[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

47 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Was looking through this thread but didnt find any answer, so i´ll give it a shot.

Was running delugevpn before and config through the webinterface worked fine, but when im trying to change the config in rtorrentvpn it reverts back in the web config when i cange something, thou it seems like its working, i changed the download folder and it downloads to that folder but in the web ui it reverts to default path.

Am i missing something or doesnt config through web work?

see this link, look for the rtorrentvpn faq heading:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

On 4/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, binhex said:

so i should pick this up shortly once the arch linux guys have picked it up and changed their code.

I'm gonna be that guy and ask:

ELI5 please? Why do arch linux people need to change ruTorrent code?

I wanted to give a follow up of my previous post:

Now have 2000 torrents loaded without any issue (hopefully the switch to rtorrent-ps will go smoothly, still on an older version), no slowdowns in sight. Nevertheless I'd appreciate it if you could increase PHP memory limit to 768M. It's what the "famous" tuner Andy10Gbit is using for his 10Gbps dedis. It shouldn't have any detrimental effect for low spec machines because it is only the max memory setting, thus only used if many torrents are loaded or there is a memory leak bug (which in that case should be fixed anyway). Thanks for all your hard work!

32 minutes ago, Paradido said:

ELI5 please? Why do arch linux people need to change ruTorrent code?

The container authors just make dockers containers of applications written by someone else. This one uses the arch linux version of ruTorrent.

I almost always can find the answer to whatever issue I'm having using google. My issue is never unique; someone else has experienced it and there is a solution. Not this time.

I've installed Docker (long time unRAID user, first time Docker user), then added the app binhex-rtorrentvpn. I can access the page within unRAID webgui to edit the application values, and everything appears (first time Docker user; I can't be sure there isn't an error) to be normal.

I simply cannot figure out how to access the rtorrent webui. I've tried all of the ports listed in the application values and none will load. I've searched this thread for webgui and webui, but no one actually mentions how to set it up for the first time. I've read quite a few README files and found nothing about a webui.

Can someone help me get me started?

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

If a docker application has a webUI you can access it by simply clicking on that docker's icon in the Unraid webUI and selecting WebUI.

Wow. Can't believe I didn't click the icon.

Key 12 is set to 192.168.1.0/24, but my network is 192.168.3.0/24. Should that variable be adjusted?

I just saw on Github that a new release will soon be coming.

Maybe it got lost between all the posts:

Can you change line 118 of install.sh (php memory limit) from 512M to 768M to improve ruTorrent performance with many torrents loaded?

If you don't want to change the value I'd appreciate a short answer so I know not to annoy you anymore ;) 

8 minutes ago, Paradido said:

I just saw on Github that a new release will soon be coming.

Maybe it got lost between all the posts:

Can you change line 118 of install.sh (php memory limit) from 512M to 768M to improve ruTorrent performance with many torrents loaded?

If you don't want to change the value I'd appreciate a short answer so I know not to annoy you anymore ;) 

yes i did forget about it, just pushed the change, new image building with the max mem bumped up to 768M

• Like 1

I can't believe how fast the interface is now. Don't know what benefitted more, the switch to rtorrent-ps, update to ruTorrent 3.9 or the php max memory limit. I started from scratch except copying the rtorrent.rc config file and rtorrent session folder.

With the newest ruTorrent version the annoying scroll bug (keeps uncontrollably scrolling, happened when many torrents in current table) is fixed.

The slightly bothersome warning triangle is now also gone, port is correctly showing as open.

All in all 10/10, as a token of appreciation I send a little donation your way!

Edited by Paradido

So I use the letsencrypt plugin from Linux Server.

For some reason if I access my HTTPS ruTorrent page now it just sits at the Loading Screen with a spinner for like 5 minutes then finally loads.

If I go to the local address:port then it loads fine.

This just started within the last 24 hours, I haven't changed anything.

I tried to remove the docker and re-add it, change settings on Lets Encrypt and even changed the TLS version with Cloud Flair, I'm stumped.

EDIT;

Seen this in the log for the Docker.

2019/04/17 19:08:51 [error] 893#893: *54 open() "/usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "blah blah, my url:443", referrer: "blah blah, my url/plugins/httprpc/action.php"

EDIT2;

Copied the file from the images folder in to that directory and that error went away but the site is still sitting at loading forever.

EDIT3........;

The error is there again.......

Edited by AnnabellaRenee87
Added info from log.
14 hours ago, Paradido said:

I can't believe how fast the interface is now. Don't know what benefitted more, the switch to rtorrent-ps, update to ruTorrent 3.9 or the php max memory limit.

im pretty sure the speed improvement was due to the latest version of rutorrent, i noticed an instant improvement on the bump up to 3.9, even noticed deletion of torrent+data seems to be quicker, which is probably my top dislike of rtorrent/rutorrent (still my preferred though).

as always thank you for the donation!.

Edited by binhex
10 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

For some reason if I access my HTTPS ruTorrent page now it just sits at the Loading Screen with a spinner for like 5 minutes then finally loads.

I tried to remove the docker and re-add it, change settings on Lets Encrypt and even changed the TLS version with Cloud Flair, I'm stumped.

EDIT;

2019/04/17 19:08:51 [error] 893#893: *54 open() "/usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "blah blah, my url:443", referrer: "blah blah, my url/plugins/httprpc/action.php"

EDIT2;

Copied the file from the images folder in to that directory and that error went away but the site is still sitting at loading forever.

EDIT3........;

its possible that the later version of rutorrent just doesnt play nicely with reverse proxy baseuri, i can confirm however it does work correctly for subdomain (im using the ngins reverse proxy manager docker container), not really much i can do to fix up the baseuri issue.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

its possible that the later version of rutorrent just doesnt play nicely with reverse proxy baseuri, i can confirm however it does work correctly for subdomain (im using the ngins reverse proxy manager docker container), not really much i can do to fix up the baseuri issue.

I do SubDomains too, my URL is rutorrent.blah.me (blah replacing my actual domain)

Edited by AnnabellaRenee87
55 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Is there any other logs I can give you to help with this? The main server longs maybe?

not really, im afraid you are going to just have to work through this yourself as its a nginx reverse proxy issue specific to your setup, there is nothing i can change to fix this.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:17 AM, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

EDIT;

EDIT2;

EDIT3........;

I'm having the exact same issue, since yesterday, it was running fine for over a year now without any issues 😐

Edit 1: Do you use Cloudflare? I just turned off orange cloud on my rutorrent subdomain and it's working now, hmm..

Edited by eafx
10 hours ago, eafx said:

I'm having the exact same issue, since yesterday, it was running fine for over a year now without any issues 😐

Edit 1: Do you use Cloudflare? I just turned off orange cloud on my rutorrent subdomain and it's working now, hmm..

That fixed it but I don't feel great leaving it like that, Guess there is an issue with the current version of ruTorrent/rTorrent that doesn't like being proxyed through a DNS resolver like Cloudflair.

31 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

That fixed it but I don't feel great leaving it like that, Guess there is an issue with the current version of ruTorrent/rTorrent that doesn't like being proxyed through a DNS resolver like Cloudflair.

Yea looks like, I've rolled back to 1.1.r38.gd52abd2-1-05, the last working version with Cloudflare.

39 minutes ago, eafx said:

Yea looks like, I've rolled back to 1.1.r38.gd52abd2-1-05, the last working version with Cloudflare.

I've been comparing the files between versions and I just lack the skills to know what I'm fully doing.

I think nginx is the same version or at the very least very similar. (on the rutorrent container).

If I disable the proxying through cloudflare it works.....

If I role back to 1.1.r38.gd52abd2-1-05 it works with the proxying turned back on (after the DNS has had time to refresh)

For now since I don't see any functionality differences I'll just role back.............

• Like 1
  • binhex locked this topic