Changed Parity Drive - Want to Use Old Parity Drive

I upgraded my parity drive from a 3TB to a 4TB.  After restarting I chose the new 4TB drive and parity check started.  Parity ran over night and finished successfully.  I took the old parity drive (3TB) and replaced a 500GB data drive with it.  Unraid didn't see the new 4TB parity drive as the correct one.  I removed the old 3TB parity drive and installed the 500GB data drive back in its original place.  Now I restarted and it needs to run parity again.  I'm guessing that Unraid saw the old parity drive and freaked out.  Do I need to do some formatting of the old 3TB parity drive outside of Unraid to re-use it as a data drive?

Thanks

Will

Something went wrong as there’s no problem reusing the old parity disk after completing a parity sync with a new one.

You should use a windows pc to run chkdsk on your flash drive, in case there's a problem and that's why the changes weren't saved.

Now when you say it needs to run parity again, is that a parity sync? Are all disks green? Maybe post a screenshot of the current array state.

I wonder if Unassigned Devices was installed and it had mounted the disk?  That might top the Preclear plugin from allowing it to be used?

Also note that Unassigned Devices provides the capability to format drives, but you first have to go into its settings to allow Destructive Mode.

I wonder if Unassigned Devices was installed and it had mounted the disk?  That might top the Preclear plugin from allowing it to be used?

Also note that Unassigned Devices provides the capability to format drives, but you first have to go into its settings to allow Destructive Mode.

Are you sure you are on the right thread?

OK, so parity ran last night and when I checked it this afternoon everything looked good.  See first screenshot (Parity_OK).  I stopped the array and I got an error on the parity drive.  It is still looking for the old 3TB parity drive.  See the second screenshot (Parity_After_Stopped).  It seems like Unraid is not remembering the new parity drive.  How do i fix this?

Thanks

Edit:  I just noticed that Unraid gave the new drive the designation sdg.  The 3TB parity was sda.  Is Unraid looking for sda and not finding it giving me the error?

I plugged my usb drive into my Windows 10 machine and I got an error saying there was a problem with the disk.  The USB drive mounted and I ran a chkdsk and got the following errors:

Should I repair it?

Thanks

W

I did not back that thumb drive up.  From what I understand the thumb drive contains the key for the software.  I have the key in my e-mail.  Should I just start from scratch, format the drive, re-install Unraid and re-set my drives?

Thanks

W

Edit:  I may have figured out what the issue was.  Part of this process was also a move to a larger case.  Originally I think the thumb drive was plugged into a USB 2.0 port.  After the move I plugged it into a USB 3.0 slot.  I plugged the thumb drive back into a USB 2.0 port and I'm re-running the parity on the new 4TB drive and will see if the changes save in the morning.

Thanks for all the help.

W

ok, I let parity happen last night and everything is green.  I stopped the array and I get no warnings anymore.  So I think the problem was plugging the USB drive into a USB 3.0 port instead of a 2.0 port.  I will replace my 500GB data drive with the old 3TB parity drive and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help