[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

6 hours ago, binhex said:

yep i do, but im not sure what use it will be to you as its very specific to my setup (nginx reverse proxy and custom ports), not to mention i would have to scrub out a lot of the info due to security concerns, all i can say, is keep at it, its definitely achievable.

Could we sort this out in PM, I'm also using a reverse proxy? I just need to see how you formatted your credentials etc so I can match my input to the app and the way I run rTorrent?

15 hours ago, brikn said:

Oh this isn't on Unraid, is that why it's not working?

nope, this container can run on any distro that is capable of running docker. ok check permissons here, does the user with uid 1000 and gid 1000 have read and write access to /mnt/data ?

3 hours ago, Gursh said:

Hi just wondering if anyone had a solution to this.

I keep seeing the below to the autodl. Never had this before. Thanks in advance :)

image.thumb.png.a6eadbd4fae2a5382f7c6c8053614883.png

I am also getting this error. I have disabled my autodl for now. I think the git repo might have changed their URL?, not too sure but I think this is an issue with autodl in general not just you or your setup but I am talking out of pure speculation.

10 hours ago, noraa said:

I am also getting this error. I have disabled my autodl for now. I think the git repo might have changed their URL?, not too sure but I think this is an issue with autodl in general not just you or your setup but I am talking out of pure speculation.

I'm getting this error and actually getting similar errors when autodl tries to snatch torrents as well.  Anyone else having that issue? 

I don't think the problem lies with autodl itself, because if I run autodl directly on the host machine I don't see any of the above errors.

Edited by Tasteless
On 3/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, Gursh said:

Hi just wondering if anyone had a solution to this.

I keep seeing the below to the autodl. Never had this before. Thanks in advance :)

image.thumb.png.a6eadbd4fae2a5382f7c6c8053614883.png

Both my friend and I are getting this same error as well. I understand the issue is with autodl itself but is there any eta on when a fix is coming, whether a downgrade of the autodl version within the docker or some fix? It looks like that has been happening since March 11th cause both my friend and I haven't had any autoadded since then.

Edited by Bensawsome
  • Thanks 1
On 3/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, brikn said:

yeah, i did "chown -R brian:brian /mnt/data" before and that user is what also is assigned 1000 UID and GID.

I've tried recreating, changing permissions to root for the container and data directory but still nothing. I always get some form of error, whether it is tracker timeout or invalid IP, or just not connecting to any peers. I've read every source I could find about this issue but the only thing I can find is permissions error but nothing I do seems to fix the problem. I can get delugevpn and qbittorrentvpn working with ease but rutorrentvpn is still not working.

10 hours ago, Bensawsome said:

Both my friend and I are getting this same error as well. I understand the issue is with autodl itself but is there any eta on when a fix is coming, whether a downgrade of the autodl version within the docker or some fix? It looks like that has been happening since March 11th cause both my friend and I haven't had any autoadded since then.

For the record, I don't think the issue lies with autodl-irssi or binhex's code.  I think it is a messed up release on docker hub.  If I build the image myself from source via binhex's git everything works great.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Tasteless said:

For the record, I don't think the issue lies with autodl-irssi or binhex's code.  I think it is a messed up release on docker hub.  If I build the image myself from source via binhex's git everything works great.

Looks like it. I'm building a custom image from source and can't reproduce the issue either.

8 hours ago, Tasteless said:

its very possible that there was an issue with autodl-irssi at the time of the build (pulls from master branch), and this issue has now been resolved, so subsequent builds are ok, i will create a new image shortly and see if this fixes the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, binhex said:

its very possible that there was an issue with autodl-irssi at the time of the build (pulls from master branch), and this issue has now been resolved, so subsequent builds are ok, i will create a new image shortly and see if this fixes the issue.

Just updated it. That fixed it. Thank you very much :)

Edited by Bensawsome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the container name on the dashboard is blue indicating there is an update, but update option is not in drop down menu. Go to docker tab and sure enough update ready and apply update are there. run update and it completes. but still shows update ready. tried twice now same result. any idea??

Hey! Having problems with setting up torrents being moved to a diff directory when completed.

Tried to change it in the GUI, "Autotools" section - didn't work, but the setting seems to be saved.

Then the FAQ says "So rutorrent is purely a web frontend to rtorrent, and as such does NOT modify any settings for rtorrent...", and I still don't get the logic of it. Why the hell would you even have settings in GUI that just don't work? Why to add them to GUI at all? Seems like nonsense to me.

Then there is rtorrent.rc file, it has a setting with my folder for torrents being downloaded (incomplete), but I don't see any settings for moving torrents to another directory after completion.

BTW, I changed the default directory for downloads in the GUI, and it works the way it should - torrents are being downloaded to the new dir. And the FAQ says it shouldn't have worked.

• binhex locked this topic