[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

I've been using this container for years, and I've been running into a lot of issues lately. I've pinned the container to the last working version: binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:rtorrent-ps-1.1.r54.ga787dd9-1-28

For some reason, it's failing to start rtorrent. I did a dist upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 a few weeks ago and I'm not sure if that's part of it. What else can I look through if Rtorrent is failing to start? Is there another log?

I'm also getting this error:

Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://10.0.0.1/authv3/generateToken'

I'm also getting this a minutes after the last healthy log message:

2021-02-12 03:48:05,459 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request

Edited by bumperjeep

I'm getting a warning message in my log every 30 minutes (I'm using the latest ( ? ) docker image as of 3 days ago). 

2021-02-11 18:08:37,353 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Incoming port site 'https://portchecker.co/' failed to web scrape, marking as failed

I found a post for DelugeVPN that had the same issue almost a year ago that was resolved per this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/page/243/?tab=comments#comment-857506

@binhex I'm assuming a similar cause and fix can be made or is this something on my end?

Hello,

I'm also having trouble after the update.  I've renamed the old /appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/rtorrent/config/rtorrent.rc.  A new rtorrent.rc was created after updating and restarting, and I've made no modifications to it.  All of my torrents are missing. 

The log gives me this error:

[12.02.2021 10:02:04] JS error: [http://admin:[email protected]:9080/js/stable.js : 1783] TypeError: this.dBody is undefined

11 hours ago, Cat_Seeder said:

Well, with the last update my ancient version of rutorrent's file manager plugin is officialy dead.

Did anyone get the newer version of https://github.com/nelu/rutorrent-filemanagerhttps://github.com/nelu/rutorrent-filemanager-media and https://github.com/nelu/rutorrent-filemanager-share to work?

I can't live without file manager.

no idea on this one as i dont use that plugin, but take a look at the open issues, there are some possible workaround for some of them:- https://github.com/nelu/rutorrent-filemanager/issues

8 hours ago, ATEglauer said:

I'm getting a warning message in my log every 30 minutes (I'm using the latest ( ? ) docker image as of 3 days ago). 

2021-02-11 18:08:37,353 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Incoming port site 'https://portchecker.co/' failed to web scrape, marking as failed

I found a post for DelugeVPN that had the same issue almost a year ago that was resolved per this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/page/243/?tab=comments#comment-857506

@binhex I'm assuming a similar cause and fix can be made or is this something on my end?

you can ignore this, i need to fix this up at some point, but its non fatal so can be ignored for now.

2 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Hi - renamed the .rc file, updated the container, didn't make any other changes.  Can't get into the web GUI (took too long to respond).  As far as I'm aware, I'm running stock.  Attached log with user/pass redacted.

Any ideas?

supervisord.log 84.38 kB · 0 downloads

there are no issues in that log, i can see rtorrent starts ok so the issue is not related to the rtorrent.rc file, check your browser, clear cache and cookies, also try another browser and machine too if possible.

12 minutes ago, binhex said:

there are no issues in that log, i can see rtorrent starts ok so the issue is not related to the rtorrent.rc file, check your browser, clear cache and cookies, also try another browser and machine too if possible.

Cleared cookies, tried two different browsers on another machine, just times out. Was definitely working before update, so a bit confused.

7 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Cleared cookies, tried two different browsers on another machine, just times out. Was definitely working before update, so a bit confused.

it maybe related to a change in session data (guessing here), try renaming /config/rtorrent/session/ folder to /config/rtorrent/session-old/ then restart, this will mean any torrents listed will need to be re-added though, so be aware of this before try it, you can of course always revert this change by renaming the session folder back again. 

if you have not done much configuration changes and you are willing to re-input config you could always simply delete /config/rtorrent/ and /config/rutorrent/ to reset it back to defaults - to confirm i am running this image myself with no issues so i know it works - tested upgrade from the previous image and a clean install.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

it maybe related to a change in session data (guessing here), try renaming /config/rtorrent/session/ folder to /config/rtorrent/session-old/ then restart, this will mean any torrents listed will need to be re-added though, so be aware of this before try it, you can of course always revert this change by renaming the session folder back again. 

if you have not done much configuration changes and you are willing to re-input config you could always simply delete /config/rtorrent/ and /config/rutorrent/ to reset it back to defaults - to confirm i am running this image myself with no issues so i know it works - tested upgrade from the previous image and a clean install.

Progress - kind of.  Tried all of the above, no difference.  Then tried accessing from externally via reverse proxy, and I'm in.  Restored original config/session and it's back to how it was (externally).

Just can't access the web GUI from inside my network.  All other dockers are fine internally (incl 7 other binhex), and I've made no changes to pfSense.  Hadn't tried external links for a year because of lockdown here. My network here isn't complicated, so I'm scratching my head. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

Progress - kind of.  Tried all of the above, no difference.  Then tried accessing from externally via reverse proxy, and I'm in.  Restored original config/session and it's back to how it was (externally).

Just can't access the web GUI from inside my network.  All other dockers are fine internally (incl 7 other binhex), and I've made no changes to pfSense.  Hadn't tried external links for a year because of lockdown here. My network here isn't complicated, so I'm scratching my head. 

don't have external setup, but also can't access webui, i got error in log - 

2021-02-12 15:19:38,787 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

Unlucky update, container was rock solid past half year for me

rtorrent.rc

Edited by J05u
Just now, binhex said:

can be ignored, its cosmetic issue with parsing PIA's crappy json.

your supervisor log shows a successful start, so no issues with rtorrent.rc file.

yes, same looks for me:( but can't access webui by some reason ( i deleted old rc )

Add me to the list. After update no web ui access.

Renamed rc file - restart - web ui times out

removed session folder - restart - web ui times out

remove above and force update - web ui time out.

I have made no mods to rc file both original or new one.

tried with Chrome and Firefox on local Lan from desktop and phone, same from external PC and phone via wireguard into unraid

Hello,

I'm struggling as well since the update as I can't access rutorrent from my local network (timed out) when the vpn (pia) is active.

No problem when the vpn is turn off.

I've tried the couple tricks discussed above : remove torrent.rc, reconfigured my openvpn....

I've dowgrade to previous tag and ru torrent went back to life.

Now I'm tring to configure the lastest release with mitigate success.....

I've checked the logs but I can't spot any errors. By the way rtorrent is running as I can see my torrents seeding...

My new torrent.rc match exactly the new one generated after the new update....but no luck with local network access.

So I've tried to set a reverse proxy and it worked !  (Thanks to @Cessquill).

So we might have a hint....

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

OK guys, for now until i can get to the bottom of why some people can run this ok and others can't im going to roll this back to rtorrent-ps (minus pyrocore), please hold tight whilst i do some testing, i will let you know when its ready to pull.

awesome as always binhex, thanks!

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

OK guys its there, please pull tagged 'latest' and you should be back pretty much as it was (minus pyrocore).

Thanks for your work. For now I'm sticking with my conf as it's working.

It's strange that it works with a reverse proxy and not internaly....maybe something with the nginx conf ?

Ok, i give up :(

Still not working

Can i somehow get old release? like 2 days ago for example? 

Ok, i set VPN enabled to NO and webui come back. Probably everything was fine with the new container, but something wrong with PIA servers. I use Netherlands

Edited by J05u
44 minutes ago, J05u said:

Ok, i give up :(

Still not working

Can i somehow get old release? like 2 days ago for example? 

Ok, i set VPN enabled to NO and webui come back. Probably everything was fine with the new container, but something wrong with PIA servers. I use Netherlands

Entering this in your Repository field should get you back to the last stable release:

binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:rtorrent-ps-1.1.r54.ga787dd9-1-28

• Thanks 1
  • binhex locked this topic