binhex

[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

1809 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 11/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, CellDweller said:

Can someone give me some advice about how to handle rtorrent with use of the autotools move option? I changed rtorrent.rc with a folder to put new downloads in, and configured autotools to move torrents after they are completed. With the options "add torrent's label in path"  and "add torrent's name to path" enabled. This is working fine, torrents are downloaded to /data/torrents/incoming. And after there are done they get moved to /data/torrents/completed/{label name}/{torrent name}. Just the way i want it to, nice!

However, when i restart the rtorrentvpn docker, it "resets" all the save path's of all the torrents already done. While the data is still in the "completed" folder, rtorrent is looking in the "incomplete" folder and cannot find the data. This causes rtorrent to stop seeding which i do not want.

I already did some search on google and here on the forums, but i'm not yet on the right path to fix this problem. Anyone?

I'm having a similar issue, trying to configure the autolabel and unpack plugins.  After restarting sometimes the settings are there, other times they are blank.

Do these features need to be setup in the config file?

Edited by kbbeer

10 hours ago, kbbeer said:

I'm having a similar issue, trying to configure the autolabel and unpack plugins.  After restarting sometimes the settings are there, other times they are blank.

Do these features need to be setup in the config file?

I don't think so. I spend a couple of hours on this. Trying different settings and versions. I was trying to download something, let autotools do it's thing, try a reboot. I saw it failing, and did try again, and again, and again....

This changed last week when i downloaded something, but my girlfriend told me to come eat something. In early'er attempts there would not be more than ten or twenty minutes between the download and reboot. But i was away for a hour or so, did a reboot, and it worked like i should. For some reason i takes ages for rtorrent to update the session file. I did try the "rutorrent" container, that one looked like t was behaving better with this, although i did try that one for like 1 or 2 downloads. So not quite sure...

Decided to just go with it, because it should only reboot on a update, so not as often, most torrents would be for hours of days in rtorrent before an update. I thrown all my torrents (650 torrents, just shy of 12TB) into rtorrent, did a recheck, en hoped to roll with it. For the most part it works awesome. System load is minimal, and uploading goes great. Upload averages on 31TB each day, very nice.

However, i'm having troubles at this moment with sonarr/radarr. It can add torrents, but they "start" with error, without the configured "label", and no "added date". And when downloaded, sometimes they stop, and i cannot get them to start again... So i still have to check this manually en start the downloads them self... Going to investigate in the next couple of days, but i someone has some tips where to start looking, that would be great!

Hey, one question.

Given that I'm running in a more or less powerfull machine (R9 3900x, 64GB RAM), with plenty of resources, is there any settings/tweaks that can be done to increase the performance further? 

I'm currently sitting at 1700 torrents and sometimes I get timeouts, it seems that nginx can't handle it that well (even if rTorrent itself is a beast)

On 12/1/2019 at 6:36 AM, CellDweller said:

I don't think so. I spend a couple of hours on this. Trying different settings and versions. I was trying to download something, let autotools do it's thing, try a reboot. I saw it failing, and did try again, and again, and again....

What webuser are you using when logging into rutorrent?

I found that the default admin account has different settings than my custom made user account. This admin account is used during container startup, see below and here is the autotools code: https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/blob/97d5dc60febb9d8c6e5384a0a0d8fec3e4fa10cf/php/initplugins.php#L122

You can find autotools.dat in this confusing path inside config folder: \rtorrent\rutorrent\share\users\user\settings

@binhex I did find a container breaking bug related to the default admin user, when the WEBUI_USER is supplied and this initplugins line :

execute = {/bin/bash,-c,/usr/bin/sleep 10s && /usr/bin/php /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &}

It's is hardcoded as a default of 'admin' for the webuser, and also in /home/nobody/initplugins.sh uses 'admin'.

I'm not sure if it's a container bug or a rutorrent bug, but when that user is non-existent it breaks all downloads as I removed admin from my auth file, previously discussed in this thread.

I had removed the default admin account for security, and found my downloads all would download correctly, then fail when autotools tried to move them with a mysterious error that took a weekend to track down to the above lines.

The files would become filled with null bytes after the error, and I am glad I caught it before more files were destroyed.

Edited by jraid

1 hour ago, jraid said:

I found that the default admin account has different settings than my custom made user account. This admin account is used during container startup, see below and here is the autotools code: https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/blob/97d5dc60febb9d8c6e5384a0a0d8fec3e4fa10cf/php/initplugins.php#L122

You can find autotools.dat in this confusing path inside config folder: \rtorrent\rutorrent\share\users\user\settings

@binhex I did find a container breaking bug related to the default admin user and this initplugins line:

execute = {/bin/bash,-c,/usr/bin/sleep 10s && /usr/bin/php /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php admin &}

As the default is 'admin' for the webuser, and also in /home/nobody/initplugins.sh uses 'admin'. I'm not sure if it's a container bug or a rutorrent bug, but when that user is non-existent it breaks all downloads.

I had removed the default admin account for security, and found my downloads all would download correctly, then fail when autotools tried to move them with a mysterious error that took a weekend to track down to the above lines.

The files would become filled with null bytes after the error, and I am glad I caught it before more files were destroyed.

I did not bother making a other account for this, still using the default admin account. Although it is a good idea to change user i think. But being not really a "linux guy" i did not think about this yet. But using the default account, should i be affected by this, i think not? (Again, i am NOT a experienced Linux user)

54 minutes ago, CellDweller said:

I did not bother making a other account for this, still using the default admin account. Although it is a good idea to change user i think. But being not really a "linux guy" i did not think about this yet. But using the default account, should i be affected by this, i think not? (Again, i am NOT a experienced Linux user)

Yeah you should be fine with the default account, it was just a thought as mine broke when I changed users and the default config remained the same.

Not sure what your issue is then, but take alook at autotools.dat and see if it matches the GUI settings?

Edited by jraid

10 hours ago, jraid said:

@binhex I did find a container breaking bug related to the default admin user, when the WEBUI_USER is supplied and this initplugins line :

thanks for this, i see the correction that needs to be made.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, jraid said:

It's is hardcoded as a default of 'admin' for the webuser, and also in /home/nobody/initplugins.sh uses 'admin'.

I'm not sure if it's a container bug or a rutorrent bug, but when that user is non-existent it breaks all downloads as I removed admin from my auth file, previously discussed in this thread.

Should the autotools.dat file be saved after restarting the container or does it need to be created from scratch each time?

3 hours ago, kbbeer said:

Should the autotools.dat file be saved after restarting the container or does it need to be created from scratch each time?

The UI should save to that file, and read from it on every container start. 

The error may be somewhere in that interaction, and starting from scratch might help solve it. This would include removing or renaming the file so it's recreated the next time, setting the options in rutorrent, and hopefully they appear in the file and load correctly upon a restart.
Not sure why it would only happen some of time if the web user is always the same.