[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

No luck editing the AllowedIPs to either to @binhex listed subnet mask (10.0.0.0/8 let me access locally but blocked DNS resolution for torrents inside the container) should I try something else? I don't seem to have the wg0.conf overwrite problem, have you tried locking down the permissions on the  file to read only?

Edited by graydonp
added details
On 6/22/2021 at 6:44 AM, graydonp said:

No luck editing the AllowedIPs to either to @binhex listed subnet mask (10.0.0.0/8 let me access locally but blocked DNS resolution for torrents inside the container) should I try something else? I don't seem to have the wg0.conf overwrite problem, have you tried locking down the permissions on the  file to read only?

Well since you're not having the overwrite issue that tells me there must be something wrong with my container. I'll probably scrub the container and it's appdata directory and try again from scratch.

EDIT: Well even after starting over with the container from scratch it is still overwriting my wg0.conf file...

I don't get how the exact same container can perform so differently on two different servers.

EDIT2: The only remaining difference I have yet to test is the iptables mangle support. NODE has it enabled as rtorrent is externally accessible while VOID does not have mangle support turned on. I don't think that will affect my wg0.conf overwrite issue but maybe mangle is what is preventing me from accessing the local web interface.

Edited by weirdcrap
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm a beginner so apologies for dumb question. i just installed this but don't want to use any of the VPN features, just use rtorrent as normal client.

I tried launching the webUI (i set "password" for both RPC2_PASS and WEBUI_PASS but the WebUI doesn't launch (tried [localhost]:9080/9443/5000/8118...all no dice). what do i need to do to make rtorrent work like a standard client?

Edit: nvm, just changed KEY_1 to "no" to disable vpn feature

Edited by DrivePool9015

I am currently using 2 binhex VPN containers. This one as well as the privoxy one. I have started getting some ipv6 errors in my logs for the rtorrent container. I don't have ipv6 enabled in unraid and I am not using it anywhere. I am not getting these errors in the privoxy container and I have even tried to using the same .ovpn file for both containers just to see if it was that.  Everything was working fine until yesterday as far as I could tell and I am getting no errors in the privoxy container (no v6 routes are being added in that one). Any idea what this might be? Thank you.

2021-07-28 06:41:31 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route. However, no IPv6 has been configured for tun0, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.

2021-07-28 06:41:31 ERROR: Linux IPv6 route can't be added

2021-07-28 06:45:45 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-101): Network is unreachable

5 hours ago, theGrok said:

I am currently using 2 binhex VPN containers. This one as well as the privoxy one. I have started getting some ipv6 errors in my logs for the rtorrent container. I don't have ipv6 enabled in unraid and I am not using it anywhere. I am not getting these errors in the privoxy container and I have even tried to using the same .ovpn file for both containers just to see if it was that.  Everything was working fine until yesterday as far as I could tell and I am getting no errors in the privoxy container (no v6 routes are being added in that one). Any idea what this might be? Thank you.

2021-07-28 06:41:31 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route. However, no IPv6 has been configured for tun0, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.

2021-07-28 06:41:31 ERROR: Linux IPv6 route can't be added

2021-07-28 06:45:45 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-101): Network is unreachable

hmm using the same openvpn file as privoxyvpn which you say works, should get you going, im assuming you havent actually tried restarting privoxyvpn though right?, maybe it will also fail on restart.

in any case, please do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

On 7/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, binhex said:

hmm using the same openvpn file as privoxyvpn which you say works, should get you going, im assuming you havent actually tried restarting privoxyvpn though right?, maybe it will also fail on restart.

in any case, please do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Hi. I did a little more digging and you were right. I re-started the other container and had an issue. So I got fresh config files from my VPN provider and all works great now. Thank you for your help and for your awesome containers.

Hi @binhex another great docker - thanks!

I keep having problems where rtorrent becomes unavailable - sometimes it recovers but it can take literally a day (if I'm patient and wait that long).  I'm noticed that I can avoid this by waiting for the "working" animation to finish when e.g. changing labels, moving torrent locations etc.  But, it's still very delicate and locks me out frequently.  Restarting the docker doesn't fix the problem and I just have to wait it out - rebooting unRAID helps, but isn't ideal.

I get errors like this in my logs:

2021-08-04 08:42:03,544 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2021/08/04 08:42:03 [error] 2333#2333: *8409 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.1.1:9080"

2021-08-04 08:40:15,939 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Failed to start rTorrent, skipping initialisation of ruTorrent Plugins...

2021-08-04 08:40:53,117 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2021/08/04 08:40:53 [error] 2333#2333: *8397 connect() failed (111: Unknown error) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.1.1:9080"

2021-08-04 08:38:43,583 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Failed to start rTorrent, skipping initialisation of ruTorrent Plugins...

2021-08-04 08:46:27,001 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2021/08/04 08:46:27 [error] 2333#2333: *8450 connect() failed (111: Unknown error) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.1.1:9080"

Any ideas what's wrong?  Thanks in advance.

# This is an example resource file for rTorrent. Copy to
# ~/.rtorrent.rc and enable/modify the options as needed. Remember to
# uncomment the options you wish to enable.

# rTorrent log file locations
execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /config/rtorrent/logs}
log.open_file = "rtorrent", /config/rtorrent/logs/rtorrent.log
log.open_file = "tracker", /config/rtorrent/logs/tracker.log
log.open_file = "storage", /config/rtorrent/logs/storage.log

# rTorrent logging verbosity for rtorrent, comment out if logs are too chatty
log.add_output = "info", "rtorrent"
log.add_output = "critical", "rtorrent"
log.add_output = "error", "rtorrent"
log.add_output = "warn", "rtorrent"
log.add_output = "notice", "rtorrent"
log.add_output = "debug", "rtorrent"

# rTorrent logging for dht and tracker traffic
log.add_output = "dht_debug", "tracker"
log.add_output = "tracker_debug", "tracker"

# rTorrent logging for storage
log.add_output = "storage_debug", "storage"

# Maximum number of simultaneous downloads and uploads slots (global slots!) (`max_downloads_global`, `max_uploads_global`)
#
throttle.max_downloads.global.set = 10
throttle.max_uploads.global.set   = 3000

# Global upload and download rate in KiB. "0" for unlimited.
#
# throttle.global_down.max_rate.set_kb = 0
throttle.global_up.max_rate.set_kb = 3000
throttle.global_down.max_rate.set_kb = 0

# Maximum number of simultaneous downloads and uploads slots per torrent (`max_uploads`) Default: `50` for both
#
#throttle.max_downloads.set = 50
#throttle.max_uploads.set = 8

# Maximum and minimum number of peers to connect to per torrent.
#
#throttle.min_peers.normal.set = 100
#throttle.max_peers.normal.set = 200

# Same as above but for seeding completed torrents (-1 = same as downloading)
#
#throttle.min_peers.seed.set = 10
#throttle.max_peers.seed.set = 50

# Maximum number of connections rtorrent can accept/make (`sockets`)
#
#network.max_open_sockets.set = 1200

# Maximum number of open files rtorrent can keep open (you have to modify the system wide settings with ulimit!) (`set_max_open_files`)
#
network.max_open_files.set = 600

# Default directory to save the downloaded torrents.
#
execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /data/incomplete}
directory.default.set = /user/mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/downloads/intermediate/rtorrent

# Default session directory. Make sure you don't run multiple instance
# of rtorrent using the same session directory. Perhaps using a
# relative path?
#
execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /config/rtorrent/session}
session.path.set = /config/rtorrent/session/

# Watch a directory for new torrents, and stop those that have been
# deleted.
#
#schedule2 = watch_directory,5,5,load.start=./watch/*.torrent
#schedule2 = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=

# Close torrents when diskspace is low.
#
schedule2 = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=100G

# The ip address reported to the tracker.
#
#network.local_address.set = 127.0.0.1
#network.local_address.set = rakshasa.no

# The ip address the listening socket and outgoing connections is
# bound to.
#
#network.bind_address.set = 127.0.0.1
#network.bind_address.set = rakshasa.no

# Port range to use for listening.
#
network.port_range.set = 42565-42565

# Start opening ports at a random position within the port range.
#
network.port_random.set = no

# Disable check for SSL cert for tracker
#
network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set = 0

# Check hash for finished torrents. Might be useful until the bug is
# fixed that causes lack of diskspace not to be properly reported.
#
#pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no

# Set whether the client should try to connect to UDP trackers.
#
trackers.use_udp.set = yes

# Set the maximum permitted single file size in a torrent.
# Note if you do not set this and attempt to start a torrent that
# contains a file larger than 512 GB (default) then the torrent will
# not start.
#
#system.file.max_size.set = 1024G

# Alternative calls to bind and ip that should handle dynamic ip's.
#
#schedule2 = ip_tick,0,1800,ip=rakshasa
#schedule2 = bind_tick,0,1800,bind=rakshasa

# Encryption options, set to none (default) or any combination of the following:
# allow_incoming, try_outgoing, require, require_RC4, enable_retry, prefer_plaintext
#
# allow_incoming - Allow incoming encrypted connections from other peers
# try_outgoing - Attempt to set up encryption when initiating a connection
# require - Require encryption, and reject to peers who don't support it
# require_RC4 - Require RC4 encryption specifically
# enable_retry - If a peer is rejected for not supporting the encryption we need, retry the handshake
# prefer_plaintext - Prefer plaintext encryption
#
protocol.encryption.set = allow_incoming,try_outgoing,enable_retry

# Enable DHT support for trackerless torrents or when all trackers are down.
# May be set to "disable" (completely disable DHT), "off" (do not start DHT),
# "auto" (start and stop DHT as needed), or "on" (start DHT immediately).
# The default is "off". For DHT to work, a session directory must be defined.
# 
dht.mode.set = auto

# UDP port to use for DHT. 
#
dht.port.set = 58124

# Enable peer exchange (for torrents not marked private)
#
protocol.pex.set = yes

# Set downlad list layout style. ("full", "compact")
#
#ui.torrent_list.layout.set = "full"

# SCGI Connectivity (for alternative rtorrent interfaces, XMLRPC)
#
# Use a IP socket with scgi_port, or a Unix socket with scgi_local.
# schedule can be used to set permissions on the unix socket.
#
scgi_port = 0.0.0.0:5000
#scgi_local = /home/user/rtorrent/rpc.socket
#schedule = scgi_permission,0,0,"execute.nothrow=chmod,\"g+w,o=\",/home/user/rtorrent/rpc.socket"

# Initialise ruTorrent plugins (required for rss and scheduler plugins) on startup 
# (normally triggered by a browser opening the web ui).
#
# The command below in practice does NOT always trigger (possible race condition?) and thus
# the same command has been added to the script /home/nobody/initplugins.sh in order to 
# attempt to ensure all plugins are initialised.
#
# NOTE - Do not double quote or curly brackets env var for 'WEBUI_USER'
#
execute = {/bin/bash,-c,/usr/bin/sleep 10s && /usr/bin/php /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php $WEBUI_USER &}

root@Highlander:~# docker run --rm -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock red5d/docker-autocompose rtorrentvpn
version: "3"
services:
  rtorrentvpn:
    command:
      - '/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/init.sh'
    container_name: rtorrentvpn
    cpuset: 1,2,3,4,8,9,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,24,25,29,30,31,
    entrypoint:
      - /usr/bin/tini
      - -g
      - --
    environment:
      - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes
      - PGID=100
      - PHP_TZ=UTC
      - PUID=99
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2=yes
      - ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=yes
      - NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1
      - VPN_PROV=airvpn
      - RPC2_USER=admin
      - WEBUI_USER=admin
      - WEBUI_PASS=###############
      - VPN_OPTIONS=
      - VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS=
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - RPC2_PASS=######################
      - UMASK=000
      - TZ=Europe/London
      - HOST_OS=Unraid
      - 'VPN_PASS=vpn password'
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
      - DEBUG=false
      - 'VPN_USER=vpn username'
      - ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI=no
      - VPN_INPUT_PORTS=
      - PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/home/nobody/bin
      - HOME=/home/nobody
      - TERM=xterm
      - LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
    hostname: 63ae208be953
    image: binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn
    ipc: private
    logging:
      driver: json-file
      options:
        max-file: 3
        max-size: 50m
    mac_address: 02:42:ac:11:00:0e
    networks:
      - bridge
    ports:
      - 19182:19182/tcp
      - 42565:42565/tcp
      - 42565:42565/udp
      - 5000:5000/tcp
      - 58124:58124/tcp
      - 8118:8118/tcp
      - 9080:9080/tcp
      - 9443:9443/tcp
    privileged: true
    security_opt:
      - label=disable
    volumes:
      - /mnt/user/downloads/rutorrent:/data:rw
      - /mnt/user/:/user:rw
      - /mnt/user/appdata/dockers/rtorrentvpn:/config:rw
networks:
  bridge:
    external: true

logs.txt

Edited by DZMM
23 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I keep having problems where I rtorrent becomes unavailable - sometimes it recovers but it can take literally a day (if I'm patient and wait that long). 

you are not alone in this experience, i have spent a lot of time tweaking this image to try and prevent or at least reduce the frequency of rtorrent timeouts, its better than it was believe it or not, it was a lot more unstable, but yeah it kinda is what it is at this point. tbh for me i reluctantly (love the ui and speed of rtorrent) moved on to qbittorrent due to this issue and the fact that qbittorrent is in active development, yeah qbittorrent is a long way of perfect but its stable which is a big plus in my book.

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

you are not alone in this experience, i have spent a lot of time tweaking this image to try and prevent or at least reduce the frequency of rtorrent timeouts, its better than it was believe it or not, it was a lot more unstable, but yeah it kinda is what it is at this point. tbh for me i reluctantly (love the ui and speed of rtorrent) moved on to qbittorrent due to this issue and the fact that qbittorrent is in active development, yeah qbittorrent is a long way of perfect but its stable which is a big plus in my book.

Thanks.  I used to use qbittorrent quite successfully, but I moved to rtorrent because:

(i) built-in unrar

(ii) ratio groups - adding upload/download channels automatically

(iii) ratio groups - removing per tracker once seed time hit

(iii) was the main one for me, but I've realised now that I have each indexer added individually in sonarr etc I should be able to handle this myself.  I'm going to have another look at qbit to see if I can get the unrar working.

I am trying to setup rTorrent with Dynamix WireGuard. I can access the Web UI of rTorrent via local ip but not the Duck DNS domain and I am not sure how to setup VPN with it. I have a few questions about this.

1. The app description of rTorrent says it includes WireGuard. Is Dynamix WireGuard unnecessary and can be removed?
  2. The configuration page of rTorrent asks for VPN username and password, but there aren't any in WireGuard. What did I miss?
  3. Currently I am using SWAG as my reverse proxy. When I visit the Duck DNS domain, it just points me to the welcome page of SWAG. Which files should I check for configuration problems?
  4. I am trying to find tutorials in YouTube covering WireGuard with rTorrent but there aren't any. I did come across Deluge VPN or no VPN tutorials though. Which videos have the closest configurations I can follow in order to setup WireGuard with rTorrent?

Edited by kencwt
On 8/8/2021 at 8:59 AM, kencwt said:

Is Dynamix WireGuard unnecessary and can be removed?

yes, wireguard is built into this image, no requirement whatsoever for dynamix wireguard.

The configuration page of rTorrent asks for VPN username and password, but there aren't any in WireGuard. What did I miss?

this is for openvpn not wireguard

Currently I am using SWAG as my reverse proxy. When I visit the Duck DNS domain, it just points me to the welcome page of SWAG. Which files should I check for configuration problems?

you are best asking on the SWAG support thread for this.

I am trying to find tutorials in YouTube covering WireGuard with rTorrent but there aren't any. I did come across Deluge VPN or no VPN tutorials though. Which videos have the closest configurations I can follow in order to setup WireGuard with rTorrent?

the delugevpn video might be out of date, not sure if it covers wireguard, but it should be fairly simple, download wireguard config from your vpn provider (for pia you dont need to do this) and put it in /config/wireguard/ set the env vars correctly, most people get tripped up on LAN_NETWORK, see q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

i moved to this docker because the linuxserver ones isnt beeing updated anymore.

i disabled the VPN option because i dont need that.

A Big problem that i have with this docker is i get often

[12.08.2021 00:56:44] The request to rTorrent has timed out.

[12.08.2021 00:56:50] The request to rTorrent has timed out.

When i than press F5 to refresh the page it just keeps loading.  I have to restart the Docker but often than also it doesnt get to the gui. it doesnt want to run at all.

So what is different on this client then the old linuxserver rutorrent ?

When i run the old docker of linuxserver.

i start that one i can add 100 torrents and it goes instantly no problems no lag nothing.

for both dockers all ports are open on the router etc.

8 hours ago, Cull2ArcaHeresy said:

your vpn login is saved in plain text there too

Is there no alternate way to add password that doesn't get exposed via plaintext?

this thread below seems to mention that you can edit a file with a salted password, wasn't sure if binhex's container also had the same option.

On 8/15/2021 at 12:25 PM, Linguafoeda said:

Is there no alternate way to add password that doesn't get exposed via plaintext?

this thread below seems to mention that you can edit a file with a salted password, wasn't sure if binhex's container also had the same option.

Bump re- establishing password for web UI without exposing it in docker template plaintext 

10 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

Bump re- establishing password for web UI without exposing it in docker template plaintext 

Hi Linguafoeda, I'm not sure if this has changed, but once you have created the container the password would remain there even if you remove the webui password env variable. Also there is a few scripts to add users. It's been a while, but if I'm not mistaken I've removed the original credentials by manually editing a text file inside the container and then I used a script to create the user with a different password.

Update - From the documentation:

If you want to create an additional user account for ruTorrent webui then please execute the following on the host:-

docker exec -it <container name> /home/nobody/createuser.sh <username to create> <password for the user>

If you want to delete a user account (or change the password for an account) then please execute the following on the host:-

docker exec -it <container name> /home/nobody/deluser.sh <username to delete>

Edited by Cat_Seeder
On 8/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, Cull2ArcaHeresy said:

your vpn login is saved in plain text there too

Yeah, this one I actually agree with. It would be awesome if security oriented people could use Docker secrets for this information (https://docs.docker.com/engine/swarm/secrets/). It only works with either swarm or docker compose but it would still be a fine addition nevertheless. I could offer to implement this myself but I have been swamped with work lately. Maybe someone else can open a PR? (Shouldn't be so complicated).

Edited by Cat_Seeder
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure when exactly but all of a sudden the docker is no longer working. I didn't change anything but it updated to the latest version and I'm running unraid v6.8.2. Any ideas where to start?

image.thumb.png.91d774fd51a62a063986265e2a4fbf36.png

image.thumb.png.3dc4df68b6c36857f87049963f731111.png

2021-08-27 14:36:35 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
2021-08-27 14:36:35 UDP link local: (not bound)
2021-08-27 14:36:35 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:8292

2021-08-27 14:37:35,524 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-27 14:37:35 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2021-08-27 14:37:35 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2021-08-27 14:37:35 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

2021-08-27 14:37:35 DEPRECATED OPTION: --max-routes option ignored.The number of routes is unlimited as of OpenVPN 2.4. This option will be removed in a future version, please remove it from your configuration.

2021-08-27 14:37:35 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'AES-256-CBC' to silence this warning.

2021-08-27 14:37:35 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2021-08-27 14:37:35 OpenVPN 2.5.0 [git:makepkg/a73072d8f780e888+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Nov 6 2020
2021-08-27 14:37:35 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1j 16 Feb 2021, LZO 2.10
2021-08-27 14:37:35 Restart pause, 5 second(s)

2021-08-27 14:37:40,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-27 14:37:40 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.

2021-08-27 14:37:40 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2021-08-27 14:37:40,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-27 14:37:40 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
2021-08-27 14:37:40 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
2021-08-27 14:37:40 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:8292
2021-08-27 14:37:40 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
2021-08-27 14:37:40 UDP link local: (not bound)
2021-08-27 14:37:40 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:8292

Edited by puncho
I'm not sure when exactly but all of a sudden the docker is no longer working. I didn't change anything but it updated to the latest version and I'm running unraid v6.8.2. Any ideas where to start?

image.thumb.png.91d774fd51a62a063986265e2a4fbf36.png
image.thumb.png.3dc4df68b6c36857f87049963f731111.png
2021-08-27 14:36:35 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]2021-08-27 14:36:35 UDP link local: (not bound)2021-08-27 14:36:35 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:82922021-08-27 14:37:35,524 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:35 [uNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting2021-08-27 14:37:35,524 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:35 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting2021-08-27 14:37:35,524 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:35 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.2021-08-27 14:37:35 DEPRECATED OPTION: --max-routes option ignored.The number of routes is unlimited as of OpenVPN 2.4. This option will be removed in a future version, please remove it from your configuration.2021-08-27 14:37:35,524 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:35 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'AES-256-CBC' to silence this warning.2021-08-27 14:37:35 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible2021-08-27 14:37:35 OpenVPN 2.5.0 [git:makepkg/a73072d8f780e888+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Nov 6 20202021-08-27 14:37:35 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1j 16 Feb 2021, LZO 2.102021-08-27 14:37:35 Restart pause, 5 second(s)2021-08-27 14:37:40,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:40 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.2021-08-27 14:37:40 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts2021-08-27 14:37:40,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2021-08-27 14:37:40 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication2021-08-27 14:37:40 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication2021-08-27 14:37:40 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:82922021-08-27 14:37:40 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]2021-08-27 14:37:40 UDP link local: (not bound)2021-08-27 14:37:40 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]50.7.136.139:8292

This sounds to me like a classic case of out of date VPN configuration file please go to your VPN provider and re-download the latest ovpn/wireguard configuration file

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 8/28/2021 at 12:59 AM, binhex said:

This sounds to me like a classic case of out of date VPN configuration file please go to your VPN provider and re-download the latest ovpn/wireguard configuration file

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that worked!

Hello, I just wanted to confirm is there's any special configuration needed when the VPN is disabled? I am able to access the webUI and download torrents but notice that I am not able to seed. I'm also having issues adding any RSS feeds. Only error I'm seeing is that port 6881 is closed. I appreciate the help.

Edit: I ended up switching to the qbittorrentvpn image instead, everything appears to be working out of the box.

Edited by ReadAmp

Just had to reimage my server and I'm trying to get rtorrent setup and its hanging at this step any idea? Running centos 8 

2021-09-03 14:40:52,276 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:,
[debug] DNS operational, we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address '142.250.69.196',
[debug] Waiting for iptables chain policies to be in place...

• binhex locked this topic