[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

On 7/30/2019 at 6:26 PM, Ollie said:

After a lot of tinkering, I was able to get it to this point, which makes it seem like it's working ("rTorrent running"). I can't access the webUI, though (192.168.1.17:9080, 9443, 8118). Any insight? Am I way off the mark on something? Through my router I've forwarded those ports. FYI this is on a Synology Diskstation. 

This is a forum for UnRAID so I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help with Synology.  You should try the Synology forums.

Edited by bobbintb

2019/07/30 18:42:26 [emerg] 790#790: open() "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf" failed (13: Permission denied) 2019-07-30 18:42:26,598 DEBG fd 22 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 139790208692176 for <Subprocess at 139790208690944 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)> 2019-07-30 18:42:26,599 DEBG fd 26 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 139790208774328 for <Subprocess at 139790208690944 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)> 2019-07-30 18:42:26,599 INFO exited: rutorrent-script (exit status 1; not expected) 2019-07-30 18:42:26,599 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit 2019-07-30 18:42:27,229 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

Based on these lines, I kind of suspect it can't read /etc/nginx/nginx.conf ... not sure if this is the only problem you have but "[emerg]" doesn't sound great. If I'm right, rTorrent can't connect to ruTorrent which runs on that failed nginx server.

A gut suspicion is likely due settings on your NAS versus your run parameters with : -e UMASK=000 \     -e PUID=1029 \     -e PGID=100 \

You could try as terminal on nas:

cd /volume1/docker/rutorrent/nginx/config

ls -l

to see permissions group id, and owner of the nginx.conf file. It should match your arguments, and if it doesn't you can change its owner like so:

sudo chown 1029:100 nginx.conf

then maybe try expand it's permissions, to something less secure but more flexible 755

sudo chmod 755 nginx.conf

Good luck.

Edited by Rinzler
  • Like 1
On 7/31/2019 at 1:26 AM, Ollie said:

[emerg] 790#790: open() "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf" failed (13: Permission denied)

i have seen this before, a LONG time ago, bit of trawling and i came across the same error by another synology user, the issue is apparmor on synology is a little overly keen and is causing the issue, at the time the only way to fix this is to turn off apparmor on your synology box (dont ask me how to do this), this will 'fix' the issue but obviously isnt ideal.

fyi here is the link to guy getting the problem @hammsandwich 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46127-support-binhex-rtorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=460006

• Like 1
On 2/18/2019 at 1:07 PM, IndianaJoe1216 said:

Hello, just want to start by saying that this is by far the best torrent docker that I have come across and has been a life-saver. I am having an issue that I was hoping to get some support on or see if anyone else is having the same problem.

I use a combination of Autotools, the unpack feature and Ratio Groups to automatically label new torrents, move them to a folder once the download is complete and then remove them after a certain period of time. When a torrent is added by either Sonarr or Radarr it gets a label of either TV or Movie. Pretty standard stuff. The path to that item is /data/Torrents/Download/TV or /data/Torrents/Download/Movie and once completed I have the auto move set to move the torrent to /data/Torrents/Complete/TV or /data/Torrents/Complete/Movie respectively. Once completed if there is anything that needs to be unpacked that is completed at that time as well. The downloaded item then remains on my server in that folder for 2 weeks and is removed regardless of the seed ratio (this is completed via ratio groups.) When I initially set this up it worked just fine. I tested it multiple times and everything went swimmingly. The problem I am having now is the all of my docker containers are automatically shut down every night for the CA Backup Plugin to run and backup all of my configs. For some reason after that plugin runs all of the features mentioned above stop working and won't start again until I go and stop and restart the container, but everything that should have happened between then doesn't. It will remove old downloads after I restart usually, but anything added after the plugin runs won't get assigned a RatioGroup, Nothing gets auto unpacked or moved to the correct folder when complete. I don't see anything in the logs that would cause this and there shouldn't be anything in the rtorrent.rc file that needs to be edited for this either. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Want to bump this again to see if anyone else is seeing this. Binhex's docker is by far the best one out there but for some reason I CANNOT get autotools to work consistently. Anyone have any ideas on places to check?

On 7/23/2019 at 8:48 AM, TRaSH said:

i'm using autodl-irss,
but after a restart of rutorrent or a update i'm getting always the following error.
image.thumb.png.5574d78dab924bc94bd4006489056af5.png

I then need to go to the autodl-irss settings and just click on the settings and then i start to work again.
most of the time.

I am having the same problem. After the container got updated during the night autodl stopped working. Then I have to go to irc-server settings and press ok and it starts to work again.

• Like 1

I suddenly found that there was no activity on the docker (no uploads or downloads). So I tried restarting the docker, and now I can't get to the WebUI. The browser error message is ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I'm on 6.5.3 and am using PIA. I tried force-updating the docker, but same result.

I'm getting these lines in the log, repeating continuously:

2019-08-14 00:20:33,812 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Aug 14 00:20:33 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2019-08-14 00:20:33,813 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Aug 14 00:20:33 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]x.x.x.x:x
Wed Aug 14 00:20:33 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Wed Aug 14 00:20:33 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]x.x.x.x:x

2019-08-14 00:21:33,688 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Aug 14 00:21:33 2019 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2019-08-14 00:21:33,688 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Aug 14 00:21:33 2019 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2019-08-14 00:21:33,689 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Aug 14 00:21:33 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Wed Aug 14 00:21:33 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Wed Aug 14 00:21:33 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

If it's relevant, I recently updated to 6.7.2 but rolled back to 6.5.3.

17 hours ago, Cessquill said:

Sweden by any chance?  I have no idea why, but it might be down.  Can't connect there from a desktop app.

Edit: and now I can

Yes, that was exactly the problem. Docker humming along nicely again. I did try to see whether PIA has some status page for their gateways, but didn't find anything. Next time I should just test via the desktop app.

23 minutes ago, sonofdbn said:

Yes, that was exactly the problem. Docker humming along nicely again. I did try to see whether PIA has some status page for their gateways, but didn't find anything. Next time I should just test via the desktop app.

There's a speedtest on their website for each server, and I just got a spinning wheel when trying to access Sweden.  Couldn't find a server status page, but that *might* be just as useful.

I am sure it is something simple I am missing but updated container, restarted and no matter what, just get the following when trying to access the ui:

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

19 hours ago, crsavage1 said:

I am sure it is something simple I am missing but updated container, restarted and no matter what, just get the following when trying to access the ui:

An error occurred.

Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

follow the procedure in the link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

34 minutes ago, crsavage1 said:

Log file attached...it appears to run fine but I have a feeling I have messed up permissions along the way or my file structure is messed up.  Thanks for any help.

supervisord.txt 43.09 kB · 0 downloads

this is your issue:-

2019-08-15 08:42:09.985802 [info] UMASK defined as '777'

a umask of 777 = no permissions for anybody for any newly created files or folders, set it to 000 or 002 if you want to restrict.

Thanks.  I changed and it continues to throw the following when watching the logs:

2019/08/15 09:42:56 [crit] 2294#2294: *10 open() "/config/nginx/security/auth" failed (13: Permission denied)

I added a username to see if that made any difference.  I changed the umask=000 and re-deployed.  Do I need to delete everything out first?  Sorry for the probable dumb questions.

58 minutes ago, crsavage1 said:

Thanks.  I changed and it continues to throw the following when watching the logs:

2019/08/15 09:42:56 [crit] 2294#2294: *10 open() "/config/nginx/security/auth" failed (13: Permission denied)

I added a username to see if that made any difference.  I changed the umask=000 and re-deployed.  Do I need to delete everything out first?  Sorry for the probable dumb questions.

i got a faq for that, q2:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/rtorrentvpn.md

2019/08/15 11:51:13 [crit] 1093#1093: *1 open() "/config/nginx/security/auth" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 10.1.1.11, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "10.1.1.200:9080

I hadn't tried to hit it when grabbing new logs....

I see the above in the logs, and:

An error occurred.

Please try again later.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

After logging into the ui

27 minutes ago, crsavage1 said:

2019/08/15 11:51:13 [crit] 1093#1093: *1 open() "/config/nginx/security/auth" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 10.1.1.11, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "10.1.1.200:9080

I hadn't tried to hit it when grabbing new logs....

I see the above in the logs, and:

An error occurred.

Please try again later.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

After logging into the ui

ok in that case i can only assume it has created files with umask 777, and thus no permissions on the existing file, you will need to delete the /config/nginx/security/auth on the host side and then restart, this SHOULD then regenerate the file with the correct permissions (now that umask is correct).

alternatively delete everything in /config and restart so it re-creates the whole lot with correct permissions.

4 minutes ago, crsavage1 said:

I appreciate your patience, that did the trick.  I deleted the config files and let them recreate.  Many thanks......

np :-), i will enhance the FAQ i linked to for cases where the wrong umask has previously been set as well as apparmor trip up.

rutorrentvpn not working tried to install this one and getting same error

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.102:9080.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

any help?

Edited by erfly7
23 minutes ago, erfly7 said:

delugevpn not working tried to install this one and getting same error

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.102:9080.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

any help?

What steps have you done so far? What vpn are you using? Have you added the vpn files to the correct folder? What error do you get in the log? 

• binhex locked this topic