[Solved] Upgraded to 6.2.0 Beta19 and can't use VMs now (status disabled)

After upgrading to the new beta (and checking over all of the changes/warnings) the status in VM manager says disabled. I've changed some settings in advance mode to match where the files are located and it stayed that way. Turning it off and then on didn't solve it either. Is there something I can do to fix this otherwise I looks like it's back to 6.1.9?

Pictures on request since I don't know what'd be relevant to everyone here.

Thank you.

ground-diagnostics-20160320-1047.zip

After upgrading to the new beta (and checking over all of the changes/warnings) the status in VM manager says disabled. I've changed some settings in advance mode to match where the files are located and it stayed that way. Turning it off and then on didn't solve it either. Is there something I can do to fix this otherwise I looks like it's back to 6.1.9?

Pictures on request since I don't know what'd be relevant to everyone here.

Thank you.

Perhaps you should post a screenshot of where it says disabled?    As far as I could see there was nowhere in VM Manager that displays that - the closest was whether Enable VM's was set to Yes or No - is that what you meant?  Obviously to be able to run VMs this needs to be set to Yes.

Attached will be the screenshot of what I see. All of the file paths should be right with the status in the top right. My array is started I just took the picture before it was. After checking it didn't make a difference whether it was or not as the status still said disabled either way.

58aad7e070707_ss2016-03-20at03_39_03.png.016eba8db3d54abc95878ce525a06d43.png

I changed the iso and vm image locations but I left the libvirt location unchanged and set as mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img (which ends up on the cache disk as the 'system' share is set as cache only.  It  might be worth leaving yours at that to see if it makes a difference.  I think the VM settings from 6.1.9 are auto-migrated to that location.

Tried a few new things though nothing's working. Where can I download the libvirt.img as I can't find it anywhere? Also I have two virtIO isos in my folder after downloading and cannot see them in explorer even with hidden files enabled. They show up in unRaid's GUI, though.

Tried a few new things though nothing's working. Where can I download the libvirt.img as I can't find it anywhere? Also I have two virtIO isos in my folder after downloading and cannot see them in explorer even with hidden files enabled. They show up in unRaid's GUI, though.

IT should be created by unraid. You did try to put libvirt.img in the path?

IT should be created by unraid. You did try to put libvirt.img in the path?

Yes, that was one of the new things I tried earlier.

Fixed it. libvirt.img cannot be anywhere other than /mnt/cache/libvirt.img even if you put it in a folder that /is/ the cache drive. It must specifically be that exact path. Once I make it /mnt/cache/libvirt.img the status changes.

Well mine is at /mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img which is where the upgrade process put it and that works fine for me.    Since the 'system' share is set as cache only that is a the same as /mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img

Fixed it. libvirt.img cannot be anywhere other than /mnt/cache/libvirt.img even if you put it in a folder that /is/ the cache drive. It must specifically be that exact path. Once I make it /mnt/cache/libvirt.img the status changes.

Well mine is at /mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img which is where the upgrade process put it and that works fine for me.    Since the 'system' share is set as cache only that is a the same as /mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img

/mnt/user/Virtual Machines/libvirt.img is also cache only and didn't work for me so it's strange you had better luck than me. At least future users upgrading can look into this thread in case they run into similar and use what we've both experienced.

/mnt/user/Virtual Machines/libvirt.img is also cache only and didn't work for me so it's strange you had better luck than me. At least future users upgrading can look into this thread in case they run into similar and use what we've both experienced.

It is probably the space in the folder name that was the fault. I guess you only tried with a folder that contained a space?

If that is the case you should post it in the beta thread so limetech is aware of the bug.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can someone help me with a problem similar to that.

I can access to VM (and one vm is up and running) but I CAN'T do anything.

I can't STOP, SHUTDOWN, EDIT XML, etc... I simply does nothing when I click on the VM icon.

I was on 6.1.9 after changing some parameters. Update to  6.1.2 without luck, the problem persists.

Here you have images and explanation:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=52100.0

Thankyou

Gus

Can someone help me with a problem similar to that.

I can access to VM (and one vm is up and running) but I CAN'T do anything.

I can't STOP, SHUTDOWN, EDIT XML, etc... I simply does nothing when I click on the VM icon.

I was on 6.1.9 after changing some parameters. Update to  6.1.2 without luck, the problem persists.

Here you have images and explanation:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=52100.0

Thankyou

Gus

Please create your own thread since this one has been solved.

Please create your own thread since this one has been solved.

Sorry @krone6 I did it, but thought it was similar to this one and perhaps someone could give me a clue.

I didn't find any thread similar to my problem and haven't had any answer to my "particular" problem.

2 days without been able to use VMs.

Thankyou

Gus

• 3 weeks later...

itimpi or others, should some advice from this thread be put into the Additional Upgrade Advice?  If so, how should it be worded?  (I haven't created a VM yet)

Thanks for the link. I'll save it and reference it in the future.

I forgot and for some reason didn't update my original post with the resolution. Since then I've upgraded to each new release as it gets updated so whatever the latest version is is the one I'm on now and the VMs work fine, though they're still super picky sometimes.