Dolphin/Krusader docker help

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me why when I start to move files/folders in krusader from one share in disk 1 to another share in disk 2 it really doesn't move the files/folders.

A new window is open, I see the move is in action, the files/folders get moved from one window to the other in seconds, but I was moving a 4TB disk. It's like when you move one file/folder within de same disk.

I'm now trying with mc and it will last 18h.

Thankyou

Gus

If you're moving from a disk to the array "/mnt/user/share" then it just moves the assignment on the array but doesn't move the data. If you move /disk1/ to /disk2/ it will actually move the data.

Thankyou @METDeath but I'm a newbee in linux and there are a lot of things to understand.

I'm doing the same using mc from mnt/usr/share1_on_disk_1 to mnt/usr/share2_on_disk_2 and it's moving the files/folders not the assignment.

If you move /disk1/ to /disk2/ it will actually move the data.

Sorry but what will be the exact path to copy those files/folders?

I have a share1 on disk1 and a share2 on disk2?

Thankyou

Gus

Sorry but what will be the exact path to copy those files/folders?

I have a share1 on disk1 and a share2 on disk2?

SOLVED:

If you have mapped /UNRAID to /mnt

The correct path would be:

/UNRAID/DISK1/SHARE1 to /UNRAID/DISK2/SHARE2

but I had to stop/start the ARRAY because SHARE2 was not seen.

Gus

Yes, sorry, I am used to referring to them from the native Midnight Commander "mc" via an SSH terminal. So refer to them in their absolute paths in unRAID. When I said /diskx/ it would be /mnt/diskx/ for unRAID but with the Docker then it would depend on what you send to the docker, I myself send /mnt/ so it is "/UNRAID/diskx/"

The /mnt/user/ and /mnt/user0/ folders are the array and how unRAID does it drive spanning magic.

So as an example that assumes using the native unRAID paths. Say I download some files via FTP to a share that is mounted in the array. We will call this path "/mnt/user/newmedia/", to properly move stuff to array I have to make sure I copy/move it from "/mnt/disk#/newmedia/" to "/mnt/user/TV/[show name]/[season]/" then the file gets moved to the cache and written to the array per your share settings.

If you copy/move the file from  "/mnt/user/newmedia/" to "/mnt/user/TV/[show name]/[season]/" then it won't actually move the file and will instead create a folder on the drive and place the file in that folder. The only reason I notice this behavior was when I was moving files from the "newmedia" share to the correct TV/Movie share and when checking the shares calculated space that they showed up on drives they were not supposed to be on.

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I have a couple issues with the Dolphin Docker.

How to disable the Trash or map it outside the Docker? When I delete large folders, the trash fills up the docker image.

How can I change the IP/interface that it uses? (instead of 127.0.0.1 ->5901) Once I multihomed my server, Dolphin fails to connect. I would also like to bind it to only one interface for security reasons.

Is it possible to password protect access to Dolphin? Or change the user that Dolphin runs as?

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2016 at 6:11 AM, METDeath said:

On both of these, if I start a copy/move operation and click... well anything. The transfer status window goes away, how do I get it back?

Found this CTRL+SHIFT+ALT Guacamole commando, which gives you a window in the browser with an option to enable an on-screen keyboard, for ALT-TAB-ing to the transfer status window. I hope this will be appreciated that I added this to this post as it is the first search result about this subject and I am rather inexperienced in posting onto this forum. 

(First post! me NOOB! ?)

It would be nice to have some sort of window switcher inside the (not sure here) browser window or into Krusader itself to click on. I would not know who to ask. SparklyBalls? Krusader devs? Does anyone have a suggestion?

I only just tried out Krusader, hoping for a better experience than with the old Midnight Commander,  and have no idea what Dolphin is. Except for a Nintendo simulator, but I am sure that's not the case. ?

Edited by Ymetro
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:15 AM, Ymetro said:

Found this CTRL+SHIFT+ALT Guacamole commando, which gives you a window in the browser with an option to enable an on-screen keyboard, for ALT-TAB-ing to the transfer status window. I hope this will be appreciated that I added this to this post as it is the first search result about this subject and I am rather inexperienced in posting onto this forum. 

(First post! me NOOB! ?)

It would be nice to have some sort of window switcher inside the (not sure here) browser window or into Krusader itself to click on. I would not know who to ask. SparklyBalls? Krusader devs? Does anyone have a suggestion?

I only just tried out Krusader, hoping for a better experience than with the old Midnight Commander,  and have no idea what Dolphin is. Except for a Nintendo simulator, but I am sure that's not the case. ?

Very helpful! Seeing as I was just checking if there was any progress on this very issue, and found my old thread!