LSI 1068e - bad flash

gbr3

Hello all

Recently i got X7DCL-3 motherboard with LSI 1068e contoller. All i wanted to do was to change it from IT mode to IR mode. I used this firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4y0a82nhaqrmz47/LSI+SAS1068E+Controllers%28P20%29Linux.zip but it seems that it was not a good choice. During the flash it stopped on resetting adapter and didnt go any further. Ive backed up old firmware but it wont allow me to flash it now because sasflash says theres no adapter installed. I can see that adapter is still there using lspci command.

Is there any way to restore original firmware or its already dead?

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd share as I hit the same stuck as you. I have a Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F and had tried to flash the IR version over the IT version. My flash also stopped at Resetting Adapter. Then, after power cycling, the SAS controller was no longer detected

After trying a million different things I ended up flashing this ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/LSI/1064_1068/SR/Firmware/B3/L8i/1.26.01/L8i_SR.zip

Be sure to run clear.bat first, restart the computer, then L8i.bat

Also, you'll need you your SAS address - this is on a label on the motherboard and will be something like SAS 5003048XXXXXXXXX -  information told me I only needed to enter the last 9 characters but that didn't work for me to I entered the whole lot

The SAS controller was now being detected :)

I then flashed the IT version of the firmware from https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search (Product Gorup = Legacy Product, Product Family = All Legacy Products, Product Name = LSI SAS 3081E-R)

In hindsight it might have been possible to flash the IT version from Supermicro in the first place from here ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/LSI/1064_1068/IT/Firmware/B3/L8i/1.26.01/L8i_IT.zip

I have since tried to get an IR version to work but I think the issue is going to be the fact that the controller we have doesn't have NVSRAM and therefore only supports SR and IT

I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on if my conclusion is accurate and the lace of NVSRAM

I guess if that is the case, I'll invest in a AOC-IButton68 to get hardware raid

• 1 year later...