Help needed setting up gaming vm for Steam Streaming

Hey guys,

I am going in for neck/spine surgery on Tuesday and will be laid up for up to 3 months  :( and want to get Steam Streaming up and running on a vm using the installed Asus 750ti 2gb oc.

I have had a vm up and running previously with the card so I know cards are in the correct slots etc... For the last 2 weeks I have spent way too much time trying to get the vm working correctly, I have wiped and started from scratch countless times, I have had varying degrees of success, I had the vm running but kept getting directx errors in steam, wiped and haven't been able to get the video card to pass through again since! I'm sure I am doing something wrong in my setup but have no more time to keep researching to find the solution!

Currently I have wiped the vm and am ready to start again from scratch... I have spend untold hours searching, testing, trying suggested fixes etc. So I am really hoping someone has a similar setup and can tell me their settings so I can get this thing done  :)

My set up

AMD fx8350

24gb ram

Asus gtx 750 ti 2gb oc

Asus m5a97 board

Not sure what but a 2nd video card for unraid

As I said I had it almost working once but kept getting Directx errors in Steam, Uninstalled latest Directx update and reinstalled, tried multiple Nvidia drivers, tried different games etc

I have 2 other vms running, one server and one Win7, the win 7 I would prefer to access to 4 cpu cores, the server runs fine on 3, and I thought to set up the Steam streaming box to use all 7 and leave core 1 for UnRaid. Ram, both the existing server and existing Win7 vm are set with 4gb of ram so I would like to set up the Steam box with 12gb.

I have tried adding the ROM file into the xml also.

Just a thought, would it be easier to set up a Linux steam box? I am a Linux noob so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea  :) 

I have tried various machine types and versions. I have tried both bios types, I typically set up the vm with a vnc video card, boot into Windows, set up rdp access, and then set it up for the Nvidia card, where my UnRaid is set up it is not comfortable to sit there with neck issues  :( but it that would have better results I could do it.

Does anyone have a similar set up that is working and would be willing to share their xml, screen shot of their configure etc?