[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

2 hours ago, binhex said:

odd, are you using a 3rd party theme by any chance?, it could be incompatibility with the latest version of rutorrent (now up to 3.8), try changing your theme to the default.

Tried default (was using oblivion). Same error message. I'm not sure if it's actually causing an issue besides the error popping up when i login.

10 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

Tried default (was using oblivion). Same error message. I'm not sure if it's actually causing an issue besides the error popping up when i login.

you could try resetting the plugins folder, stop the container, delete folder /config/rutorrent/plugins and then start the container again.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

you could try resetting the plugins folder, stop the container, delete folder /config/rutorrent/plugins and then start the container again.

That worked! when in doubt, delete the plugins folder :D

BTW, separate topic. Is there any trick to get the port open? So I have PIA VPN, VPN_INCOMING_PORT is 49160, port range in RTorrent is 49160-49160. I don't have it open in the router. Is that needed? I thought i read since it goes through the VPN tunnel that isn't needed. In the GUI, it has a red exclamation mark and says port 49160 is closed.

Edited by Kewjoe
1 hour ago, Kewjoe said:

BTW, separate topic. Is there any trick to get the port open?

This is all done for you, the only 'trick' is connecting to a PIA endpoint that supports port forwarding, this is the current list:-

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel

for instance netherlands is 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com' so change the VPN _REMOTE value to that.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

This is all done for you, the only 'trick' is connecting to a PIA endpoint that supports port forwarding, this is the current list:-

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel

for instance netherlands is 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com' so change the VPN _REMOTE value to that.

I'm already connected to CA Toronto. Should RUTorrent say the port is open? or does the message saying it's closed not matter?

portclosed.jpg

I'm already connected to CA Toronto. Should RUTorrent say the port is open? or does the message saying it's closed not matter?

portclosed.jpg.a00a415ece217ca092298f94615ad64a.jpg

It should show as open, i.e. a green ball in the web UI, can you try removing the environment var VPN_INCOMING_PORT as I think it probably is overriding the auto assignment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

It should show as open, i.e. a green ball in the web UI, can you try removing the environment var VPN_INCOMING_PORT as I think it probably is overriding the auto assignment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Still closed. Just to check, in the config file i have 49160-49160 as the port. My router doesn't have anything open and I've just removed the VPN_INCOMING_PORT. Here's my full Docker Config:

config1.thumb.jpg.035fc0cd254ea9e52c003dcd6c2789fe.jpgconfig2.thumb.jpg.60e8e0f5594ca02a81f053d571453314.jpg

ok only thing i have spotted so far is the use of strong_certs, which in itself shouldnt cause a problem, your using the wrong port number but that shouldnt matter as i auto correct that. In any case can you please click on the help link in my sig and follow the steps.

2017-06-28 14:29:50,638 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2017/06/28 14:29:50 [error] 734#734: *53 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 197" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.5, server: localhost, request: "POST /plugins/extratio/action.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.7:9082", referrer: "http://192.168.1.7:9082/"

Getting this error after update when trying to add/remove labels. I have 3 instances of this container running but this is a new behavior.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok only thing i have spotted so far is the use of strong_certs, which in itself shouldnt cause a problem, your using the wrong port number but that shouldnt matter as i auto correct that. In any case can you please click on the help link in my sig and follow the steps.

Thanks Binhex! log attached. Could it possibly be the fact i edited rtorrent.rc and specified a port? I noticed that you are randomizing the port at each start. What should the port_range be? or should it just be commented out?

supervisord.log

26 minutes ago, TheRefugee said:

Getting this error after update when trying to add/remove labels. I have 3 instances of this container running but this is a new behavior.

try resetting your plugins:-

1. stop container

2. delete /config/rutorrent/plugins folder

3. restart container

On 6/28/2017 at 8:08 AM, binhex said:

Had the same problem, this was it. It was probably Tracklabels, that's the only one i added i think.  Too bad, it was quite handy.

Edit, no, added it back in to test, works fine. Must've been another.

Edited by Traxxus
8 hours ago, Traxxus said:

Had the same problem, this was it. It was probably Tracklabels, that's the only one i added i think.  Too bad, it was quite handy.

Edit, no, added it back in to test, works fine. Must've been another.

it could of been several plugins, rutorrent went up to ver 3.8.0 and because the plugins are saved to /config you would of been using ver 3.7.0, possible issues because of this mismatch, so deleting them forces the copy of the newer plugins to /config/

16 hours ago, binhex said:

it could of been several plugins, rutorrent went up to ver 3.8.0 and because the plugins are saved to /config you would of been using ver 3.7.0, possible issues because of this mismatch, so deleting them forces the copy of the newer plugins to /config/

Oh, okay. Makes sense.

Other than that, been using it since November, no major issues. It refused to load a couple times, but resolved itself with a reinstall or upgrade.

One oddity, there are 7 torrents, same ones every time (out of ~1000) that will do a recheck every time I restart it. Can't really figure why, there's no differences in those from the rest I can tell. I rarely restart it so not really an issue, just an oddity like I said.

1 hour ago, Traxxus said:

Oh, okay. Makes sense.

Other than that, been using it since November, no major issues. It refused to load a couple times, but resolved itself with a reinstall or upgrade.

One oddity, there are 7 torrents, same ones every time (out of ~1000) that will do a recheck every time I restart it. Can't really figure why, there's no differences in those from the rest I can tell. I rarely restart it so not really an issue, just an oddity like I said.

that is odd, something must be modifying the data, possibly just the timestamp changing or something which then in turn causes a re-check, glad to hear it can manage around 1000 torrents without breaking a sweat :-).

I've bought a new server. I want a smooth transition of my torrents and the container setup. 

Is this a good way to do it:

1. Install OS and necessary packages.

2. Create necessary groups/users

3. Install docker containers using the configs I used before.

4. Copy over ~/rtorrent from old computer to new, adjust permissions if needed.

No. 4 is where I hope that the state of rtorrent will be restored in the new server. 

Is there any better way?

Edited by Ritt
2 minutes ago, Ritt said:

I've bought a new server. I want a smooth transition of my torrents and the container setup. 

Is this a good way to do it:

1. Install OS and necessary packages.

2. Create necessary groups/users

3. Install docker containers using the configs I used before.

4. Copy over ~/rtorrent from old computer to new, adjust permissions if needed.

No. 4 is where I hope that the state of rtorrent will be restored in the new server. 

Is there any better way?

yeah that sounds about right.

is there a better way? - sure its called unRAID :-), in that scenario you simply take your usb key out of your old server, move your drives over to your new server, plug in usb key, job done :-).

Hi,

I am having the same problem as mentioned above with the port 49160 closed? 

I have removed the VPN_INCOMING_PORT from the docker & restarted.

Also I notice that all the settings I change are lost on restarting the docker every time? download location changes from /data/ to /data/incoming/ and DHT gets re-enabled if I disable it etc, is something borked on my install?

Cheers

1 hour ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I am having the same problem as mentioned above with the port 49160 closed? 

I have removed the VPN_INCOMING_PORT from the docker & restarted.

Also I notice that all the settings I change are lost on restarting the docker every time? download location changes from /data/ to /data/incoming/ and DHT gets re-enabled if I disable it etc, is something borked on my install?

Cheers

Are you using VPN provider PIA?, auto port forwarding is only performed for PIA, if your with another provider then you will need to do set this up yourself. If you are with PIA then ensure you are connecting to a endpoint that supports port forwarding, list shown here:-

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel

As for your other comment regards settings not sticking, this is covered in the FAQ:- 

Edited by binhex

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I am on PIA and the server I am connecting to is nl.privateinternetaccess.com I have confirmed this with a torrent checker.

Apologies, I have now read the FAQ on the settings.. that is now resolved.

should this line be in the rtorrent.tc file as 

#dht_port = 45566

Cheers!

Hi all,

I have this up and running in Docker in Ubuntu.  Everything seems fine, the VPN is working, Flood is working if I enable that and rutorrent is working otherwise.   If I have rutorrent enabled on 9080 I can add it as a Download Client in Sonarr and all is fine.

However, I really want to use Flood and I'm not sure how to get Sonarr/Radarr to connect in that case... just hoping someone can help me out?

Thanks!

Edited by Hansel
  • binhex locked this topic