[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

Hi binhex, I'm running this in a container in a QNAP NAS, trying to create a new user for the rutorrent webui with "docker exec -it arch-rtorrentvpn-1 /home/nobody/createuser.sh XXXXX. I get "-sh: line 7: docker: command not found".

I'm a noob. How should I proceed? Thank you.

Hey Binhex, had everything working this morning, and as time goes on i notice the following in the logs when ever I try to connect to the webgui : 

2018/12/15 18:09:49 [error] 848#848: *344 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.128.90:9080"

I am getting a timeout on rutorrent and it finally loads up with the following errpr : 

[15.12.2018 18:13:53] The request to rTorrent has timed out.

Is there something im doing wrong?

How is cpu usage? You will get timeouts with high cpu usage.

Hey Binhex, had everything working this morning, and as time goes on i notice the following in the logs when ever I try to connect to the webgui : 

2018/12/15 18:09:49 [error] 848#848: *344 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.128.90:9080"

I am getting a timeout on rutorrent and it finally loads up with the following errpr : 

[15.12.2018 18:13:53] The request to rTorrent has timed out.

Is there something im doing wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scubieman said:

Also I'll trade you my r710

Hah! I am quite happy with the r510, but thank you for the offer! 

The CPU spike is I'm currently rsycing servers into mine. Its about 8TB of data total incoming right now.

As far as that CPU, it just started working right now, but the CPU is low : 

cpu_docker.PNG

I'm out of ideas.
Sidenote I'll pm my address to ship r510 lol

Hah! I am quite happy with the r510, but thank you for the offer! 
The CPU spike is I'm currently rsycing servers into mine. Its about 8TB of data total incoming right now.

As far as that CPU, it just started working right now, but the CPU is low : 

cpu_docker.thumb.PNG.966a800302c82abd6ea6fa3ed76510d7.PNG

Host path 2 I have set to my downloads share.

The media share key should be fine

You may need to set key 13 the timezone.15287db5ad6fea8524534600e55115f7.jpg&key=e90363bbd6bc3c7af012abc93d36ce8f38ae12b38a7638178e2dad3e3379d5aa

Also I don't see the movies key. Which should not be a problem. You may need to update key 13 the timezone

Edited by scubieman
Just now, denellum said:

i made a change, i will report back when i get home if its still working, thank you for the help! ~3 hours

not sure which change you made. however the movies key should be fine.

Also not saying the timezone has anything to do with it. Its just something different.

Also you seeing this in the unraid log file? i can check mine for issues

Hey Binhex, I've been using quite a few of your containers for a couple of years now without any trouble up until now (thank you for the awesome containers and support!) Recently I decided to set up all of my rTorrent containers to use a VPN.. I know after 2 years it's long overdue but I exclusively use private trackers so it wasn't something I really worried about too much. I just want to note that I did get them up and running, but I start running into a lot of trouble when I don't use the Bridged network type. What I really want to use is use br0: Custom so I can set different IPs for all of the containers, but when I do that for rTorrent I can't access the webUI. I did however notice that the torrents will all start and show up as seeding according to the trackers I'm seeding content on. I can also ping the container from a different computer on my network, just can't connect to the webui or with Sonarr/Radarr.

Setting the network type to bridged allows me to connect to the webUI just fine, however, I still have issues with Sonarr and Radarr not being able to connect if they are on br0, so I have to set those to the bridged adapter as well. Before when I had the VPN option turned off on all of my rTorrent containers everything was working perfectly together on the br0 adapter. 

I have already tried enabling iptable_mangle since you mentioned it for a similar issue in your Q&A, but it didn't seem to help. Do you have any insight as to what is going on here and how I can start using br0 with custom IPs for all of my containers again, or if it is even possible?

When I had this issue the VPN was not set correctly. I believe squid has that in his post somewhere as well. Vaderspaceone also had video on VPN and web UI blank

Hey Binhex, I've been using quite a few of your containers for a couple of years now without any trouble up until now (thank you for the awesome containers and support!) Recently I decided to set up all of my rTorrent containers to use a VPN.. I know after 2 years it's long overdue but I exclusively use private trackers so it wasn't something I really worried about too much. I just want to note that I did get them up and running, but I start running into a lot of trouble when I don't use the Bridged network type. What I really want to use is use br0: Custom so I can set different IPs for all of the containers, but when I do that for rTorrent I can't access the webUI. I did however notice that the torrents will all start and show up as seeding according to the trackers I'm seeding content on. I can also ping the container from a different computer on my network, just can't connect to the webui or with Sonarr/Radarr.

Setting the network type to bridged allows me to connect to the webUI just fine, however, I still have issues with Sonarr and Radarr not being able to connect if they are on br0, so I have to set those to the bridged adapter as well. Before when I had the VPN option turned off on all of my rTorrent containers everything was working perfectly together on the br0 adapter. 

I have already tried enabling iptable_mangle since you mentioned it for a similar issue in your Q&A, but it didn't seem to help. Do you have any insight as to what is going on here and how I can start using br0 with custom IPs for all of my containers again, or if it is even possible?

8 hours ago, Velodo said:

this is your problem, all of the vpn images i have created were before custom networks were available (years ago) and none of the vpn images have been tested with custom networks, unfortunately i dont have the time at the moment to investigate this, and its non trivial due to iptable rule changes which always require extensive testing, so if it doesnt work then you kinda out of luck for now.

Having said that i have made some changes unrelated to this which MAY (or may not) allow this to work, i shall be building this as a new image once i have done further testing.

9 hours ago, scubieman said:

When I had this issue the VPN was not set correctly. I believe squid has that in his post somewhere as well. Vaderspaceone also had video on VPN and web UI blank

As far as I can tell the VPN and torrent client still work great, so I think the VPN settings are all correct.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

this is your problem, all of the vpn images i have created were before custom networks were available (years ago) and none of the vpn images have been tested with custom networks, unfortunately i dont have the time at the moment to investigate this, and its non trivial due to iptable rule changes which always require extensive testing, so if it doesnt work then you kinda out of luck for now.

Having said that i have made some changes unrelated to this which MAY (or may not) allow this to work, i shall be building this as a new image once i have done further testing.

Ah.. I was afraid you were going to say something like that. Since I have everything working great as is now I'll probably leave it alone, but once your changes are ready I'll be happy to test them out to see if it helps with this! 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:05 PM, tomllic said:

Hi binhex, I'm running this in a container in a QNAP NAS, trying to create a new user for the rutorrent webui with "docker exec -it arch-rtorrentvpn-1 /home/nobody/createuser.sh XXXXX. I get "-sh: line 7: docker: command not found".

I'm a noob. How should I proceed? Thank you.

Sorry for the bump, I hope it's allowed, I was hoping someone could help with the issue. Thank you.

• binhex locked this topic