[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

I have that same error too, and I can't save any settings in my ruTorrent. All other dockers are working correctly. Currently on 6.2.4. I have tried reinstalling my rTorrent but it still does the same thing. This seems to have happened when I did an update of the docker a few days ago and it is currently non functional

To my best knowledge and from everything I have read these messages are purely debug only, they are not errors. What settings are not saving? this could all be due to the fact rutorrent does NOT

modify tTorrent settings.

I well be cranking down the logging which will stop these messages filling the log

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

It reverts many settings from the GUI back to default everytime I restart the docker, and also loses track of where the torrents were moved to. They are all on pause until I "save as" to the right place without checking the move files box, then I need to recheck the files and then I can start them again. Currently I have to uncheck DHT and Peer everytime, change the port, and also adjust the default download directory after every restart.

It seems like a few settings that were set on first start stay, but some don't. If there is any way I can log the stopping of the docker to see if there are any write error of some sort, that would be great

ok so some of your issues are due to a misunderstanding as to what rutorrent can and cannot do (by design).

So rutorrent is purely a web frontend to rtorrent, and as such does NOT modify any settings, the only settings you can save using rutorrent are settings for rutorrent itself, i.e. things like enabling/disabling plugins, settings for plugins etc.

If you want to modify things like incoming port, enabling/disabling dht, and folders for incomplete/complete downloads then you will have to modify the rtorrent config file, this is located in /config/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc please make sure you use something like notepad++ (not notepad) to prevent windows line endings getting added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok so some of your issues are due to a misunderstanding as to what rutorrent can and cannot do (by design).

So rutorrent is purely a web frontend to rtorrent, and as such does NOT modify any settings, the only settings you can save using rutorrent are settings for rutorrent itself, i.e. things like enabling/disabling plugins, settings for plugins etc.

If you want to modify things like incoming port, enabling/disabling dht, and folders for incomplete/complete downloads then you will have to modify the rtorrent config file, this is located in /config/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc please make sure you use something like notepad++ (not notepad) to prevent windows line endings getting added.

Yes indeed, I came here to say I figured it out by editing the config file today! I finally got everything setup. Now if that pesky message could go away ;) Thanks for your work and support, for the newbs like myself ;)

Yes indeed, I came here to say I figured it out by editing the config file today! I finally got everything setup. Now if that pesky message could go away ;) Thanks for your work and support, for the newbs like myself ;)

NP, if you pull the latest image then the logs should go quiet

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

@binhex:  Any progress on getting the Fuild WebUI ? :) Each time there is a new "update" available in my docker page for this one, I always check if you added it :P

not started yet, still finishing off some work to do with base image update, aur helper and zombie reaping issues, but i should be able to take a look at it this week.

@binhex:  Any progress on getting the Fuild WebUI ? :) Each time there is a new "update" available in my docker page for this one, I always check if you added it :P

not started yet, still finishing off some work to do with base image update, aur helper and zombie reaping issues, but i should be able to take a look at it this week.

Good progress with this guys, should have something for you to look at late tonight/tomorrow evening.

Good progress with this guys, should have something for you to look at late tonight/tomorrow evening.

Give it 30 mins, still building  8)

All done, please edit your existing container and add in a port and define as container port number 3000 (host port can we whatever you want). You will then need to add in an variable, key should be "ENABLE_FLOOD" value should be "yes" to enable.

All done, please edit your existing container and add in a port and define as container port number 3000 (host port can we whatever you want). You will then need to add in an variable, key should be "ENABLE_FLOOD" value should be "yes" to enable.

It's not working for me either.

2016-11-16 04:42:07,882 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47390023970184 for <Subprocess at 47390023486712 with name flood-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2016-11-16 04:42:07,882 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47390023968168 for <Subprocess at 47390023486712 with name flood-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2016-11-16 04:42:07,882 INFO exited: flood-script (exit status 0; expected)

did tried, but doesn't work.  The port 3000 was used, so I put 3999 as the Host PORT.  But it doesn't connect.  is there a log to send to diagnose ?

ok so just to confirm the container port is 3000 and you've just changed the host port to 3999 yes?. One other nugget of info i should of mentioned is that this is set to ssl by default, so try firing up your browser and going to:-

https://<your unraid servers ip>:3999

I have tested this so im confident it does work :-).

2016-11-16 04:42:07,882 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47390023970184 for <Subprocess at 47390023486712 with name flood-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2016-11-16 04:42:07,882 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47390023968168 for <Subprocess at 47390023486712 with name flood-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>

have you added in the port and the variable?, otherwise it will default to disabled.

have you added in the port and the variable?, otherwise it will default to disabled.

For some reason I had to delete the container and download it again. Flood is loading now.

THANKS!

For some reason I had to delete the container and download it again. Flood is loading now.

THANKS!

hmm odd you def shouldnt have to do that, you would of course need to pull down the latest image but that wont require a manual deletion of your container. In any case, great you have it running, just a quick word of warning, watch out for this bug:- https://github.com/jfurrow/flood/issues/175

So you need to make sure you define the downloads folder otherwise you will find the torrent just sits there at 0KB/s and wont download.

THANKS!

hmm odd you def shouldnt have to do that, you would of course need to pull down the latest image but that wont require a manual deletion of your container. In any case, great you have it running, just a quick word of warning, watch out for this bug:- https://github.com/jfurrow/flood/issues/175

So you need to make sure you define the downloads folder otherwise you will find the torrent just sits there at 0KB/s and wont download.

Had to do the same. Tried just adding the port and variable and restarted a few times. Ended up just removing it and reloading it via the Add Docker on the Docker page.

THANKS!

Had to do the same. Tried just adding the port and variable and restarted a few times. Ended up just removing it and reloading it via the Add Docker on the Docker page.

did you try a "force update" via the unraid docker ui?

Ok, after I did a "Force Update" (that you can access by enabling the "advanced" mode in docker page), it did the trick (needed to add the https:// too.  Certificate is invalid and have to accept, but after that it was good.  Looks very great !

the cert is a self signed cert, if you have purchased a valid cert then drop them in the /config/nginx/certs/ folder and you then wont get the warning. im considering switching this to default to http, you can control whether you want to use ssl or not via the flood config file in /config/flood/config/config.js

Is it possible to block all traffic, in case the vpn goes down?

It always has done and always will do this, i use iptables to block traffic is the vpn goes down, i did some low level monitoring of packets using wireshark and saw no ip leakage so im confident that its secure.

My FLOOD is working well, but not rutorrent, it just don't load.  Is this disable now that I enabled Flood ?

in a word, yes, having rutorrent and flood running is quite heavy on resources as there are LOT of moving parts to rutorrent, thus the decision to disable rutorrent when flood is enabled.

• binhex locked this topic