know how to post the log file because I don't know where it saves to.  I also have no idea how to ping the NAS.  Thanks,

Steve

If you have GUI access then you get the diagnostics via the Tools->Diagnostics option.

 

If you have access via the console then you use the command

diagnostics

and the resulting ZIP file is written to the 'logs' folder on the USB stick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.