[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

2 hours ago, binhex said:

you dont HAVE to do this, it can be in any group, but thats fine if you want to add it to group 'nobody', just to be clear this is an account created on the host right?, and what is the output for the following command (again run on the host NOT the container):-

id <name of account created>

can you also do the following procedure:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Hey, thanks for the reply Binhex! I am loving all of your Products.

If I execute the command "cat /etc/passwd" I get a list of users the user I am attempting to use for this container is "autodl" if I do "id autodl" I get UID=1000(autodl) gid=100(users) theres also groups=100(users).281(docker). I then input the UID/GID into the Environment Variables after stopping the container and deleting perms.txt. I relaunch the container and everything works fine EXCEPT for autodl-irssi. I get the following error "K-Lined: Don't IRC as root!". I'm almost certain this is because the container is being run as root but why? I created the user in the unRAID gui and i've also tried creating users with "useradd" in the CLI as root with no luck. I'm certainly stuck on what to do at this point and would love to get this up and running but I have no clue what to do at this point. I appreciate the help! I will paste logs when I am home and able to. Thanks again!

Hey, thanks for the reply Binhex! I am loving all of your Products.

If I execute the command "cat /etc/passwd" I get a list of users the user I am attempting to use for this container is "autodl" if I do "id autodl" I get UID=1000(autodl) gid=100(users) theres also groups=100(users).281(docker). I then input the UID/GID into the Environment Variables after stopping the container and deleting perms.txt. I relaunch the container and everything works fine EXCEPT for autodl-irssi. I get the following error "K-Lined: Don't IRC as root!". I'm almost certain this is because the container is being run as root but why? I created the user in the unRAID gui and i've also tried creating users with "useradd" in the CLI as root with no luck. I'm certainly stuck on what to do at this point and would love to get this up and running but I have no clue what to do at this point. I appreciate the help! I will paste logs when I am home and able to. Thanks again!
Can your also do the procedure I linked to?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 2/18/2020 at 7:39 PM, drawmonster said:

Well, I thought I had figured out my issue, but I'm getting timeouts and webgui freezes with private tracker torrents now as well. But I did get an error message in container logs now, finally.

2020-02-18 18:37:07,030 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2020/02/18 18:37:07 [error] 687#687: *212 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.18.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.1.227:9080"

Anyone seen this one before?

Yup. I'm getting the same thing currently, except is starts with "*11 upstream timed out.."

1 hour ago, noraa said:

To my untrained eyes The PGID and PUID looks ok. I'll leave the in-depth analysis of the logs to binhex.

I was thinking about your problem though, are you always testing and getting K-Lined on the same server? If so, could you try a different one?

Nowadays most servers are pretty reasonable and use bots that only temporarily ban users logging as root (generally for a few minutes), however, there are exceptions to the rule...

1 hour ago, Cat_Seeder said:

To my untrained eyes The PGID and PUID looks ok. I'll leave the in-depth analysis of the logs to binhex.

I was thinking about your problem though, are you always testing and getting K-Lined on the same server? If so, could you try a different one?

Nowadays most servers are pretty reasonable and use bots that only temporarily ban users logging as root (generally for a few minutes), however, there are exceptions to the rule...

Ha odd thing is it actually does work on the other trackers... I have no clue why it doesn't on the others but they are actually the more important ones that I would be putting autodl-irssi to use. I guess I can start tweaking it though. Thank you!

Edit - Scratch that it connects to the IRC chat and will monitor it for a few minutes on the other tracks but eventually drops out "ERROR Closing Link: user_autodl[141.98.102.227] services.tracker.org (NickServ (GHOST command used by user_au1odl)" with this error. I really don't know what to do to get it working.

Edited by noraa
1 hour ago, noraa said:

Ha odd thing is it actually does work on the other trackers... I have no clue why it doesn't on the others but they are actually the more important ones that I would be putting autodl-irssi to use. I guess I can start tweaking it though. Thank you!

No problem. If I were you I would join your private tracker IRC channel and talk with mods to understand if you haven't been k-lined permanently and, maybe, if you can get unbanned (careful on how you approach mods, some private trackers are terrible).

1 hour ago, noraa said:

Edit - Scratch that it connects to the IRC chat and will monitor it for a few minutes on the other tracks but eventually drops out "ERROR Closing Link: user_autodl[141.98.102.227] services.tracker.org (NickServ (GHOST command used by user_au1odl)" with this error. I really don't know what to do to get it working.

This is definitely on the IRC side of things instead of the container. If you are not familiar with NickServ I would Google for it (long story short, you want to register a unique username for your bot, make sure that only one process is ever using this nick and that autodl-irssi correctly identifies it).

10 minutes ago, Cat_Seeder said:
14 minutes ago, Cat_Seeder said:

No problem. If I were you I would join your private tracker IRC channel and talk with mods to understand if you haven't been k-lined permanently and, maybe, if you can get unbanned (careful on how you approach mods, some private trackers are terrible).

This is definitely on the IRC side of things instead of the container. If you are not familiar with NickServ I would Google for it (long story short, you want to register a unique username for your bot, make sure that only one process is ever using this nick and that autodl-irssi correctly identifies it).

I will definitely do that once I get this up and running for now I am just running it on my lower tier trackers and they don't seem to mind as much thanklfully. I admit I am not at all familiar with the IRC side of this have never used and IRC client before getting into Trackers so my experience lacks. but I did have the following " /msg NickServ REGISTER Password Email" setup in the Invite Command for the irssi plugin.

8 hours ago, Cat_Seeder said:

To my untrained eyes The PGID and PUID looks ok.

looks ok to me too.

8 hours ago, Cat_Seeder said:

most servers are pretty reasonable and use bots that only temporarily ban users logging as root (generally for a few minutes), however, there are exceptions to the rule...

yep i would agree with this, looks like its a semi permanent ban, so you need to speak to a IRC OP for that channel.

looks to me like its running now, just get that ban removed and you should be good, nice work @Cat_Seeder

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, binhex said:

yep i would agree with this, looks like its a semi permanent ban, so you need to speak to a IRC OP for that channel.

looks to me like its running now, just get that ban removed and you should be good, nice work @Cat_Seeder

I haven't really got it to work yet.. I am still getting this "ERROR Closing Link: user_autodl[141.98.102.227] services.tracker.org (NickServ (GHOST command used by user_au1odl)" and on the trackers that I don't get this error I get this one "K-Lined: Don't IRC as root!". I'm glad the PGID/PUID is correct so that can be eliminated but, how do I solve the issue of getting K-Lined? I also can't seem to find anything in the other error. Like @Cat_Seeder said it is probably and IRC issue that can be solved with /NickServ but I have "/msg NickServ REGISTER Password Email" in the irssi settings and that doesn't seem to work either. 

Hey @binhex,

Would it be possible for you to modify the image to include both PHP 7 and PHP56? The errors I'm getting with autodl might have to do with using PHP7 (which I know is probably preinstalled with the Arch image you're using) instead of PHP56. If you include it I might be able to go into the console and switch the versions to see if that corrects the issue.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, noraa said:

I haven't really got it to work yet.. I am still getting this "ERROR Closing Link: user_autodl[141.98.102.227] services.tracker.org (NickServ (GHOST command used by user_au1odl)" and on the trackers that I don't get this error I get this one "K-Lined: Don't IRC as root!". I'm glad the PGID/PUID is correct so that can be eliminated but, how do I solve the issue of getting K-Lined? I also can't seem to find anything in the other error. Like @Cat_Seeder said it is probably and IRC issue that can be solved with /NickServ but I have "/msg NickServ REGISTER Password Email" in the irssi settings and that doesn't seem to work either. 

Hi Nora, unfortunately there ain't much that I can do to help since both problems are in the IRC side of things.

As I've previously recommend, I would get acquainted with IRC (see https://opensource.com/article/16/6/irc-quickstart-guide for a quick start) as well as with the specific rules for each one of your trackers (you can generally find a Rules and FAQ for each private tracker) before even attempting to use autodl-irssi. Once you feel confident - IRC looks complicated but it really isn't - join each one of the tracker's respective IRC channels to figure out what went wrong.

In the server where your bot has been k-lined you will have to join the tracker's IRC channel, respectfully ask to talk to an ops and try to understand for how long your bot has been banned. Depending on the tracker and channel it can take several hours until an ops can answer you - just wait and be polite. If it was banned permanently I would - again very respectfully - try to explain that you are new to autodl-irssi and inadvertently logged in as root, ask him if it's possible to lift the ban against your bot.

Personal anecdote: I once had a VPN misconfiguration spam a tracker by quickly logging in and logging out of it (my torrent client logged in using dozens of different IPs in a few minutes). I don't have to say that I was banned. This what a very prestigious tracker associated with other very prestigious trackers that also banned my account. I was told by a lot of people that admins from this particular tracker were ruthless and that there wasn't much that I could do. By patiently waiting several days and politely explaining my mistake on IRC I managed to get unbanned.

As for your second problem, once logged in to the right IRC server with a real client you can get a better understanding of why your bots are being ghosted. I can only guess, but two possibilities are that you are either: 1) Using the same user id as another user or 2) Mostly likely, you are logging in with two different IRC clients using the same set of credentials at the same time (e.g., you may be using the same user id and IRC key on two different channels from the same server, or maybe you are starting two different containers, both running autodl-irssi with the same credentials against the same server).

I hope that this helps.

Edited by Cat_Seeder
5 hours ago, td00 said:

Hey @binhex,

Would it be possible for you to modify the image to include both PHP 7 and PHP56? The errors I'm getting with autodl might have to do with using PHP7 (which I know is probably preinstalled with the Arch image you're using) instead of PHP56. If you include it I might be able to go into the console and switch the versions to see if that corrects the issue.

Hey @td00, you can actually do it by yourself, although I've been running the container with PHP7 with no issues.

In order to create your custom image running php5.6 first clone rtorrentvpn repo: https://github.com/binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn

Then edit the following line to include the dependencies that you want: https://github.com/binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn/blob/master/build/root/install.sh#L53, for instance, you can replace php-fpm and php-geoip with php56-fpm and php56-geoip

Finally you can run docker build command to build your custom image and run it locally with docker run. For more info about how to do that have a look at https://stackify.com/docker-build-a-beginners-guide-to-building-docker-images/

Edited by Cat_Seeder
3 hours ago, td00 said:

Thanks @Cat_Seeder I suppose this is my only option going forward.

Well, the easier alternative is to follow binhex advice and wait for someone more familiar with autodl-rutorrent codebase to have a look at the issue that you have reported.

If you want to troubleshoot the issue by yourself I wouldn't expect much hand-holding, sorry. However, if you are ok with the frustration of being stuck, I'm not discouraging you from going down that route, trying to fix my own problems is how I got to learn a thing or two to share with the community.

The only other problem is that PHP56 is located on the AUR.

I'm not an arch guy but by what I understood you can clone the package source and run makepkg or install some of the many utilities to work with AUR packages.

---

Other than trying to downgrade PHP you may also try to debug and investigate why you are getting errors from autodl-rutorrent plugin. Maybe you have a misconfiguration issue, or maybe something that used to be normal isn't anymore. PHP 7.4 is known to be much more strict than PHP 5.6. 

Having a quick look at your ticket and the source at https://github.com/autodl-community/autodl-rutorrent/blob/master/getConf.php#L46-L61 it looks like something that is assumed by the code to be a an array is actually a boolean ($userInfo maybe?). 

Once you understand where the code is chocking it's going to be easier to understand what is happening (wrong UID maybe? You can always log the uid to the console and verify if it exists in the container).

Or maybe you can take the shotgun approach and modify the code to fix the issue. E.g., for the hypothetical and unverified scenario above you could add a check to confirm that $userInfo is an array: 

if (is_array($userInfo) && file_exists($userInfo['dir'].'...

Assuming that you need a code change to fix your issue you may as well open a PR and contribute it upstream - even if you are not a PHP Developer, I'm certainly not :).

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Cat_Seeder

Hi there. I use CA Backup daily to restart dockers in the early morning. For some reason, this docker doesn't like to come back up with the others.

Can someone please take a look at the pasted logs to help me understand why? Thank you!

[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-02-29 04:12:43,808 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.70.40 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-02-29 04:12:43,811 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-02-29 04:12:44,066 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load iptable_mangle module...

2020-02-29 04:12:44,067 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.88-Unraid

2020-02-29 04:12:44,068 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2020-02-29 04:12:44,068 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

2020-02-29 04:12:44,069 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

2020-02-29 04:12:44,115 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Docker network defined as 172.17.0.0/16

2020-02-29 04:12:44,118 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 192.168.1.0/24 as route via docker eth0

2020-02-29 04:12:44,118 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------

2020-02-29 04:12:44,119 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.2
192.168.1.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0

2020-02-29 04:12:44,119 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2020-02-29 04:12:44,343 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------

2020-02-29 04:12:44,345 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT

2020-02-29 04:12:44,346 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2020-02-29 04:12:44,357 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2020-02-29 04:12:44,641 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.8 [git:makepkg/3976acda9bf10b5e+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Dec 30 2019

2020-02-29 04:12:44,642 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019, LZO 2.10

2020-02-29 04:12:44,642 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-02-29 04:12:44,645 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started

2020-02-29 04:12:44,678 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]184.75.213.218:1198
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]184.75.213.218:1198

2020-02-29 04:12:44,883 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:44 2020 [c07bb1674eb4e2882b5bee1513bcf7e4] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]184.75.213.218:1198

2020-02-29 04:12:46,063 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:46 2020 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Sat Feb 29 04:12:46 2020 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

2020-02-29 04:12:46,065 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:46 2020 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.58.10.6 peer 10.58.10.5

2020-02-29 04:12:46,069 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:46 2020 /root/openvpnup.sh tun0 1500 1558 10.58.10.6 10.58.10.5 init

2020-02-29 04:12:46,084 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:12:46 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

2020-02-29 04:12:46,097 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23168583684000 for <Subprocess at 23168583683952 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2020-02-29 04:12:46,097 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23168583734848 for <Subprocess at 23168583683952 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2020-02-29 04:12:46,097 INFO exited: pyrocore-script (exit status 0; expected)
2020-02-29 04:12:46,097 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2020-02-29 04:12:46,202 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Port forwarding is enabled
[info] Checking endpoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' is port forward enabled...

2020-02-29 04:12:46,243 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82...

2020-02-29 04:12:47,063 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82, response code 200

2020-02-29 04:12:47,213 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

2020-02-29 04:12:47,213 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-02-29 04:12:47,245 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=59eb9ab8752c05e4cff8892bace47aa4ed8d86a464072266bd6cce76053a5bc8...

2020-02-29 04:12:47,345 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 56 from curl != 0
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-02-29 04:12:57,443 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:07,541 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:17,639 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:27,737 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 8 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:37,836 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 7 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:47,934 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 6 retries left

2020-02-29 04:13:58,032 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 5 retries left

2020-02-29 04:14:08,131 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 4 retries left

2020-02-29 04:14:18,229 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 3 retries left

2020-02-29 04:14:28,328 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 2 retries left

2020-02-29 04:14:38,426 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 1 retries left

2020-02-29 04:14:48,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx, exhausted retries exiting script...

2020-02-29 04:14:48,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA VPN port assignment API currently down, terminating OpenVPN process to force retry for incoming port...

2020-02-29 04:14:48,526 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:14:48 2020 event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)

2020-02-29 04:14:48,529 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:14:48 2020 /usr/bin/ip addr del dev tun0 local 10.58.10.6 peer 10.58.10.5

2020-02-29 04:14:48,538 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:14:48 2020 SIGINT[hard,] received, process exiting

2020-02-29 04:15:14,717 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] OpenVPN process terminated, restarting OpenVPN...

2020-02-29 04:15:14,722 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.8 [git:makepkg/3976acda9bf10b5e+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Dec 30 2019
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019, LZO 2.10

2020-02-29 04:15:14,723 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN restarted

2020-02-29 04:15:14,723 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-02-29 04:15:14,724 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]172.98.67.3:1198
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]172.98.67.3:1198

2020-02-29 04:15:14,923 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:14 2020 [1ae5e74deef820a807dae2c6debaa8f1] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]172.98.67.3:1198

2020-02-29 04:15:16,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:16 2020 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Sat Feb 29 04:15:16 2020 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

2020-02-29 04:15:16,150 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:16 2020 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.3.10.6 peer 10.3.10.5

2020-02-29 04:15:16,151 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:16 2020 /root/openvpnup.sh tun0 1500 1558 10.3.10.6 10.3.10.5 init

2020-02-29 04:15:16,156 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Feb 29 04:15:16 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

2020-02-29 04:15:16,267 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Port forwarding is enabled
[info] Checking endpoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' is port forward enabled...

2020-02-29 04:15:16,270 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82...

2020-02-29 04:15:16,695 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82, response code 200

2020-02-29 04:15:16,753 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

2020-02-29 04:15:16,753 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-02-29 04:15:16,758 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=213b7c552b5be7f3ec90913f96efd7c756aa6d76b01387e3fa70356682330475...

2020-02-29 04:15:17,544 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=213b7c552b5be7f3ec90913f96efd7c756aa6d76b01387e3fa70356682330475, response code 200

2020-02-29 04:15:17,572 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned incoming port 36615

2020-02-29 04:15:17,573 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Checking we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address...

2020-02-29 04:15:17,622 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS operational, we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address '172.217.164.196'

2020-02-29 04:15:17,624 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2020-02-29 04:15:17,990 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 172.98.67.3

2020-02-29 04:15:18,398 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.58.10.6 different, marking for reconfigure

2020-02-29 04:15:18,400 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent not running

2020-02-29 04:15:18,401 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent incoming port 49160 and VPN incoming port 36615 different, marking for reconfigure

2020-02-29 04:15:18,401 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Removing any rTorrent session lock files left over from the previous run...

2020-02-29 04:15:18,402 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start rTorrent...

2020-02-29 04:15:18,403 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Script started, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2020-02-29 04:15:18,434 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Script done, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2020-02-29 04:15:47,536 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries

2020-02-29 04:15:47,539 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Autodl-irssi not enabled, skipping startup

2020-02-29 04:15:47,539 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Initialising ruTorrent plugins (checking rTorrent is running)...

In terms of featureset, this is my favorite torrent client so far.  But after a few minutes of use, it becomes painfully slow.  Setup with just a normal config using a VPN (PIA).  Saving to download directory which is downloading to a cache drive first.  Dual xeon CPU, and never high CPU usage detected.  Any troubleshooting ideas?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, thrroow said:

But after a few minutes of use, it becomes painfully slow

can you describe this, do you mean the web ui or the server?, what did you do in order for it to start performing slowly, dumped lots of torrents?, do you use BTRFS formatted cache drive (cache pool?).

I also seem to be having the same issue as @thrroow whereby the GUI will randomly slow down to a crawl when attempting to open and my downloads will go from 10MB/sec to 50KB/sec, forcing me to reboot the container itself multiple times (as the freezing occurs randomly) until it becomes stable again.

For mine to occur, all it did was add a single torrent via Sonarr (currently seeding 404 torrents all through the same tracker). I then receive the following error message and the GUI is no longer accessible:

2020/03/10 20:44:47 [error] 1044#1044: *695 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "10.0.1.30:9080"

Running XFS on my cache drive.

If you require any further information, please let me know :)

Edited by Akatsuki

Good day, thank you kindly for all your efforts is the first thing I would like to say!!

I am wanting to increase the php memory limit. I saw in the code that the memory limit is increased to 768 MB with this code line "sed -i -e "s~.memory_limit\s=\s.~memory_limit = 768M~g" "${php_ini}""

I am wondering if in a future iteration you can make that an environment variable? I would prefer to have it at 2048 MB.

Also, I saw the line "sed -i -e "s~.upload_max_filesize\s=\s.~upload_max_filesize = 20M~g" "${php_ini}"     I think some people would want to change this line as well closer to 1GB.

Anyways, I appreciate it big time! I saw in the topic thread that a lot of people suffer from rutorrent being sluggish or slow - I think increasing the PHP memory limit would do wonders; however, i also know not everyone has the RAM capacity to do so. Would just be a nice feature to have if somebody wanted to increase the memory limit. It is definitely operating very sluggish for me but delugevpn is snappy as can be. Thanks again!

Cheers

Why is AutoTools moving files to the wrong completed folders?  The thinking is based on label and AutoTools settings in the example below for a file labeled "apps"  should move from /data/_rtorrent_/incomplete/apps to /data/_rtorrent_/complete/apps but it appears it is pulling in the container "/data" directory and moving to /data/complete/apps

jhnK8qA.jpg

4Br3cmR.jpg

ZfLtrje.jpg

s8NV7g7.jpg

d6HsHNU.jpg

hLLkLa9.jpg

M3KaDvY.jpg

Edited by morreale

I've been using your delugevpn for a while now but I want to try to make the switch to rtorrent but every time I've tried using it I get this error or something similar. Tracker: [Failure reason \"IP: My.External.IP.Here\"]. I've followed the Help FAQ from the github page but I don't see anything useful in the supervisord log. I want to use a VPN like I do with deluge but have it disabled while troubleshooting but same issues except reading my VPN IP in the error when VPN is on.

https://pastebin.com/cXMdJT2F

Does anyone have a working setup of rTorrent in the nzb360 app currently? It used to work for me, and I'm unsure of what's causing me to not be able to log in, but I'm thinking it might be the username/password settings for the container.

14 hours ago, brikn said:

I get this error or something similar. Tracker: [Failure reason \"IP: My.External.IP.Here\"]

most probably because you dont have port forwarding on your router setup, rather than try and get this working, lets switch it back to vpn enabled and then paste the log again.

2 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Does anyone have a working setup of rTorrent in the nzb360 app currently? It used to work for me, and I'm unsure of what's causing me to not be able to log in, but I'm thinking it might be the username/password settings for the container.

yep i do, but im not sure what use it will be to you as its very specific to my setup (nginx reverse proxy and custom ports), not to mention i would have to scrub out a lot of the info due to security concerns, all i can say, is keep at it, its definitely achievable.

• binhex locked this topic