[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

48 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

I hope that is all you need to see @binhex ?

ok so that looks fine, im assuming looking at your pastebin then that your unraid server has a static ip of:-

[00:48] IP Address: 192.168.1.41

correct?, its not getting a dhcp lease?, reason i ask is that ip address is a little odd, most people allocate their servers a memorable ip address, such as .10 or .100 but i guess you might of given it ip .41

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so that looks fine, im assuming looking at your pastebin then that your unraid server has a static ip of:-

[00:48] IP Address: 192.168.1.41

correct?, its not getting a dhcp lease?, reason i ask is that ip address is a little odd, most people allocate their servers a memorable ip address, such as .10 or .100 but i guess you might of given it ip .41

192.168.1.41 is correct. It was the IP originally given by DHCP so I just set it to that for its static IP.

7 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

192.168.1.41 is correct. It was the IP originally given by DHCP so I just set it to that for its static IP.

so you then changed the DHCP range right or created an exception in DHCP otherwise you will get an ip conflict?, that aside can you ping 192.168.1.41 from the machine you are running the proxy test on?.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

so you then changed the DHCP range right or created an exception in DHCP otherwise you will get an ip conflict?, that aside can you ping 192.168.1.41 from the machine you are running the proxy test on?.

The static IP is setup on my DDWRT router so no conflict will occur. Yes i can ping 192.168.1.41 from the machine i did the test on

3 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

The static IP is setup on my DDWRT router so no conflict will occur. Yes i can ping 192.168.1.41 from the machine i did the test on

ok so you dont have any VLAN's setup?, no pfsense hosts/dockers running?, no firewalls running on the machine you are running the test from? (windows firewall?).

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so you dont have any VLAN's setup?, no pfsense hosts/dockers running?, no firewalls running on the machine you are running the test from? (windows firewall?).

No VLAN's. No pfsense. I am running windows firewall, however, I can't see any rules that would block port 8118 or my testing application. However, to double check I have just disabled the firewall and my AV and ran the test again. It failed.

@binhex

ok just ran nmap on another machine:

Starting Nmap 7.40 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-04-25 15:29 BST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.41
Host is up (0.00056s latency).
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
8118/tcp closed privoxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.41 seconds

And if i run the same command on my unRAID server:

Starting Nmap 7.12 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-04-25 15:25 BST
Nmap scan report for Derek (192.168.1.41)
Host is up.
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
8118/tcp filtered privoxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.06 seconds

So it looks like something on my unRAID server is closing the port?

3 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

@binhex

ok just ran nmap on another machine:

Starting Nmap 7.40 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-04-25 15:29 BST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.41
Host is up (0.00056s latency).
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
8118/tcp closed privoxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.41 seconds

And if i run the same command on my unRAID server:

Starting Nmap 7.12 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-04-25 15:25 BST
Nmap scan report for Derek (192.168.1.41)
Host is up.
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
8118/tcp filtered privoxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.06 seconds

So it looks like something on my unRAID server is closing the port?

so i thought, right lets just double check this, so went to my vm, plumbed in my ip address and port etc for privoxy and boom doesn't work!. docker exec into the container and privoxy is running fine, so i deleted my /config/privoxy folder restarted the container and its back up and running.

so im guessing there is a breaking change in config files for privoxy, if you have had it running for a while then you could indeed be in the situation i was in where the config files are old and thus not compatible with the later version of privoxy (updated as part of the refreshed base), give it a whirl.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

so i thought, right lets just double check this, so went to my vm, plumbed in my ip address and port etc for privoxy and boom doesn't work!. docker exec into the container and privoxy is running fine, so i deleted my /config/privoxy folder restarted the container and its back up and running.

so im guessing there is a breaking change in config files for privoxy, if you have had it running for a while then you could indeed be in the situation i was in where the config files are old and thus not compatible with the later version of privoxy (updated as part of the refreshed base), give it a whirl.

Yup that's fixed things for me!

Thanks for the help :-)

On 13.1.2018 at 2:12 PM, KriZ82 said:

I got it working now. I was using the username and password and it wasn't working. Without it works fine.

Speeds are very good but I do get a Tracker: [Unable to connect to UDP tracker.] error.  

I still can't make Sickrage talk to rTorrent, sorry.

My torrent host/port line is scgi://10.0.0.47:5000/ (I use 10.0.0.0/24).

I do not quite understand " I was using the username and password and it wasn't working. Without it works fine." Which username and PW?

On 28/04/2018 at 4:17 PM, whauk said:

I still can't make Sickrage talk to rTorrent, sorry.

My torrent host/port line is scgi://10.0.0.47:5000/ (I use 10.0.0.0/24).

I do not quite understand " I was using the username and password and it wasn't working. Without it works fine." Which username and PW?

your config should look like this:-

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/sickrage-rtorrent.png

59 minutes ago, whauk said:

It does.

Cutout.JPG

ok, and rtorrent is up and running?, as in rutorrent can communicate with rtorrent?. another question, how have you defined the port mappings?, im assuming container port 5000 is mapped to host port 5000 right?.

Hi all,

I'm having issues getting to the webui (the docker is starting fine)

I attached my log file to this message

I'm a novice user so don't be afraid to ask basic questions, I will not be offensed

Should I use my usual user and password from PIA or the one listed as "PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password"?

Info on my network:

Routeur: 192.168.2.1

Submask: 255.255.255.0

unraid: 192.168.2.166

mac firewall turned off

should I play with proxy? not sure how...

I get this message on chrome when I want to launch the webui : ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

thank a lot to everybody!

rtorrent log.rtf

I can't the Docker image to work, it keeps having fatal errors on startup. I am running it on OpenMediaVault which is Debian based so I'm not sure the image is compatible in the first place. The one error that seems to stand out is "ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)" but have no idea why the operation fails.

Here is my supervisord.log file.

https://pastebin.com/FeQfSw55

8 hours ago, guill_019 said:

Hi all,

I'm having issues getting to the webui (the docker is starting fine)

I attached my log file to this message

I'm a novice user so don't be afraid to ask basic questions, I will not be offensed

Should I use my usual user and password from PIA or the one listed as "PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password"?

Info on my network:

Routeur: 192.168.2.1

Submask: 255.255.255.0

unraid: 192.168.2.166

mac firewall turned off

should I play with proxy? not sure how...

I get this message on chrome when I want to launch the webui : ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

thank a lot to everybody!

rtorrent log.rtf

you are missing the two cert files, as shown in your log:-

Options error: --ca fails with 'ca.rsa.2048.crt': No such file or directory (errno=2)
Options error: --crl-verify fails with 'crl.rsa.2048.pem': No such file or directory (errno=2)

they are included in the zip you download from PIA, so you need the two certs and a single ovpn file in the /config/openvpn/ folder

On 4/30/2018 at 11:39 AM, binhex said:

ok, and rtorrent is up and running?, as in rutorrent can communicate with rtorrent?. another question, how have you defined the port mappings?, im assuming container port 5000 is mapped to host port 5000 right?.

rtorrent and rutorrent are running without a problem and I did not touch port 5000 at all - so to my understanding it should be handed straight through.

Edit: Shit, I just saved the Sickrage configuration file again - and now it works. Stranger things....

Thanks for the help!

One other question: If I wanted to access rtorrent remotely, via a DynDNS, I assume the Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK will keep me from doing so unless it is set to a value that accepts all incoming IP addresses (I deleted the standard user, created my own and avoid using standard ports, so I figure I am reasonably safe).

If that assumption is correct: What value would I have to use?

Edited by whauk
  • Like 1

if you want to access rutorrent web ui (cannot access rtorrent externally) then you simply port forward the port defined for rutorrent web ui on your router, the only gotcha is that you need to have iptable_mangle module loaded, have a look at /config/supervisord.log to confirm this.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

if you want to access rutorrent web ui (cannot access rtorrent externally) then you simply port forward the port defined for rutorrent web ui on your router, the only gotcha is that you need to have iptable_mangle module loaded, have a look at /config/supervisord.log to confirm this.

Thanks, tried the port forwarding already, but no luck.

supervisord.log says "2018-05-01 15:15:50,871 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables" - but I guess that's not it?

1 minute ago, whauk said:

Thanks, tried the port forwarding already, but no luck.

supervisord.log says "2018-05-01 15:15:50,871 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: [info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables" - but I guess that's not it?

that is it, and it looks like its loaded so thats good, so your port forward on your router is to your unraid server's ip address, and the port is to rutorrent web ui port right?

Correct - it's NAT, so the external IP address is the same for all machines, but the port is forwarded ok....

Oha: If I change the protocol from UDP to TCP it works. Now I will just have to exchange the VPN server UDP file for a TCP one, restart and I should be all set.

Again thanks a lot!

Edit: Yup, works like a charm!?

Edited by whauk
14 minutes ago, whauk said:

Now I will just have to exchange the VPN server UDP file for a TCP one

you dont need to do this, the vpn tunnel is independent of the web ui, leave the vpn tunnel using udp and connect to the web ui using tcp.

• binhex locked this topic