[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

48 minutes ago, Tatux said:

Hi All, 

So i'm getting somewhere now, I am able to connect the openvpn!!  but having issue with everything else lol

here's my log;

openvpn.txt

looks like a permissions issue:-

21T13:55:04.480947328Z /home/nobody/getvpnextip.sh: line 9: /home/nobody/vpn_external_ip.txt: Permission denied

and this is your issue:-

21T13:53:58.034509421Z 2018-03-21 13:53:58.034135 [info] UMASK defined as '0755'

a umask of 755 is VERY restrictive, chmod 755 and umask 755 are NOT the same, unless you know what you are doing leave the umask value at default of '000'

looking for a bit of help getting this to communicate nicely with sonar and CP if I could. At present to start with CP... it will test just fine but wont add torrents after snatching them. With sonarr i just cant get it to communicate at all. If you can help at all that would be great. I can manually add torrents and they work just fine.

chrome_2018-03-23_12-32-00.png

chrome_2018-03-23_12-33-33.png 

EDIT

Sonarr was tried with and without username and PW. just took the pic like that.

Edited by tazire
44 minutes ago, tazire said:

looking for a bit of help getting this to communicate nicely with sonar and CP if I could. At present to start with CP... it will test just fine but wont add torrents after snatching them. With sonarr i just cant get it to communicate at all. If you can help at all that would be great. I can manually add torrents and they work just fine.

chrome_2018-03-23_12-32-00.png

chrome_2018-03-23_12-33-33.png 

EDIT

Sonarr was tried with and without username and PW. just took the pic like that.

this is what sonarr to rtorrentvpn should look like:-

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/sonarr-rtorrent.png

the port i have specified in the screenshot is my own port (1710) so its whatever you have mapped for the web interface, NOT for port 5000

Edited by binhex

ok perfect.... that worked with sonarr. 

Thanks the same settings appear to have worked on CP too. Thanks for that

EDIT...

Still the same problem on CP. Test successful but  still wont add snatched downloads. Any ideas?

chrome_2018-03-23_14-50-12.png

Edited by tazire
On 3/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, tazire said:

EDIT...

Still the same problem on CP. Test successful but  still wont add snatched downloads. Any ideas?

If I had to guess, I would say its a permissions issue on the rtorrent side... check the logs, most likely its unable to save the torrent to the rtorrent/session directory or something.

I managed to fix this. It took a full rebuild of each container to get there but I did.... having other issues now though.... first of all the automover seems a bit selective and then sonarr and couchpotato just arent dealing with the files properly once downloaded.... I have had to manually import most downloaded files in sonarr. 

Strangely the first 4 torrents downloaded and were handled perfectly but since then its just been a bit of a mess....

EDIT

Also does anyone use the unpacker for unpacking the compressed torrents? I just activated it but it doesnt seem to be doing anything

Edited by tazire

Is anyone having issues with PIA today?

Suddenly this docker will not work and I cannot access the PIA website (from another pc) which throws the error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

The docker log seems to show this error over and over again:

2018-04-03 11:03:00,913 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=3663b5f1cc355a121364e709954f045c7b1bc67d6aabf721ee1eb382e30aa751...

2018-04-03 11:03:00,946 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2018-04-03 11:03:00,980 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 212.92.117.185

2018-04-03 11:03:10,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:21,013 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:31,040 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:41,072 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 8 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:51,099 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 7 retries left

7 minutes ago, dvd.collector said:

Is anyone having issues with PIA today?

Suddenly this docker will not work and I cannot access the PIA website (from another pc) which throws the error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

The docker log seems to show this error over and over again:

2018-04-03 11:03:00,913 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=3663b5f1cc355a121364e709954f045c7b1bc67d6aabf721ee1eb382e30aa751...

2018-04-03 11:03:00,946 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 12 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:00,980 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 212.92.117.185

2018-04-03 11:03:10,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:21,013 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:31,040 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:41,072 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 8 retries left

2018-04-03 11:03:51,099 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 7 retries left

Ah how did I miss that...!  Thanks, changed to France and its working now.

I think I was confused as I had a different issue related to PIA as well.  I could not access their website due to the SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.   After googling it seems this is related to my ISP's WEBSAFE filter, which seems to have started causing issues with PIA from yesterday.

After disabling the WEBSAFE filter on my ISP account settings I can now access the PIA website again.

Seems too co-incidental that both issues happen at once, but maybe i'm just unlucky!

Does anyone have issues with rtorrent stopping torrents after some time with Sonarr/Radarr hardlinking. It looks to me like rtorrent may be losing access to the files inside the incomplete folder after the hardlink is completed. Not sure if that is exactly what is happening though. Is there a log somewhere I can review to verify this behavior?

Does anybody have a strange issue with rTorrent, when a connection drops for some reason, lets, for example, say when modem or router reboots, I log back into the rTorrent console and I see my torrents are gone, but the downloaded files are still on the disk. Its happening all the time, why? And is there a way to restore my torrent files to seed again assuming I have the actual downloads in a designated folder? 

Edit:

Solved!! Found the problem!! Its the session directive in rtorrent.rc, please refer to the wiki for more info.. 

Edited by pervin_1

Can someone help me to change the default password and login for rtorrent webui, apparently, rtorrent does not have a built in support for account password and management, it's related to nginx web server configuration file, not an expert yet with web servers. Thanks in advance!! 

5 hours ago, Cairxoxo said:

Having trouble connecting Sonarr/Radarr to the Flood UI using this docker... any help would be appreciated. Tried a heap of different stuff and it just won't pass the Testing phase at all.

i think you would need both rutorrent and flood running if you want to achieve this, this is because rutorrent includes the RPC2 plugin which sonarr/radarr etc use to connect to, so try settings ENABLE_FLOOD to "both" then use the settings shown in the screenshot below:-

On 4/12/2018 at 9:01 PM, binhex said:

i think you would need both rutorrent and flood running if you want to achieve this, this is because rutorrent includes the RPC2 plugin which sonarr/radarr etc use to connect to, so try settings ENABLE_FLOOD to "both" then use the settings shown in the screenshot below:-

Yep, this did the trick with radarr. Was able to get it connected and tested successful. Radarr passed a torrent through to it no problem, but now the completed download handling isn't working. Doesn't detect a video file in the downloaded directory, even though it's definitely there.

On 14/04/2018 at 4:13 AM, Cairxoxo said:

Yep, this did the trick with radarr. Was able to get it connected and tested successful. Radarr passed a torrent through to it no problem, but now the completed download handling isn't working. Doesn't detect a video file in the downloaded directory, even though it's definitely there.

i would guess you have a mismatched folder for your downloads between radarr and rtorrentvpn, can you send me a screenshot of the unraid web ui with advanced view switched on for both radarr and rtorrentvpn i want to see the volume mappings.

When adding a torrent to rtorrent via sonarr or radarr should that download be following the autotools setup in the rtorrent UI? For some reason, my sonarr and radarr downloads do not go into the appropriately labeled folders they go into the top level "Download" Folder. It's fine if I manually add a torrent file to the watched folder, but not if an item is added via sonarr or radarr.

I can set the download directory in the sonarr and radarr setup just didn't know if it is expected for those to not follow autotools.

When VPN is disabled all is fine.

When VPN is enabled the rutorrent gui works, but it consistently happens that new torrents that finish downloading after finishing think that the data is in another folder and thus the file check fails. Restarting the docker container fixes the problem, i.e. the torrent is automatically checked.

I don't want to restart the docker container every time I download a torrent :P

Note that I have taken everything from the FAQ into account and that the PIA vpn is connecting and port forwarding is fine (germany end point)

supervisord.log

Edited by JohanSF
On 4/16/2018 at 4:02 AM, binhex said:

i would guess you have a mismatched folder for your downloads between radarr and rtorrentvpn, can you send me a screenshot of the unraid web ui with advanced view switched on for both radarr and rtorrentvpn i want to see the volume mappings.

Hey binhex, can you explain how to use this docker image in multiple containers, meaning, if I can use this docker image with multiple running rtorrent clients? 

I tried to do it myself, started by creating brand new with completely different ports to avoid port conflicts, but for some reason, it does not work, I can see the folder created for the new container, but nothing inside. Can you explain the proper way of doing all this, please. Thank you!!!

• binhex locked this topic