[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

3 hours ago, binhex said:

Support for multi remote endpoints and PIA 'Next-Gen' networks now complete, see Q19 and Q20 for details:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

This is working perfectly thanks. The only odd thing for me is I can’t get faster than 30MB/sec using the next gen servers, even one that’s not too far from my location and the port is reporting open by ruTorrent as well. Same torrent without port forwarding working gets at least 82MB/sec on my gigabit connection using Mullvad. I wonder if others with fast connections are seeing similar results. 

Edited by cardo

Hey - decided to give this container another go as I got sick of my slow speeds on your DelugeVPN option. It's either PIA related, or something I'm doing as everyone else isn't having slow speeds... I seem to have this sorted now on rTorrentVPN, & have a quick question. The below image is my ratio group settings... I'm looking for torrents to stop & have the data removed when the ratio hits 1.0-1.1, would this suggest it's accurate? I've stuck in a test download and the "UL target" is usually double the torrent size, no matter what the ratios are set to.

image.png.0fb5b63400bc93de46e02feac9ff62e9.png

Strike that - done another couple of tests, and they seem to all be deleting themselves within the 1.0-1.1 ratio, no matter what shows in the 'UL Target' or 'UL Remaining'. Another wee thing, though, I just want to double check, but would amending the '#throttle.global_up.max_rate.set_kb = 0' to something like '350' here:

image.png.9780dfee3986b52ebdbe347779e3f673.png

change this value:

image.png.104b72f14d5f4c9f3eb6dadb38cbe36b.png

Seems straight forward enough, but just making sure before I edit anything, as I have been known to "misunderstand" wordings before haha.

Edited by xxDeadbolt
6 hours ago, binhex said:

news to me, got a link?

no luck finding where saw, best guess is misreading/misremembering [the following wrong premises/logical conclusion] 1) nextgen uses (only) wireguard, 2) wireguard prone to hacks (instead of requiring hacks to work), thus 3) nextgen prone to hacks

Edited by Cull2ArcaHeresy
clarify
4 minutes ago, Cull2ArcaHeresy said:

yea, just best wrong premises/logical conclusion could figure out (edited post should be more clear)

fair enough!, to be clear im not saying its 100% secure, i have secured my end via iptables (as per normal), whether PIA has secured their end i cant comment, you can but hope!, i have no reason so far to distrust pia (yes im aware of the kape takeover).

Edited by binhex

I seem to be the only one having trouble with the next gen servers. For whatever reason, whenever I connect to them, rTorrent takes exceeding long to finish start up torrent checks (1 to 2 hours, compared with like 5 minutes, for the current gen ones), and then never really fully connects. Most of my torrents end up with timeout or UDP errors, and the script keeps reassigning the port every 15 minutes. Sometimes the same port, other times, it will get a different port, and the two will trade off being assigned. I've attached my log file, let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

supervisord.log

8 hours ago, Zainy521 said:

I seem to be the only one having trouble with the next gen servers. For whatever reason, whenever I connect to them, rTorrent takes exceeding long to finish start up torrent checks (1 to 2 hours, compared with like 5 minutes, for the current gen ones), and then never really fully connects. Most of my torrents end up with timeout or UDP errors, and the script keeps reassigning the port every 15 minutes. Sometimes the same port, other times, it will get a different port, and the two will trade off being assigned. I've attached my log file, let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

supervisord.log 782.11 kB · 2 downloads

i need the full log, you are trimming way too much, please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

20 minutes ago, slyk said:

supervisord.log 493.57 kB · 1 download

I need help, it seems like some have working clients. mine still isn't working after all the PIA API changes. my log is attached. What do I need to do to make this work? Thanks!

I'm certainly no expert at reading these logs, but it doesn't look like you're using the next gen OVPN files. 

click 'View OpenVPN Configurations' on this page, then 'OpenVPN Configuration Files (Recommended Default)'. You can then drop in your end point & the 2 certificate files to your openvpn folder in the rTorrent config.

18 minutes ago, xxDeadbolt said:

I'm certainly no expert at reading these logs, but it doesn't look like you're using the next gen OVPN files. 

click 'View OpenVPN Configurations' on this page, then 'OpenVPN Configuration Files (Recommended Default)'. You can then drop in your end point & the 2 certificate files to your openvpn folder in the rTorrent config.

Thanks that worked. I got the next-gen OVPN files from here:image.png.88be28bdbf20898dbea400e38d16d08a.png

However, this doesnt have CA-Vancouver on the list so I used  CA-Toronto. but in the rtorrent logs it says CA-vacouver is port forward compatible. is there anyway I can use CA-Vancouver instead?

On 10/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, binhex said:

fair enough!, to be clear im not saying its 100% secure, i have secured my end via iptables (as per normal), whether PIA has secured their end i cant comment, you can but hope!, i have no reason so far to distrust pia (yes im aware of the kape takeover).

No comments about security, but it's certainly fast, and so far it has been stable. Thanks @binhex, sending another beer your way.

By the way, did the autodl-rssi + recent version of php issue got sorted?

Kind regards,

Not entirely sure, but on their page, here, they say 

At the moment, all of our non US Servers offer port-forwarding functionality and you can find a list of all of the servers we offer, here: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/network/

which would suggest to me they don't (the page they link to doesn't mention port forwarding)... however, happy to be corrected if someone else knows different.

• binhex locked this topic