(Solved) Boot Loop After Upgrade from 6.1.6 to 6.1.9

I recently attempted an upgrade from 6.1.6 to 6.1.9 and now I'm stuck in a boot loop.

I performed the upgrade steps from the GUI with no error. So I stopped the array successfully,

and then rebooted via ssh. Now my system won't boot. Does the "Automatic Boot" countdown

the first check on bzimage says "OK" and then when it tries the second image bzroot

it restarts the countdown.

When I select the safe mode, nothing happens, and same with the memtest.

After some looking around I read that the bzroot image may be suspect in that it may not have been

copied, but when I look at the USB both files are there. However, when trying to browse certain folders

(on Windows) I get corrupt file/folder errors. Although the flash isn't new I don't think the flash would

have become corrupt since my reboot last week.

What should be my next steps? Is my flash corrupt?

I'd rather not have to reconfigure my server from scratch...

I have access to a Linux and Mac if there are any tools/commands that may be recommended to try.

Installed Plugins & Dockers:

Plugins:

• SickRage[PhAzE v3]
  • CouchPotato[PhAzE v3]
  • Unassigned Devices

Dockers:

• Beets
  • Plex
  • qbittorrent
  • postgresql
  • handbrake
  • owncloud

I would start by putting the USB stick into a Windows system and letting it fix any errors detected.  You could then download the ZIP of unRAID from the Limerech site and extract new copies of bzroot and bzimage files in case one of them did not get written correctly.  As long as those two files are intact the boot sequence normally completes so the copies on the USB stick have to be suspect.

It is not a bad idea to take a backup of the USB stick just before doing an upgrade.  This can be done over the network from the "flash' share and should be done with the array stopped.

So I tried the windows repair, it essentially just truncated anything that was corrupt. bzroot was half the size and all other files in the root directory were deleted. I tried to boot with it anyways, no surprise it didn't work, crashing during the boot sequence, though it did get past the image tests.

I replace the missing files from the zip on the website:

First, the system hangs on the POST motherboard logo screen. (USB LED flashes like it's trying to read)

So I power cycle and then I get a screen that says: SYSLINUX 6.03 EDD and again the USB LED is going.

So I unplug it and put it into my Windows computer to check the files, all seem okay, so I try it in the server again...

and end up in the boot loop...