[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

On 5/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, tola5 said:

My rtorrentvpn show port are close and use the  Netherlands

OK got the bottom of it, basically PIA fucked up, the copied an old article over the top of the updated article, in short the Netherlands is still NOT port forward enabled as of right now, bugger!.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, binhex said:

OK got the bottom of it, basically PIA fucked up, the copied an old article over the top of the updated article, in short the Netherlands is still NOT port forward enabled as of right now, bugger!.

thx make seanse 

Hello,

I have a question regarding the ratio groups.

Now that I set up sonarr and radarr, I had to set up some ratio rules. And everything works great.

My problem is that the ratio groups are set to default after the docker gets restarted (within rutorrent). I checked the config file if I can change it there so my ratiogroups survive a restart. 

What am I doing wrong? Or where can I make my ratio settings permanent?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. thanks binhex for your great dockers

I updated the docker today and now I can't access the webUI. I looked through the log and it looks like it's just running in a loop. Since I'm very new to this I was hoping someone could look at the log and maybe give me an idea what's wrong.

supervisord.log

Edit: I just downgraded to 0.9.6-4-01 and that build is working fine.

Edited by overkongen
update on problem
22 minutes ago, overkongen said:

I updated the docker today and now I can't access the webUI. I looked through the log and it looks like it's just running in a loop. Since I'm very new to this I was hoping someone could look at the log and maybe give me an idea what's wrong.

supervisord.log

Edit: I just downgraded to 0.9.6-4-01 and that build is working fine.

Hi, same thing happened to me, got stuck in a loop after I updated. Please can you share the steps you followed to perform a downgrade? Thanks. 

PS - Thanks binhex for providing these solutions, much appreciated :)

Edited by manfat
Adding thanks
15 minutes ago, overkongen said:

edit the docker and in repository write "binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:0.9.6-4-01"

Perfect will give that a whirl, thanks for the almost immediate reply :)

[EDIT] - Super easy solution - worked perfectly thank you kindly, very much appreciated!

Edited by manfat
thanks
1 hour ago, manfat said:

Perfect will give that a whirl, thanks for the almost immediate reply :)

[EDIT] - Super easy solution - worked perfectly thank you kindly, very much appreciated!

its already fixed guys :-), go back to latest.

edit FYI - the issue was due to a bump in the rtorrent version, this makes some of the older style options in the rtorrent.rc invalid, and thus for now they have been removed. i would encourage all users to consider moving to the newer style rtorrent.rc file otherwise there maybe breakage in the future, instructions below:-

1. rename file /config/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc to rtorrent.rc.old

2. restart container

3. copy values for anything non default (do not copy keys such as 'use_udp_trackers') in rtorrent.rc.old to the newly geneated rtorrent.rc file

4. restart container and ensure it starts correctly

5. once happy delete file /config/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc.old

IMPORTANT - Please ensure the editor you use sets the line endings to LF and NOT CRLF for the rtorrent.rc file.

Edited by binhex
20 hours ago, binhex said:

edit FYI - the issue was due to a bump in the rtorrent version, this makes some of the older style options in the rtorrent.rc invalid, and thus for now they have been removed. i would encourage all users to consider moving to the newer style rtorrent.rc file otherwise there maybe breakage in the future, instructions below:-

2. restart container

3. copy values for anything non default (do not copy keys such as 'use_udp_trackers') in rtorrent.rc.old to the newly geneated rtorrent.rc file

IMPORTANT - Please ensure the editor you use sets the line endings to LF and NOT CRLF for the rtorrent.rc file.

Hmm, I've updated the container to the latest and still can't get to rutorrent, just seems to be looping trying to start.  Privoxy works fine.

Edited by dvd.collector
2 minutes ago, dvd.collector said:

Hmm, I've updated the container to the latest and still can't get to rutorrent, just seems to be looping trying to start.  Privoxy works fine.

can you post the file /config/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc here

ahh i see the issue, line 104 in that file should be removed, as that is not a valid option any more, save and restart container.

edit - or better yet do the procedure listed above to get you using the newer rtorrent.rc

Edited by binhex
22 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Which VPN providers support it?

Mullvad and Azire are the only VPNs i know. Also PIA supports it.

In some strict countries they already blocking VPN's so Wireguard is the current solution. Also it is more secure than OpenVPN.

Edited by misha
hello thanks for the awesome work binhex.
i wondered if its possible to configure this using wireguard rather than openvpn?
This would be a lot of effort, so I'm afraid I won't be doing this. Feel free to fork my code and have a go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ive been getting some sporadic garbage performance with both flood and rutorrent. Roughly half the time, they will hang on doing anything, which is due to being unable to communicate with rtorrent. This is both during startup, and during any other time. 

Symptoms include:

Not being able to load either ui. rutorrent says "The request to rTorrent has timed out." and flood just hangs on its loading page 5256Mf3.png

(Flood Specific)

Speeds on both ul/dl drop to < 100kbps

Speeds and other stats stop updating

It hangs when changing settings or adding a torrent, it just stays on the prompt with the wheel spinning. It may eventually go back to the main screen, but usually the torrent has been added.

I am unable to tell if this is just during periods of heavy use or just random, because it happens so often.

I have ~140 torrents loaded, none of them outrageously large. 

I have a very beefy server that is using maybe 5% of cpu/ram, so its not resource constrained.

My cache has 2ssds that have loads of free space, and no issues with those drives or my actual hdd pool.

There are no reverseproxy/nginx things going on, this purely default. 

I wanted to see what could happen if rtorrent used a local socket instead of a scgi port, but the socket seems to not work properly.

I told rtorrent the socket was both in /home/nobody/rtorrent/rtorrent.sock, and ~/rtorrent/rtorrent.sock, same with flood. If I killed the rtorrent that spawns when starting the docker, it started up fine.

I also altered the flood.sh/rutorrent.sh to skip scanning for the open 5000 port to make sure they actually launched, but both hanged and I couldnt tell why. I didnt test killing them and starting them myself, since theres a bit of work your scripts do, and didnt want to just blindly start them, since I might have missed something the startup scripts do (such as copying configs and sessiondata, etc.)

Edit: The vpn is disabled and never has been enabled. 

Let me know if you need any more information. 

Thanks!

Edited by wisemanofhyrule
Update config info
On 6/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, binhex said:

2. restart container

I've followed the above instructions and things are working OK with only one issue.  Can I no longer use the move completed downloads option in rtorrent.rc?  I had disabled it in settings in the UI, but completed downloads are no longer moved to a different directory.  I have tried adding these lines to rtorrent.rc, as it worked with the earlier versions:

execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /data/2-downloaded}
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,/data/2-downloaded/;d.set_directory=/data/2-downloaded/"

So, I dug around a bit and found the following in the Wiki for common tasks for rTorrent:

execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /data/2-downloaded}
method.insert = d.get_finished_dir,simple,"cat=~/2-downloaded/,$d.get_custom1="
method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"execute=mkdir,-p,$d.get_finished_dir=;execute=cp,-R,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_finished_dir="

This also doesn't seem to work, , but I am not sure I added the the completed downloads folder (/data/2-downloaded/) properly.

Can anyone shed light on how I am best to move completed downloads?

Edited by ATEglauer
6 hours ago, ATEglauer said:

I had disabled it in settings in the UI, but completed downloads are no longer moved to a different directory.

why not get rutorrent to do the moving, it works seamlessly (as in rutorrent/settings/autotools), i have been using this for some time and havent had an issue with it either on the previous version of rtorrent or the current version.

note if you do enable it in the web ui ensure you disable it in the rtorrent.rc to prevent any potential conflict.

hi

do  not  know  if  any  one  can  helps  us  was working  fine  to  the last  update it  need

put  does not matter  what  folder I  choose  on   the  install  for it to download  to    the  rtorret..rc  will only  download  to  /data/incomplete  never had to  change  the  rc  one  before if  I  manual  change  that   nothing  will download  just pauses   use  to work perfect with pia  france

thanks

backupking

rtorrent.rc

11 hours ago, backupking said:

put  does not matter  what  folder I  choose  on   the  install  for it to download  to    the  rtorret..rc  will only  download  to  /data/incomplete 

why not get rutorrent to do the moving, it works seamlessly (as in rutorrent/settings/autotools), i have been using this for some time and havent had an issue with it either on the previous version of rtorrent or the current version.

note if you do enable it in the web ui ensure you disable it in the rtorrent.rc to prevent any potential conflict.

• binhex locked this topic