Current Build List, Input appreciated

earhog

After a ton of reading I've decided on the following, please let me know if you have any input or if I should change anything up. For the most part this will be a media server with future options to expand to a couple vm. I will be running plex, sickbeard, sabnzbd, xbmc, and a few others as I learn more about unRAID.

CPU: Intel Xeon x3 1230 v5

Mobo: Supermicro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 X11SAE-F-O

PSU: EVGA 600w Bronze+

Case: Silverstone Tek GD08B

Mem: Crucial 16GBx2 ddr4-2133 ECC RDIMM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb

HDD: WD Red 6tb x 4 and the odds ones laying around the house.

In the future I will find an appropriate gpu when I am ready to do VM, unless anyone can recommend a passive cooled gpu that can support hdmi 2.0 for 4k/60hz, preferably nvidia.

Thanks

After a ton of reading I've decided on the following, please let me know if you have any input or if I should change anything up. For the most part this will be a media server with future options to expand to a couple vm. I will be running plex, sickbeard, sabnzbd, xbmc, and a few others as I learn more about unRAID.

CPU: Intel Xeon x3 1230 v5

Mobo: Supermicro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 X11SAE-F-O

PSU: EVGA 600w Bronze+

Case: Silverstone Tek GD08B

Mem: Crucial 16GBx2 ddr4-2133 ECC RDIMM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb

HDD: WD Red 6tb x 4 and the odds ones laying around the house.

In the future I will find an appropriate gpu when I am ready to do VM, unless anyone can recommend a passive cooled gpu that can support hdmi 2.0 for 4k/60hz, preferably nvidia.

Thanks

I run a build similar to this.

I have GD09B, put a 1230v3 in it. GD08/09B need every filled fan to keep the CPU/GPU/HDD cool and plenty of space around them to keep cool. I wouldn't recommend it as a case for a home server unless there is at least 75mm clearance on left and right of it and the front isn't enclosed.

I moved to a fractal node 804 with my parts, silent cool and can hold 10HDD and 4SSD. I would highly recommend it, but it takes a microATX max.