[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN


Recommended Posts

Anyone else having issues with the Binhex rtorrentvpn (or any of the Binhex vpn containers) suddenly being unable to resolve PIA? All of a sudden, traffic on my containers dropped to 0, and I've been receiving the following error:
 
2021-11-07 02:41:10,532 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error

 
This always results in the container giving up and quitting its connection attempts.
 
Is there anyone else that's been running into this kind of issue?
 
EDIT to add: There have been no changes to my Internet service or network configuration. My PIA account is still valid and credentials are accurate.
 
EDIT again to add: So it looks like, for some reason, the PIA DNS servers are not being appended to /etc/resolv.conf when my Binhex containers start. Can't figure out why not, as the containers are running privileged.

There are issues with pia DNS, change name_servers to exclude them and it should work.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
1 hour ago, daviddam said:

This may be a silly question, but how do you update the name_servers?

simply left click and select 'edit' for the container, go down to NAME_SERVERS and set the value to the following:-

84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

apply the change.

Link to comment

I'm having an issue where the binhex-rtorrentvpn container fails to restart and will not respond to STOP or KILL. It even blocks stopping the Unraid array or restarting the server gracefully. This happens about every other month and I can't figure out why.

 

I usually find out because the GUI is not responding.

 

2021-11-11 13:15:41,950 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2021/11/11 13:15:41 [error] 4896#4896: *2477 upstream timed out (110: Unknown error) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.20.127, server: localhost, request: "GET /php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "10.10.20.100:9181", referrer: "http://10.10.20.100:9181/"


2021-11-11 13:16:53,790 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '30168'

2021-11-11 13:17:40,840 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2021-11-11 13:17:40,841 DEBG killing watchdog-script (pid 222) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:40,841 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, rutorrent-script, shutdown-script, start-script, watchdog-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:41,842 DEBG fd 31 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151549104 for <Subprocess at 22489151546752 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:41,842 DEBG fd 35 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151549152 for <Subprocess at 22489151546752 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 INFO stopped: watchdog-script (terminated by SIGTERM)
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 DEBG killing start-script (pid 218) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG fd 26 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151548720 for <Subprocess at 22489151546560 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG fd 30 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151548576 for <Subprocess at 22489151546560 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 INFO stopped: start-script (terminated by SIGTERM)
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:42,846 DEBG killing shutdown-script (pid 217) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:42,846 DEBG 'shutdown-script' stdout output:
[info] Initialising shutdown of process(es) 'nginx: master process,^/usr/bin/rtorrent' ...

2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151547808 for <Subprocess at 22489151546176 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151547856 for <Subprocess at 22489151546176 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 INFO exited: rutorrent-script (exit status 0; expected)
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:43,912 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:46,915 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:49,918 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die

 

Link to comment

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

 

I've been getting this message for the past few hours and can't access the webui or start the container. Is this a PIA issue?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, TrCl said:

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

 

I've been getting this message for the past few hours and can't access the webui or start the container. Is this a PIA issue?

I'm having the same issue. happened when I recreated the container this morning.

Link to comment

I saw it is an issue in PIA-FOSS on GITHUB and that is corrected in the master branch

 

it should work if it tries to pull the token from https://WWW.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken instead of https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken


their connexion script was updated, i dont know how fast can binex intagrate this change to the image.


https://github.com/pia-foss/manual-connections/issues/137

Edited by reftek
  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, reftek said:

I saw it is an issue in PIA-FOSS on GITHUB and that is corrected in the master branch

 

it should work if it tries to pull the token from https://WWW.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken instead of https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken


their connexion script was updated, i dont know how fast can binex intagrate this change to the image.


https://github.com/pia-foss/manual-connections/issues/137

Looks like it's working for me now. just within the past couple minutes it started working again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Just moved back to PIA (Black Friday) and I am following the Wireguard guide and I have everything working for Deluge

But for some reason rTorrent just dosent want to startup?

 

I have checked that the ports are open (Same as before) and I have enabled debug.

Also tried to re-install the docker and removed the App data

Error Log:

Quote

2021-11-26 23:10:29,752 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for rTorrent process to start
[debug] Re-check in 1 secs...
[debug] 3 retries left

2021-11-26 23:10:30,756 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for rTorrent process to start
[debug] Re-check in 1 secs...
[debug] 2 retries left

2021-11-26 23:10:31,760 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for rTorrent process to start
[debug] Re-check in 1 secs...
[debug] 1 retries left

2021-11-26 23:10:32,764 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries

2021-11-26 23:10:32,764 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Failed to start rTorrent, skipping initialisation of ruTorrent Plugins...
[debug] VPN incoming port is 50344
[debug] rTorrent incoming port is 50344
[debug] VPN IP is 10.14.238.230
[debug] rTorrent IP is 0.0.0.0
 

 

Tried to change so many things (I was sure I could get this working, if I just kept trying LOL)

 

image.thumb.png.7061f68dc634ff1bff6d49f875d59997.png

image.thumb.png.0adf8ad7ba8c7d25e4f1c0e690e9f401.png

image.thumb.png.a6dd5a7c49ca64205259f71237759d6b.png

 

 

Link to comment

I have tried changing the NAME SERVERS from

209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

To:

84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

 

Still cant start it....tried binhex-qbittorrentvpn and that also works just not rTorrent?

 

Update: I have them all on my "Proxynet" and only the binhex-privoxyvpn on "Bridge"

(I have 5 PIA licenses but I cant run Deluge & privoxyvpn at the same time?

 

My ports for the rTorrent is matching the ones on the docker:

image.thumb.png.46fbf21a11f5baac9c4eeb57df73d469.png

Docker:

image.thumb.png.b3438071cb675521614e17b141691a83.png

 

I can also see that the wg0.conf is generated !

Anyone have any input to what I am doing wrong? 🙂

 

Logfile:

Quote

2021-11-27 11:07:20,401 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for rTorrent process to start
[debug] Re-check in 1 secs...
[debug] 2 retries left

2021-11-27 11:07:21,406 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for rTorrent process to start
[debug] Re-check in 1 secs...
[debug] 1 retries left

2021-11-27 11:07:22,410 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for rTorrent process to start aborted, too many retries

2021-11-27 11:07:22,410 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Failed to start rTorrent, skipping initialisation of ruTorrent Plugins...
[debug] VPN incoming port is 49184
[debug] rTorrent incoming port is 49184
[debug] VPN IP is 10.1.204.252
[debug] rTorrent IP is 0.0.0.0

 

I did try to add the above port:49184 but that didnt work either

Edited by casperse
Link to comment

Hi, I'm having some issues with binhex-rtorrentvpn. Torrents gets added downloaded etc fine, BUT every step is excruciatingly slow. I think it all started somewhere around when i got a corrupted USB and had to use a month old backup before this I've only had minor problems with good speeds and such. All other containers and VM's seems to work fine.

 

Sometimes it takes a long time for it to even show up in the webui, then it takes a long time to even start downloading. it seems to encounter several timeouts when it suddenly just stops downloading for a few minutes then resumes, this happening sometimes multiple times during downloading of one torrent.  UI seems to freeze I see download speed stuck at 21 MiB/s but no progress on the torrent in question.

 

Torrents that should take ~15min can take hours to download.

I've tried downloading from several different trackers with well seeded torrents, but the problem is the same

I'm running Unraid 6.9.2, latest binhex-rtorrentvpn using PIA with openvpn. 


I have since installed binhex-delugevpn using basically the same openvpn settings having zero problems and great speed.

 

I've deleted rtorrent.rc then restarted, to make sure nothing i put in there made it slow down.

 

Problems still stayed after a update of the docker container

 

I've got 1500 torrents many still seeding, is this a problem is this making it slow down?

 

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

 

supervisord - Copy.log

Edited by Corwin
Link to comment

Hey, first of all thank you for the work on this, I love this. I'm running it on unraid without issue, it's been great.

 

I have a second install on a VPS which I'm trying to figure out. Currently the issue I'm having is with accessing rutorrent. I start the docker and it shows as bound to 0.0.0.0:ports but I can't access it. The only way I've been able to get at is through an ssh tunnel. If I ssh tunnel myself into my vps and access it at 127.0.0.1:9080 I get in. I'm assuming this is some kind of routing or iptables issue. The VPS is Debian and it doesn't really have a "LAN" address. The only IP I see is my external routable IP which I access the VPS through. What is the significance of the "LAN" setting on this container? And would anyone have any idea what I might have to configure it to in this case?

 

Thank you!

 

EDIT: I actually figured it out finally. In the docker run command I had to change the default -p 9443:9443 to -p 0.0.0.0:9443:9443. Apparently this is pretty common where you have to explicitly tell it to bind to 0.0.0.0 instead of its default which is 127.0.0.1.

Edited by doubleopinter
Link to comment
3 hours ago, doubleopinter said:

Hey, first of all thank you for the work on this, I love this. I'm running it on unraid without issue, it's been great.

 

I have a second install on a VPS which I'm trying to figure out. Currently the issue I'm having is with accessing rutorrent. I start the docker and it shows as bound to 0.0.0.0:ports but I can't access it. The only way I've been able to get at is through an ssh tunnel. If I ssh tunnel myself into my vps and access it at 127.0.0.1:9080 I get in. I'm assuming this is some kind of routing or iptables issue. The VPS is Debian and it doesn't really have a "LAN" address. The only IP I see is my external routable IP which I access the VPS through. What is the significance of the "LAN" setting on this container? And would anyone have any idea what I might have to configure it to in this case?

 

Thank you!

Maybe check out Q2: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Link to comment

Question for you all-

 

I am trying to set up Mylar, a community docker designed to fetch comics.

It's designed to tie into various torrent and sabnzbd clients to perform downloads.

 

I am trying to set it up with this rtorrent container, but have not been able to figure out the required configuration.

I have confirmed that both rpc and httpprpc are enabled in the rtorrent webUI, but don't see any settings there to configure them.

 

I've tried a variety of combinations of settings in the Mylar settings (see image) with no success.
Using RPC2 on the webui port I get 401 Unauthorized, even with credential filled in.

Using httprpc I get 404 Not Found regardless of how I form the request.

 

Can anyone provide guidance on how to configure either rtorrent or Mylar to make this work?

 

image.png.66fec26d2a652b557af9e6eafb554665.png

Link to comment
2021/11/29 14:09:47 [error] 26567#26567: *910 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "scgi://127.0.0.1:5000", host: "192.168.1.163:9090"

 

My WebUI is quite slow and and the logs show the above error. CPU usage and mem usage are minimal.... whats wrong? 

Edited by slyk
Link to comment
On 11/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, casperse said:

I have tried changing the NAME SERVERS from

209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

To:

84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

 

Still cant start it....tried binhex-qbittorrentvpn and that also works just not rTorrent?

 

Update: I have them all on my "Proxynet" and only the binhex-privoxyvpn on "Bridge"

(I have 5 PIA licenses but I cant run Deluge & privoxyvpn at the same time?

 

My ports for the rTorrent is matching the ones on the docker:

image.thumb.png.46fbf21a11f5baac9c4eeb57df73d469.png

Docker:

image.thumb.png.b3438071cb675521614e17b141691a83.png

 

I can also see that the wg0.conf is generated !

Anyone have any input to what I am doing wrong? 🙂

 

Logfile:

 

I did try to add the above port:49184 but that didnt work either

Almost ready to give up and move on to another solution but I must admit I have most trust on Binhex and the security built in these dockers...Can anyone give any input on why this isnt working? Cheers

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, RoachBot said:

I'm having an issue where the binhex-rtorrentvpn container fails to restart and will not respond to STOP or KILL. It even blocks stopping the Unraid array or restarting the server gracefully. This happens about every other month and I can't figure out why.

 

I usually find out because the GUI is not responding.

 

2021-11-11 13:15:41,950 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2021/11/11 13:15:41 [error] 4896#4896: *2477 upstream timed out (110: Unknown error) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.20.127, server: localhost, request: "GET /php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "10.10.20.100:9181", referrer: "http://10.10.20.100:9181/"


2021-11-11 13:16:53,790 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '30168'

2021-11-11 13:17:40,840 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2021-11-11 13:17:40,841 DEBG killing watchdog-script (pid 222) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:40,841 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, rutorrent-script, shutdown-script, start-script, watchdog-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:41,842 DEBG fd 31 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151549104 for <Subprocess at 22489151546752 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:41,842 DEBG fd 35 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151549152 for <Subprocess at 22489151546752 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 INFO stopped: watchdog-script (terminated by SIGTERM)
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:41,843 DEBG killing start-script (pid 218) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG fd 26 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151548720 for <Subprocess at 22489151546560 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG fd 30 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151548576 for <Subprocess at 22489151546560 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 INFO stopped: start-script (terminated by SIGTERM)
2021-11-11 13:17:42,845 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:42,846 DEBG killing shutdown-script (pid 217) with signal SIGTERM
2021-11-11 13:17:42,846 DEBG 'shutdown-script' stdout output:
[info] Initialising shutdown of process(es) 'nginx: master process,^/usr/bin/rtorrent' ...

2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151547808 for <Subprocess at 22489151546176 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22489151547856 for <Subprocess at 22489151546176 with name rutorrent-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 INFO exited: rutorrent-script (exit status 0; expected)
2021-11-11 13:17:42,910 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-11-11 13:17:43,912 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:46,915 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die
2021-11-11 13:17:49,918 INFO waiting for logrotate-script, shutdown-script to die

 

 

 

I was having similar errors and the GUI would go down, seems to nginx or php failing within the container itself. I found by restarting php-fpm the GUI starts working again:

/usr/bin/php-fpm --pid '/home/nobody/php-fpm.pid'

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.