[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

I am trying to use rtorrentvpn with a custom openvpn server and I can get the container running and connecting to torrents, but then after about a minute it disconnects from all peers/trackers, waits about a minute again before reconnecting.  I'm not seeing anything about errors in the logs, but I AM seeing that it's trying to "get external IP with name server 'ns1.google.com'" even though I have NAME_SERVERS set to 1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1 which seems weird to me?  I have "dhcp-option DNS 1.1.1.1" for my openvpn config as well, so I'm not sure where something is deciding to use google nameservers?

The only other suspicious thing I'm seeing is "[server] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting" but I'm not sure what kind of timeout that is or what to do about it?  The openvpn server and config file work fine with other containers using a different torrent client.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:59 AM, learningunraid said:

Hello, I am trying to install Binhex-rTorrentVPN. But, I am not able to run it.

Error from Log:

crtoj9X.png

Docker:

Bv6CWzt.png

I use unassigned drive - SSD for the app-data. Please help me. Thanks.

Have you set an RPC2_PASS variable?  If you're using RPC2_AUTH you need to set a password for it

Everything for me seems to work A-OK, except this error as the docker launches, which doesn't seem to affect the launch of rtorrent, rutorrent, openvpn, or privoxy:

rtorrent    | 2020-10-25 16:48:05,276 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 139659360098528 for <Subprocess at 139659360097856 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
rtorrent    | 2020-10-25 16:48:05,276 DEBG fd 15 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 139659360219776 for <Subprocess at 139659360097856 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
rtorrent    | 2020-10-25 16:48:05,277 INFO exited: pyrocore-script (exit status 0; expected)
rtorrent    | 2020-10-25 16:48:05,277 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
rtorrent    | 2020-10-25 16:48:05,311 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
rtorrent    | [info] Default route for container is 172.20.0.1

Is there anywhere I should start at trying to figure it out?

FYI, in case anyone was wondering, the docker-compose code:

services:
  rtorrent:
    image: binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn
    container_name: rtorrent
    volumes:
      - /mnt/citadel-library:/data
      - /container-data/rtorrent:/config
    environment:
      - PUID=99
      - PGID=100
      - TZ=America/Chicago
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=xxxxxxxx
      - VPN_PASS=YYYYYYYYYYYYY
      - VPN_PROV=pia
      - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=no
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes
      - ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=yes
      - RPC2_USER=admin
      - RPC2_PASS=xYxYxYxYxYxY
      - WEBUI_USER=admin
      - WEBUI_PASS=xYxYxYxYxYxY
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
      - DEBUG=false
      - PHP_TZ=UTC
      - UMASK=000
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    ports:
      - "9080:9080"
      - "9443:9443"
      - "8118:8118"
    restart: unless-stopped

Edited by mooky
adding docker-compose.yaml
11 minutes ago, kbbeer said:

Anyone else receiving a failed to scrape error on portchecker.co? I'm using wireguard if that makes a difference.

Just checked my logs & it does appear - haven't noticed any issues because of it, though. Still downloading and uploading as it normally does. Also on Wireguard.

My entire rTorrent has stopped working for some reason whilst downloading a large 1.6TB torrent.

My first drive filled up and most of my docker images crash when that happens. So I turned off all containers and moved files to the next drive.

Figured there would be no problems so I restarted the container.

Now I get this in the log.

2020-10-30 06:23:05,894 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'user' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'group' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2020-10-30 06:23:05,903 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] starting nginx...

2020-10-30 06:23:16,542 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries

2020-10-30 06:23:16,543 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Failed to start rTorrent, skipping initialisation of ruTorrent Plugins...

2020-10-30 06:33:23,916 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.14.0.3 different, marking for reconfigure

2020-10-30 06:33:24,772 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2020-10-30 06:33:25,099 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
INFO: Bad data packets written to '/tmp/xmlrpc2scgi-99.xml'

2020-10-30 06:33:25,100 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
ERROR While calling network.local_address.set('', '216.239.32.10\n216.239.34.10\n216.239.36.10\n216.239.38.10'): <Fault -503: 'Could not set local address: Name or service not known.'>

I've even rebooted my server. It was running for 415 days without issues and I must have updated this container maybe 3 or 4 times during that time because I like to update only after a good period of time.

Edited by plantsandbinary
On 10/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, phi0x said:

Having an issue where I can internally on my local network access rutorrent, but my external network I cannot access rutorrent anymore via the DNS I had setup.

The issue started happening once I upgraded my config to use wireguard. The wireguard works for rutorrent perfectly and can be accessed like I said via LAN clients. But it broke the ability to access the docker container remotely.

I tried rolling back the config to use the old openvpn config, and it works again fine, but the second I go to use the new wireguard config, it breaks the external networks ability to access. Even when accessing via the external DNS method on a local machine on the network, it does not work, but the second i revert the config back to openvpn config, it works.

The only change really in the docker config I see is the addition of:

--sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" \
    --privileged=true \

and removal of:

--cap-add=NET_ADMIN \

could it be the iptables that the container uses needs updating? Does the valid_mark sysctl rule cause external source requests to drop?

thoughts?

full config:

docker run -d \
    --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" \
    --privileged=true \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    -p 9443:9443 \
    --name=torrentvpn \
    -v /docker/torrentvpn/data:/data \
    -v /docker/torrentvpn/config:/config \
    -v /mnt/pool:/pool \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_USER= \
    -e VPN_PASS= \
    -e VPN_PROV=pia \
    -e VPN_CLIENT=wireguard \
    -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \
    -e ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI=yes \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2=yes \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes \
    -e ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=yes \
    -e RPC2_USER= \
    -e RPC2_PASS= \
    -e WEBUI_USER= \
    -e WEBUI_PASS= \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1 \
    -e DEBUG=false \
    -e PHP_TZ=UTC \
    -e UMASK=000 \
    -e PUID=0 \
    -e PGID=0 \
    binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn

Anyone else having this issue with wireguard enabled?

On 10/2/2020 at 8:56 PM, Cat_Seeder said:

No comments about security, but it's certainly fast, and so far it has been stable. Thanks @binhex, sending another beer your way.

By the way, did the autodl-rssi + recent version of php issue got sorted?

Kind regards,

Apparently not... amazing.. why does this container even include the damn thing if it causes rutorrent stop functioning suddenly?

I received the message in the log to switch to PIA's next-gen network:

VPN configuration file '/config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn' 'remote' line is referencing PIA legacy network which is now shutdown, see Q19. from the following link on how to switch to PIA 'next-gen':- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md exiting script...

I downloaded the next-gen ovpn config file from the link in the FAQ. I used the same credentials.conf as my previous settings but replaced everything else. This my ovpn file:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote de-berlin.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass credentials.conf
compress
verb 1
crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt

disable-occ

For some reasons, I am unable to connect and I keep getting AUTH_FAILED error in a loop which freezes the Unraid webui.

DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Edited by Katherine

If your log file ends with:

/config/nginx/security/rpc2_pass: No such file or directory

The fix is to create a Variable using + Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

Key: RPC2_PASS Value: (your password)

And make sure you fill in a password for K 16: Container Variable: WEBUI_PASS

Edited by RichardU
On 11/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, Katherine said:

I received the message in the log to switch to PIA's next-gen network:

VPN configuration file '/config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn' 'remote' line is referencing PIA legacy network which is now shutdown, see Q19. from the following link on how to switch to PIA 'next-gen':- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md exiting script...

I downloaded the next-gen ovpn config file from the link in the FAQ. I used the same credentials.conf as my previous settings but replaced everything else. This my ovpn file:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote de-berlin.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

compress
verb 1
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt

disable-occ

For some reasons, I am unable to connect and I keep getting AUTH_FAILED error in a loop which freezes the Unraid webui.

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I've been having this problem for what feels like weeks now. No matter what I do I cannot get it to auth. But when I went back to the old-gen network, everything worked fine. Here's what I've tried:

• downloaded many versions of the NextGen.zip with all the ovpn files in it
  • tried many different .ovpn files in the .zip
  • generating a new password from the PIA site and updating the docker parameters
  • modding the .ovpn to remove the built in CA and CRL and use the files
  • modding the .ovpn file to specifically include "credentials.conf" nest to "auth-user-pass"
  • deleted the perms.txt file and restarted
  • completely cleared out the containers' volume on the drive and started again

I could really use some advice on what I'm doing wrong. Why is the nextgen network rejecting my credentials?

Here's the .ovpn file:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ca-toronto.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

compress
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt

disable-occ

Here's my docker-compose:

torrent:
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    image: "binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:latest"
    container_name: "torrent"
    hostname: "torrent"
    restart: "always"
    network_mode: "bridge"
    ports: 
      - <ports>

volumes:
      - <volumes>

environment:
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=<user>
      - VPN_PASS=<password>
      - VPN_PROV=pia
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes
      - ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=no
      - RPC2_USER=<password>
      - RPC2_PASS=<password>
      - NAME_SERVERS=1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1
      - PHP_TZ=<timezone>
      - TZ=<timezone>

Any help would be really appreciated.

1 hour ago, Zeee said:

I've been having this problem for what feels like weeks now. No matter what I do I cannot get it to auth. But when I went back to the old-gen network, everything worked fine. Here's what I've tried:

• downloaded many versions of the NextGen.zip with all the ovpn files in it
  • tried many different .ovpn files in the .zip
  • generating a new password from the PIA site and updating the docker parameters
  • modding the .ovpn to remove the built in CA and CRL and use the files
  • modding the .ovpn file to specifically include "credentials.conf" nest to "auth-user-pass"
  • deleted the perms.txt file and restarted
  • completely cleared out the containers' volume on the drive and started again

I could really use some advice on what I'm doing wrong. Why is the nextgen network rejecting my credentials?

Here's the .ovpn file:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ca-toronto.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

compress
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt

disable-occ

Here's my docker-compose:

torrent:
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    image: "binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:latest"
    container_name: "torrent"
    hostname: "torrent"
    restart: "always"
    network_mode: "bridge"
    ports: 
      - <ports>

volumes:
      - <volumes>

environment:
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=<user>
      - VPN_PASS=<password>
      - VPN_PROV=pia
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2=yes
      - ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes
      - ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=no
      - RPC2_USER=<password>
      - RPC2_PASS=<password>
      - NAME_SERVERS=1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1
      - PHP_TZ=<timezone>
      - TZ=<timezone>

Any help would be really appreciated.

I was using the "PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS" username and password which starts with an x--------.

With the next-gen network, PIA wants everyone to use their login username and password which start with p--------. Once I switched credentials, I was able to authenticate right away.

19 hours ago, binhex said:

18 hours ago, Katherine said:

I was using the "PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS" username and password which starts with an x--------.

With the next-gen network, PIA wants everyone to use their login username and password which start with p--------. Once I switched credentials, I was able to authenticate right away.

Well, damn. I feel like a right idiot. Thank you both! Got it working.

I'll go and hang my head in shame over there -----> somewhere...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Thanks for a great project...I've been putting off this post for ages but I'm getting very frustrated. I have for a long time had issues with the VPN connection dropping out. I use AirVPN and when I restart the docker, I can see the VPN session opening up, and the port Check on rutorrent is Green, everything is good.

Then after an unspecified amount of time, the port checker goes Yellow and my connection drops. The only way to fix it is to restart the docker. Is there some kind of keepalive setting I can use? or tweak?

At the moment my workaround is a User Script that restarts the container every hour...not ideal.

Logs attached.

EDIT: Have moved all settings and everything over to Qbittorrent which seems to be much more stable for now. Would still like to get this resolved in case the same thing happens with Qbittorrent?

supervisord.log

Edited by Mooks

Hi all,

I recently realized that my rtorrent-VPN docker was not working and upon looking at the logs it says: 

No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

I have checked the folder and it contains the .crt, .pem and .ovpn files that I put in there when I set up the docker originally. I have since replaced them with updated files from pia, but it is still coming up with that error. Not sure what is causing this issue and not sure where to go from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Chuffs

1 hour ago, chuffs97 said:

Hi all,

I recently realized that my rtorrent-VPN docker was not working and upon looking at the logs it says: 

I have checked the folder and it contains the .crt, .pem and .ovpn files that I put in there when I set up the docker originally. I have since replaced them with updated files from pia, but it is still coming up with that error. Not sure what is causing this issue and not sure where to go from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Chuffs

go to unraid web ui/docker tab/ left click icon and select edit, click on 'show more settings' this should then show you the host path set for /config, make a note and then check where you are putting files is actually where /config is set to, if it looks correct then drop to unraid cli and issue the command:-

ls -al <host path shown for /config>

and paste the output here.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

go to unraid web ui/docker tab/ left click icon and select edit, click on 'show more settings' this should then show you the host path set for /config, make a note and then check where you are putting files is actually where /config is set to, if it looks correct then drop to unraid cli and issue the command:-

ls -al <host path shown for /config>

and paste the output here.

Thanks, I've figured out where it went wrong. It was mapped to a specific disk instead of the /user/appdata. Changing that over appears to fix that issue.. BUT.. was then getting the RPC2_PASS error detailed further up the page, following that fix looks like everything is running smoothly.

Thanks for your help :)

When i move a completed torrent from my seedbox to local (move files then add .torrent), rtorrent checks before seeding. Great to make sure nothing got corrupted during transfer and all...but it takes forever. Earlier it was checking a 3gb one when i looked (was at like 20 or 40%), now 6 hours later it is at 75% on that same torrent. After it finishes check i move it to correct done folder, it adds it back to queue to be checked, but this check is faster and seems to be on par with force recheck (maybe slower but nowhere near hours per gig).

Is this a container thing like i need to give it more resources (top below), or some rtorrent setting...which it seems most the checking hash options have been deprecated. From what have found, there has never been an option for it to check multiple at once, but the biggest (deprecated) flag was hash_check_interval (others too, but smaller impacts).

top - 02:40:28 up 33 days,  4:33,  0 users,  load average: 15.73, 16.31, 16.44
Tasks:  76 total,   1 running,  75 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 26.3 us,  1.8 sy,  0.0 ni, 71.4 id,  0.5 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st
MiB Mem : 128952.8 total,   4412.8 free,  46173.8 used,  78366.2 buff/cache
MiB Swap:      0.0 total,      0.0 free,      0.0 used.  79801.2 avail Mem 

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                               
37385 nobody    20   0 3472912   1.1g 140908 S   0.3   0.9 113:22.49 rtorrent main                                         
    1 root      20   0    2340    284    204 S   0.0   0.0   0:59.15 tini                                                  
    6 root      20   0   30816  17412   1612 S   0.0   0.0   9:41.05 supervisord                                           
  368 nobody    20   0    7436   2372   1740 S   0.0   0.0   0:55.70 logrotate.sh                                          
  370 nobody    20   0    7436    672      4 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.35 rutorrent.sh                                          
  371 root      20   0    7728   2720   1780 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.47 start.sh                                              
  372 nobody    20   0    7664   2772   1968 S   0.0   0.0   6:35.67 watchdog.sh                                           
 1039 nobody    20   0   80496  16500   5948 S   0.0   0.0   0:31.58 php-fpm                                               
 1040 nobody    20   0   79060  17432   8852 S   0.0   0.0   0:31.74 php-fpm                                               
 1041 nobody    20   0   77012  15364   8780 S   0.0   0.0   0:32.12 php-fpm                                               
 4214 root      20   0    7728   2120   1280 S   0.0   0.0   0:37.05 start.sh                                              
 5212 nobody    20   0   76068   7852   1556 S   0.0   0.0   1:37.87 php-fpm                                               
 5216 nobody    20   0   10348   1592    260 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.05 nginx                                                 
 5217 nobody    20   0   11156   3400   1292 S   0.0   0.0   5:33.05 nginx                                                 
...bunch more nginx

update:

3 hours later that torrent finished checking ("posted 3 hours ago"...so might be closer to 4). Checking 100% took like 40 minutes to change to seeding.

Edited by Cull2ArcaHeresy
added update

First off, thanks binhex for an incredible tool.  I'm a newbie to this image, and in the process of moving a lot of my stuff over.  If I find some stumbling blocks along the way hopefully my questions will help others.

First up, in "https://github.com/binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn/blob/master/README.md", section about "AirVPN provider" in the bit: about modifying rtorrent.rc to change the ports:

network.port_range.set = 20479-20479
port_random = no

in the latest config file included with the image I noticed the following already exists:

# Start opening ports at a random position within the port range.
#
network.port_random.set = no

Are the "network.port_random.set" and "port_random" the same thing?  If so maybe the bit about port_random can be removed from the readme to make things even simpler using the latest image.

Second, I'm trying Pyroscope for the first time.  I searched for some guidance in this thread but most people commenting on Pyroscope seem to be old hands.  After a bit of digging around in the image I figured out pyroscope is already installed, but if you want the extra fields (loaded,completed,leechtime,seedtime) to work you need to add the config below to rtorrent.rc, as documented  at:

https://pyrocore.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup.html

#
# PyroScope SETTINGS
#

# `system.has` polyfill (the "false=" silences the `catch` command, in rTorrent-PS)
catch = {"false=", "method.redirect=system.has,false"}

# Set "pyro.extended" to 1 to activate rTorrent-PS features!
# (the automatic way used here only works with rTorrent-PS builds after 2018-05-30)
method.insert = pyro.extended, const|value, (system.has, rtorrent-ps)

# Set "pyro.bin_dir" to the "bin" directory where you installed the pyrocore tools!
# Make sure you end it with a "/"; if this is left empty, then the shell's path is searched.
method.insert = pyro.bin_dir, string|const,

# Remove the ".default" if you want to change something (else your changes
# get over-written on update, when you put them into ``*.default`` files).
import = ~/.pyroscope/rtorrent-pyro.rc.default

# TORQUE: Daemon watchdog schedule
# Must be activated by touching the "~/.pyroscope/run/pyrotorque" file!
# Set the second argument to "-v" or "-q" to change log verbosity.
schedule = pyro_watchdog,30,300,"pyro.watchdog=~/.pyroscope,"

Hopefully the next time someone searches for Pyroscope in this thread this will save them some time.

Thanks again binhex.

1 hour ago, xtorrent said:

Are the "network.port_random.set" and "port_random" the same thing?  If so maybe the bit about port_random can be removed from the readme to make things even simpler using the latest image.

that is an out of date reference, i believe port_random is the older rtorrent.rc format and network.port_random.set is the newer current format, i shall update the doc, thanks.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how to get the container set up using mullvad and wireguard ? I am using default options changing only:

Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED:yes

Container Variable: VPN_PROV:pia

Container Variable: VPN_CLIENT:wireguard

Container Variable: RPC2_PASS:<password>

Container Variable: WEBUI_PASS:<password>

Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK:192.168.0.0/24

Container Variable: ADDITIONAL_PORTS:<forwarded port from mullvad>

Copied wg0.conf to wireguard directory

After starting the container I can't access the WebUI

And this is the logfile:

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-11-21 12:02:15.968952 [info] System information Linux 6595f07a7b8e 5.8.13-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Oct 1 16:59:27 PDT 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-11-21 12:02:15.993373 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.016716 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.040189 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.077165 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.097720 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-11-21 12:02:16.120669 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-11-21 12:02:16.151650 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.174098 [info] VPN_CLIENT defined as 'wireguard'
2020-11-21 12:02:16.199654 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.379622 [info] WireGuard config file (conf extension) is located at /config/wireguard/wg0.conf
2020-11-21 12:02:18.412460 [info] VPN_REMOTE_SERVER defined as '185.65.135.223'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.450936 [info] VPN_REMOTE_PORT defined as '1337'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.467055 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'wg0'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.485169 [info] VPN_REMOTE_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.504099 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.0/24'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.523209 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.542050 [warn] VPN_USER not defined (via -e VPN_USER), assuming authentication via other method
2020-11-21 12:02:18.560580 [warn] VPN_PASS not defined (via -e VPN_PASS), assuming authentication via other method
2020-11-21 12:02:18.581775 [info] STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defined as 'yes'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.600644 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'no'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.622030 [info] ADDITIONAL_PORTS defined as '5187'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.642404 [info] ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI defined as 'no'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.663912 [info] ENABLE_RPC2 defined as 'yes'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.684435 [info] ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH defined as 'yes'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.704290 [info] RPC2_USER defined as 'admin'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.725892 [info] RPC2_PASS defined as 'admin'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.746721 [info] ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH defined as 'yes'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.767500 [info] WEBUI_USER defined as 'admin'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.785735 [info] WEBUI_PASS defined as 'admin'
2020-11-21 12:02:18.804612 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-11-21 12:02:18,903 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/rtorrent.conf" during parsing
2020-11-21 12:02:18,903 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-11-21 12:02:18,905 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2020-11-21 12:02:19,907 INFO spawned: 'logrotate-script' with pid 180
2020-11-21 12:02:19,908 INFO spawned: 'pyrocore-script' with pid 181
2020-11-21 12:02:19,909 INFO spawned: 'rutorrent-script' with pid 182
2020-11-21 12:02:19,910 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 183
2020-11-21 12:02:19,911 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 184
2020-11-21 12:02:19,911 INFO reaped unknown pid 7 (exit status 0)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent config file already exists, skipping copy

2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 INFO success: logrotate-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 INFO success: pyrocore-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 INFO success: rutorrent-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,916 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-11-21 12:02:19,917 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of VPN

2020-11-21 12:02:19,922 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.222 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,924 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.69.80 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,928 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.174 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,930 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.1.1.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,933 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.218 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,937 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,941 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.70.40 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,944 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-11-21 12:02:19,949 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-11-21 12:02:19,975 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

2020-11-21 12:02:20,030 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23257152612912 for <Subprocess at 23257152612240 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2020-11-21 12:02:20,030 DEBG fd 15 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23257152709584 for <Subprocess at 23257152612240 with name pyrocore-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2020-11-21 12:02:20,030 INFO exited: pyrocore-script (exit status 0; expected)
2020-11-21 12:02:20,030 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2020-11-21 12:02:48,033 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https:///authv3/generateToken'
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-11-21 12:02:48,033 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https:///authv3/generateToken'

2020-11-21 12:02:58,054 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-11-21 12:02:58,054 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-11-21 12:03:26,109 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-11-21 12:03:26,109 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-11-21 12:03:36,130 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Edited by Cliff

During the past 2 years (I believe) I've been using this docker image on different OS running on the same hardware (XPnology, Ubuntu and now unRaid). And during that time I've experienced the same kind of issue. rtorrent craches when doing "Force recheck". Most often it works, but in some cases, totaly random.
I get this error in the browser, and rTorrent restarts, the logs of rtorrent doesnt show anything (havent enabled verbose loggin though..)

[21.11.2020 16:10:02] Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) Link to XMLRPC failed. May be, rTorrent is down?

Looking at the logfile for my cache drive, I see these errors at the timeframe of the recheck 

Nov 21 16:09:58 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device nvme0n1p1): csum failed root 5 ino 474715 off 11577618432 csum 0xb58180d1 expected csum 0x85304d50 mirror 1

I just removed 2 memory sticks from my server after running memtest86 and finding out that I did had an issue with my memory, there could be another stick thats broken (2x16GB installed atm). 
I should probably run memtest for a few hours (will probably run that tonight, right now I need the server online since it's my home automation server). 

Have anyone else experienced that rtorrent crashes when doing "force recheck"? And were you able to find the root issue? 
Do you want me to get a specific log? Like verbose logging from rtorrent or similar, please let me know! 

And btw, thanks a lot for all your great containers binhex! Using a bunch of them :)

tower-diagnostics-20201121-1623.zip

• binhex locked this topic