[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

I just did it now to be sure, but still the same errors.

I had rebooted, and removed\reinstalled the USB Tuner previously.

I guess I will just have to wait and hope they fix the kernel.

Thanks again,

Wob

One other thing, have you tried powering down your server then restarting it, I did read somewhere it needs a "cold" boot.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I just did it now to be sure, but still the same errors.

I had rebooted, and removed\reinstalled the USB Tuner previously.

I guess I will just have to wait and hope they fix the kernel.

Thanks again,

Wob

Wob, this is one last test build using the .config from the RC3 release, kind of a last ditch effort....

If you'd like to test it, you can download it here, just replace bzroot, bzimage, bzimage-gui on your flash drive.  If you still need to revert to RC3 afterwards then you can do that via the plugin normally.

Then it has to be something that has changed in the kernel.

Problem with the stick you have is that a lot of manufacturers use that chip and their implementation may not be 100% compliant.

I also have just realised that the CrazyCat TBS drivers also contain a lot of none TBS drivers so that may be worth a shot....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

No joy with CrazyCat TBS..

Aug 30 10:18:44 TheBox kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'Afatech AF9015 DVB-T USB2.0 stick' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Aug 30 10:18:44 TheBox kernel: usb 4-1: Direct firmware load for dvb-usb-af9015.fw failed with error -2
Aug 30 10:18:44 TheBox kernel: dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file. (dvb-usb-af9015.fw) Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on firmware-problems. (-2)
Aug 30 10:18:44 TheBox kernel: dvb_usb_af9015: probe of 4-1:1.0 failed with error -2
Aug 30 10:18:44 TheBox kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015

Thanks anyway, I'll just wait and see if a kernal patch fixes the issue, I don't use the tuner much, so not a huge issue.

Whet bulid i need to use?

No idea, that's up to you to find out, but I'd guess the LibreELEC one.  You need to make sure that whatever adaptor you use is compatible with Linux.  And I'd recommend either a TBS adapter or one that is found in the Linux kernel.

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230

Thanks for the quick reply - already purchased it - I 'll try to use in TBS or LibreELEC - i can replace in your system to TBS or  LibreELEC?

RC5 LibreELEC, TBS CrazyCat, TBS DVB-S/T, TBS DVB-C, and Digital Devices all uploaded.

Digital Devices have updated their github with a new release.  They never merged my PR, but they may have fixed the issues piotrasd was seeing previously so I've built using their github release.  If it still causes problems then I'll do a rebuild with my older patched version.

• Squid locked this topic