[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

3 hours ago, FalconX said:

@binhex

The latest update has also broken my autodl-irssi, it won't load anything now. In the WebGUI it says:

[02.11.2017 14:01:32] Error downloading files. Make sure autodl-irssi is started and configured properly (eg. password, port number): Error getting files listing: Error: Could not connect: (111) Connection refused

Also as per your instruction please see attached the debug log files for the additional errors I am getting. I've quoted the error in question as well.

Thanks!

2017-11-02 13:58:59,817 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2017/11/02 13:58:59 [error] 133#133: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  socket_connect(): unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/getConf.php on line 127" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/autodl-irssi/getlines.php?cid=&_=1509645428646 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.10:9080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.10:9080/"

supervisord.log

alright, very odd, firstly i didn't change any code in this area, and secondly you;re right it was broken, NO idea how it broke but its now fixed up and working for me, please pull down the latest image and give it a go, let me know how you get on.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

alright, very odd, firstly i didn't change any code in this area, and secondly you;re right it was broken, NO idea how it broke but its now fixed up and working for me, please pull down the latest image and give it a go, let me know how you get on.

I just did it now and I am getting a syntax error. This was a fresh pull about 5 minutes ago.

2017/11/02 18:13:24 [error] 105#105: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/nobody/.autodl/autodl.cfg on line 29

Edit: This error occurred only after loading my autodl.cfg backup file for my filters/trackers.

Edited by FalconX
17 minutes ago, FalconX said:

I just did it now and I am getting a syntax error. This was a fresh pull about 5 minutes ago.

2017/11/02 18:13:24 [error] 105#105: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/nobody/.autodl/autodl.cfg on line 29

Edit: This error occurred only after loading my autodl.cfg backup file for my filters/trackers.

ok glad you put in that edit, as i couldnt replicate the issue, and even more confused that the issue is on line  29, as the file is only 3 lines long :-). ok in that case you have some issues with your configuration file, im no expert on php, but looking at the error you def want to take a look at line 29.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok glad you put in that edit, as i couldnt replicate the issue, and even more confused that the issue is on line  29, as the file is only 3 lines long :-). ok in that case you have some issues with your configuration file, im no expert on php, but looking at the error you def want to take a look at line 29.

Something definitely went awry. I cleared the autodl-issri completely and added the tracker info manually for the one that was having problems. The second I put in the tracker information below through the webgui as per the format I had before (uid=XXXX; pass=XXXXX)

[options]
gui-server-port = 12345
gui-server-password = autodl-irssi

[tracker XXXX]
cookie = uid=XXXXX; pass=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
force-ssl = true

...is when I started getting the errors below. This is the same setup I had before, I just manually inputted the information through the webgui instead of loading a config file.

2017/11/02 18:44:25 [error] 122#122: *740 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/nobody/.autodl/autodl.cfg on line 6

in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/getConf.php on line 54" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/autodl-irssi/getlines.php?cid=400278392&_=1509662415529 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.10:9080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.10:9080/"

It seems there is an extra syntax somewhere and it's throwing off the config file. I'm not sure. I will keep troubleshooting.

Thanks for the help!

edit: if there is a way I can rollback to 0.9.6-3-146 build please advise how to.

edit2: I've managed to rollback to 0.9.6-3-146 and autodl.cfg file is working properly now. I will wait to see if other uses experience similar issues before trying to upgrade again.

Edited by FalconX

After most recent update unable to start. 

2017-11-04 11:06:13,840 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Removing any rtorrent session lock files left over from the previous run...

2017-11-04 11:06:13,842 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start rTorrent...

2017-11-04 11:06:13,844 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script started, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2017-11-04 11:06:13,878 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script done, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2017-11-04 11:06:43,211 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted

2017-11-04 11:06:43,211 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted

2017-11-04 11:07:13,367 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent not running

Also have received

2017-11-04 11:04:03,138 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 52 from curl != 0
[info] 4 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2017-11-04 11:04:13,406 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2017-11-04 11:04:13,406 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 3 retries left

2017-11-04 11:04:23,671 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 2 retries left

2017-11-04 11:04:33,934 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 1 retries left

2017-11-04 11:04:44,195 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx, exausted retries exiting script...

On 02/11/2017 at 11:10 PM, FalconX said:

edit2: I've managed to rollback to 0.9.6-3-146 and autodl.cfg file is working properly now. I will wait to see if other uses experience similar issues before trying to upgrade again.

ok it looks like there is a lot of code changes going in at the mo for the autodl-rutorrent plugin, and as i was pulling from gihub master branch i think you were seeing some breakage caused by the developer so im going to switch to pulling releases only hopefully these will be more robust.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

ok it looks like there is a lot of code changes going in at the mo for the autodl-rutorrent plugin, and as i was pulling from gihub master branch i think you were seeing some breakage caused by the developer so im going to switch to pulling releases only hopefully these will be more robust.

Is it safe to upgrade again or should I wait until your next release?

Thank you.

Is it safe to upgrade again or should I wait until your next release?

Thank you.
Not yet, I will post here when it's working again, I also want to roll in keeping the autodl config file outside of the container do no need to copy paste config

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2017 at 8:52 AM, binhex said:

Not yet, I will post here when it's working again, I also want to roll in keeping the autodl config file outside of the container do no need to copy paste config

@FalconX ok all done, please pull down the latest image, that is now running the latest "release" for autodl rutorrent plugin, so hopefully its more stable code, also note that the config file is now saved outside the container, so if you start it then open /config/autodl/autodl.cfg with your fav text editor and paste in your saved config then you should be good to go from now on, you wont need to do this again.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, binhex said:

please do the following:-

While I was able to resolve this issue last time it was through reinstalling everything and starting fresh. 

However it appears the issue has returned, same message in log as before. Anything you suggest? Seems like it was an issue earlier on in this thread but didn't see the resolution other than it appears an update corrected it. Thanks

Going back through I completed the below step and it appears to have corrected issue and allowed rtorrent to start again

rename /config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc to /config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc.old and reboot the container

Edited by paramehdic
6 hours ago, paramehdic said:

Going back through I completed the below step and it appears to have corrected issue and allowed rtorrent to start again

rename /config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc to /config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc.old and reboot the container

this is not the fix, the rtorrent.rc file has not be altered in a VERY long time, unless you have edited this file and messed it up then this isn't your issue, its probably more likely related to retries and eventual timing out that allows the ui to start.

6 hours ago, paramehdic said:

Seems like it was an issue earlier on in this thread but didn't see the resolution other than it appears an update corrected it

i really need you to do this, as requested when you had the previous issue:- 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:36 AM, binhex said:

@FalconX ok all done, please pull down the latest image, that is now running the latest "release" for autodl rutorrent plugin, so hopefully its more stable code, also note that the config file is now saved outside the container, so if you start it then open /config/autodl/autodl.cfg with your fav text editor and paste in your saved config then you should be good to go from now on, you wont need to do this again.

Having the autodl config externally is great.

Works perfect now thanks!

• Like 1

It seems in the last few months Ratios have semi broken.

In Ratio groups I have defined all 8 and set a default group of 3.

I have 2 Ration Rules set;

If "One of torrent's trackers is private" Then Set Ration Group X and set throttle to X.

If "All torrent's trackers are public" Then Set Ration Group Y and set throttle to Y.

This was working all fine at one point, but now it seems that any public torrent doesn't get ANY ratio or throttle set, not even the default ratio is being used.

Is anyone else seeing this? It could be related to magnetic links, as they in history they show as added then deleted, but the new one doesn't always show.

Private Trackers are working fine.

Edit: I should also note that they don't show anything under the "Added" Date\time field.

Edited by Wob76
7 hours ago, Wob76 said:

It seems in the last few months Ratios have semi broken.

In Ratio groups I have defined all 8 and set a default group of 3.

I have 2 Ration Rules set;

If "One of torrent's trackers is private" Then Set Ration Group X and set throttle to X.

If "All torrent's trackers are public" Then Set Ration Group Y and set throttle to Y.

This was working all fine at one point, but now it seems that any public torrent doesn't get ANY ratio or throttle set, not even the default ratio is being used.

Is anyone else seeing this? It could be related to magnetic links, as they in history they show as added then deleted, but the new one doesn't always show.

Private Trackers are working fine.

Edit: I should also note that they don't show anything under the "Added" Date\time field.

as your issue is to do with rutorrent itself and not the running of the app as a docker container, your best bet is to post your problem on the rutorrent github repo:-

https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/issues

I haven't read this whole thread, so I'll start by apologising if this has already been asked

I'm going to be setting up an UnRaid server very soon and will be installing ruTorrent on it.   I am currently using a Synology and am using the linuxserver version, but I don't like that it doesn't have a password for the webui and it also doesn't include autodlirssi

I like this version, but I don't plan on using a VPN.  Will this work ok without using a VPN?   Will I notice any complications compared to the linuxserver version if I don't use a VPN.   

I'd like to decide which version to use 

I haven't read this whole thread, so I'll start by apologising if this has already been asked

I'm going to be setting up an UnRaid server very soon and will be installing ruTorrent on it.   I am currently using a Synology and am using the linuxserver version, but I don't like that it doesn't have a password for the webui and it also doesn't include autodlirssi

I like this version, but I don't plan on using a VPN.  Will this work ok without using a VPN?   Will I notice any complications compared to the linuxserver version if I don't use a VPN.   

I'd like to decide which version to use 
It works fine without a VPN tunnel running

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed there was an update to this container tonight and so I was going to run it quick before going to bed (famous last words...) and now after applying the update it is not starting correctly. The container runs but nothing comes up. I can connect to the web UI but it says it can't connect to rtorrent itself. Connecting to the container via docker exec -it and switch to nobody user, there is no tmux session running like normal. I don't believe openvpn is connecting either so might be why rtorrent isn't even trying to start yet.

root@yggdrasil:/mnt/user/appdata/rtorrentvpn-binhex/rtorrent/config# docker exec -it rtorrentvpn-binhex /bin/bash
[root@97ce8ed60181 /]# su nobody
[nobody@97ce8ed60181 /]$ tmux ls
no server running on /tmp/tmux-99/default
[nobody@97ce8ed60181 /]$ 

Looking at the docker log, this just continually is cycling in there (changed IP obviously):

2017-12-18 23:26:21,475 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:26:21 2017 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2017-12-18 23:26:21,476 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:26:21 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]1.2.3.4:443
Mon Dec 18 23:26:21 2017 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
Mon Dec 18 23:26:21 2017 UDP link local: (not bound)
Mon Dec 18 23:26:21 2017 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]1.2.3.4:443

2017-12-18 23:27:21,337 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2017-12-18 23:27:21,338 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2017-12-18 23:27:21,339 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 OpenVPN 2.4.4 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 26 2017
Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017, LZO 2.10

2017-12-18 23:27:21,340 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Dec 18 23:27:21 2017 Restart pause, 5 second(s)

I usually update my containers over the weekend. I know I checked on all of mine and ran the updates. Can't be sure if there was a rtorrentvpn update or not, but I would have at least checked. So that makes me think this update would have came out within the past day or two. Was working fine just minutes before applying the update.

• binhex locked this topic