binhex

[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

2254 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just now, binhex said:

thats all ive done.

In your plugins tab on the web ui, does it say "mobile" is "loaded" or "not loaded"?

Just now, ritty said:

In your plugins tab on the web ui, does it say "mobile" is "loaded" or "not loaded"?

it says not loaded, because this is a web ui i think it loads on demand, so only when a mobile device is connected.

Just now, binhex said:

it says not loaded, because this is a web ui i think it loads on demand, so only when a mobile device is connected.

Okay thanks Binhex. I will keep trying I guess and try to figure out what else is going on. Appreciate the help!

One last thing: after i delete the 'mobile' folder and restart the container. When i go to the plugins tab, 'mobile' is still there. Is there a way i can delete that out of the plugins tab? I feel like a complete refresh would help the situation.

I already tried deleting the "rutorrent" folder then reloading the container and the mobile plugin still shows up in the web ui which is weird.

16 minutes ago, ritty said:

One last thing: after i delete the 'mobile' folder and restart the container. When i go to the plugins tab, 'mobile' is still there. Is there a way i can delete that out of the plugins tab? I feel like a complete refresh would help the situation.

I already tried deleting the "rutorrent" folder then reloading the container and the mobile plugin still shows up in the web ui which is weird.

easiest way is to go to unraid webui/docker/left click icon and edit, change a value of something then change it back and click apply, this will re-create the container.

I figured it out. It's because I block port 80 on my router but keep 443 open for my domain/nginx. For some reason when i load the webui outside my home network, it does not load the mobile plugin but when i load it from inside, it works. Very strange but at least i figured out the issue.

Thanks Binhex.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ritty said:

I figured it out. It's because I block port 80 on my router but keep 443 open for my domain/nginx. For some reason when i load the webui outside my home network, it does not load the mobile plugin but when i load it from inside, it works. Very strange but at least i figured out the issue.

Thanks Binhex.

Actually, it might be an issue with nginx now that im investigating more. Regardless, i got it figured.

If anybody else has an issue where they cannot see rtorrent via reverse proxy with a phone, disable the extsearch plugin. Took awhile to figure that one out. Hope it helps somebody else! :)

Edited by ritty

I still seem to be getting constant Web GUI freezes :( Do we know of any updates in relation to this?

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2020 at 10:28 PM, puncho said:

Hi, I just switched from your delugevpn to rtorrentvpn. Thanks for both these great containers. I copied the openvpn files from deluge to rtorrent. I'm able to get to the webui and download a torrent, however I don't believe privoxy is working. On my desktop, I'm using Chrome and the foxyproxy extension to access unraid/rtorrentvpn to connect to certain torrent sites but am unable to connect. Is there a way to check if it's working? I've included my logs below, thank you!

Any idea on where to start with this? Thanks :)

Edited by puncho

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, puncho said:

Any idea on where to start with this? Thanks :)

Privoxy is starting fine at port 8118. Make sure to expose that port (e.g., -p 8118:8118 if you are using docker CLI) and then configure your end machine to use the host's IP address and port 8118. No need for FoxyProxy, Chrome / OS settings work fine.

You can check that it's working on http://config.privoxy.org/

Edited by Cat_Seeder

Posted (edited)

Is there anybody that recognizes this error?

2020-05-03 23:25:05,587 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 325
PHP Notice: Undefined index: requester in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 326

It came after I cancelled a creation of a torrent. Rutorrent died and could not start afterwards. 

Each time I try to access the web interface it comes up with this error:

2020/05/03 23:31:42 [error] 1567#1567: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 325PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: requester in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 326PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in
2020/05/03 23:31:42 [error] 1567#1567: *1 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.11.23, server: localhost, request: "GET /php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "10.0.11.205:9080", referrer: "http://10.0.11.205:9080/"

**** EDIT ****

I played around a bit and removed everything from the catalog /binhex-rtorrentvpn/rutorrent/share/users/admin/settings/tasks/ under APPDATA

It was filled with directories with names such as 15885367825eaf25ce088530.58325658 that looks like temporary directories for tasks with e.g. the created .torrent files, result files etc.

After removing it all the web interface worked again.

Edited by RecycledBits
Found solution

I have been using PIA with the docker image and it has been going well so fine. But recently I have noticed (since I updated the docker image recently or not sure if this is due to PIA) that my port forward status keeps going red (port closed) after about a few hours since the container started. 

Is this normal? Or is this something on the PIA side where they keep closing an open port after a while?

I've been noticing torrents that are being added through couch potato maybe 40% of the time add in a stopped state. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Is there anyone else facing an issue where the port status is unknown?  I haven't changed anything and all-of-a-sudden it has gone back to that.

No VPN and I've confirmed port-forwarding is working.

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

Is there anyone else facing an issue where the port status is unknown?  I haven't changed anything and all-of-a-sudden it has gone back to that.

Thanks in advance.

Same here. Having the same issue. Are you using PIA as VPN?

2 hours ago, Alias said:

Same here. Having the same issue. Are you using PIA as VPN?

Neither.  Just using my own internet.

14 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

Thanks in advance.

this will probably be due to the website that the rutorrent plugin uses to do the incoming port check being down, if it shows as yellow triangle then the status is unknown, this does NOT necessarily mean that the incoming port is not accessible.

so either the website that the plugin uses will come back online and thus the indicator will work again, or the developer of the plugin will need to use another site to do the check against.

Hi, posted a while ago about rtorrent pinning a random thread at 100% usage. GUI completly locks up. Still havent managed to sort this, seems to only do it when im downloading. Have a thread ripper 1920x. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be great.

14 hours ago, binhex said:

this will probably be due to the website that the rutorrent plugin uses to do the incoming port check being down, if it shows as yellow triangle then the status is unknown, this does NOT necessarily mean that the incoming port is not accessible.

so either the website that the plugin uses will come back online and thus the indicator will work again, or the developer of the plugin will need to use another site to do the check against.

Great.  Thanks for the quick response.  Has it been reported to the owner of the site?

Great.  Thanks for the quick response.  Has it been reported to the owner of the site?
No idea, I don't even know what site the plugin uses, you would need to look at the source code for the plugin to figure that out first

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm getting a strange issue after pulling the latest image. I made an issue on github as well but this forum seems to be more active.

Essentially, I get two fatal errors on startup and then the container hangs after starting OpenVPN. Doesn't even seem to try and start rtorrent and gets stuck in a loop of timing out on the ping watchdog.

Here's where the two fatal errors pop up:

2020-05-17 11:34:10,420 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load tun kernel module...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,421 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-96-generic

2020-05-17 11:34:10,421 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,422 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/tun.ko: No such file or directory

2020-05-17 11:34:10,423 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module, assuming its dynamically loaded

2020-05-17 11:34:10,429 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load iptable_mangle module...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,430 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-96-generic

2020-05-17 11:34:10,431 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,431 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

2020-05-17 11:34:10,432 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN

I've attached the full (sanitized) startup log to the post as well.

This is using the same exact startup command that I've been using for months with zero issues. I didn't change any config, just pulled the latest image and re-created the container.

docker run -d \
    --restart unless-stopped \
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
    -p 7080:9080 \
    -p 7443:9443 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    --name=tdrs-rt \
    -v /media/RomeoBravo/tdrs-rt:/data \
    -v /home/papkee/docker-seedbox/rtorrent/config:/config \
    -v /home/papkee/docker-seedbox/rtorrent/themes:/usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/theme/themes \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_PROV=custom \
    -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no \
    -e ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI=no \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2=yes \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes \
    -e ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=yes \
    -e RPC2_USER=<> \
    -e RPC2_PASS=<> \
    -e WEBUI_USER=<> \
    -e WEBUI_PASS=<> \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 \
    -e DEBUG=false\
    -e PHP_TZ=America/Chicago \
    -e UMASK=002 \
    -e PUID=1003 \
    -e PGID=1003 \
    binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn

Help would be appreciated. I tried deleting all local images of the container and re-pulling everything, but I get the same result either way.

binhex startup failure.txt

15 hours ago, papkee said:

I'm getting a strange issue after pulling the latest image. I made an issue on github as well but this forum seems to be more active.

Essentially, I get two fatal errors on startup and then the container hangs after starting OpenVPN. Doesn't even seem to try and start rtorrent and gets stuck in a loop of timing out on the ping watchdog.

Here's where the two fatal errors pop up:

2020-05-17 11:34:10,420 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load tun kernel module...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,421 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-96-generic

2020-05-17 11:34:10,421 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,422 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/tun.ko: No such file or directory

2020-05-17 11:34:10,423 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module, assuming its dynamically loaded

2020-05-17 11:34:10,429 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load iptable_mangle module...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,430 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-96-generic

2020-05-17 11:34:10,431 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2020-05-17 11:34:10,431 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

2020-05-17 11:34:10,432 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN

I've attached the full (sanitized) startup log to the post as well.

This is using the same exact startup command that I've been using for months with zero issues. I didn't change any config, just pulled the latest image and re-created the container.

docker run -d \
    --restart unless-stopped \
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
    -p 7080:9080 \
    -p 7443:9443 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    --name=tdrs-rt \
    -v /media/RomeoBravo/tdrs-rt:/data \
    -v /home/papkee/docker-seedbox/rtorrent/config:/config \
    -v /home/papkee/docker-seedbox/rtorrent/themes:/usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/theme/themes \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_PROV=custom \
    -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no \
    -e ENABLE_AUTODL_IRSSI=no \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2=yes \
    -e ENABLE_RPC2_AUTH=yes \
    -e ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH=yes \
    -e RPC2_USER=<> \
    -e RPC2_PASS=<> \
    -e WEBUI_USER=<> \
    -e WEBUI_PASS=<> \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 \
    -e DEBUG=false\
    -e PHP_TZ=America/Chicago \
    -e UMASK=002 \
    -e PUID=1003 \
    -e PGID=1003 \
    binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn

Help would be appreciated. I tried deleting all local images of the container and re-pulling everything, but I get the same result either way.

binhex startup failure.txt 10.48 kB · 2 downloads

the snipet above and the txt file attached are not full logs, i will need you to do the following to identify the issue:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Turns out it was either a permissions issue, a vpn config issue, or a combination of the two.

I re-downloaded my mullvad config files, and made sure everything in the config directory had the correct permissions for the UID/PID of the container to access it. Starts up fine now.

Posted (edited)

Somehow I've locked my web gui up.  I was fixing the ipmangle error and got it resolved.  But now I can't log in remotely on my reverse proxy.  It works fine when I open the IP directly.  Here are some logs:

Any ideas on what I messed up?

Edited by EC28