[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

I've a bit of a strange question here, as nothing I ever do seems to like everyone else!

I've currently got 3x TBS cards.

1x TBS 6205 - Quad DVBS/2 card

2x TBS 6985 - Quad DBVT/C card.

Now, these are currently in use in my TV server, which I'm about to virtualise within unRAID, however, in my setup, one of the DVBT/C cards is set for DVBT2 usage via UK Freeview (OTA transmissions) and the other is set with DVBC.

Is it possible within these builds to have one DVBT/C card as a DVBT tuner and the other as a DVBC tuner? Or, would I be best just creating a Windows 10 VM and mirroring my current TV Server setup?

Thanks in advance.

I don't quite remember how it is, but do you need to have one build if you want dvb-c and another if you want dvb-t? If that is the case, you might want to go with the win 10 VM.

I'll look into it later today if I get time, so CHBMB can enjoy his French wine in peace  ;D

I don't quite remember how it is, but do you need to have one build if you want dvb-c and another if you want dvb-t? If that is the case, you might want to go with the win 10 VM.

I'll look into it later today if I get time, so CHBMB can enjoy his French wine in peace  ;D

That's how I understood it. If you can do it, great, but please don't go out of your way to do it.

It was more of a wondering so I could try out TVHeadend in a Docker.

I've a bit of a strange question here, as nothing I ever do seems to like everyone else!

I've currently got 3x TBS cards.

1x TBS 6205 - Quad DVBS/2 card

2x TBS 6985 - Quad DBVT/C card.

Now, these are currently in use in my TV server, which I'm about to virtualise within unRAID, however, in my setup, one of the DVBT/C cards is set for DVBT2 usage via UK Freeview (OTA transmissions) and the other is set with DVBC.

Is it possible within these builds to have one DVBT/C card as a DVBT tuner and the other as a DVBC tuner? Or, would I be best just creating a Windows 10 VM and mirroring my current TV Server setup?

Thanks in advance.

hey Johnny G.,

i guess you mixed up the numbers for the TBS cards, or?

the 6502 is the DVB-T2/C card and the 6985 is the DVB-S2 one. i write here, to clear up your usage and therefore maybe driver related questions/answers from CHBMB.

did i understand it correct, that you want to use one (of 2) 6205 cards for DVC-C and the other for DVB-T2 and then the only one 6985 for DVB-S2? if so, then we would have driver wise a complete separation of DVB-protocols – each card would only have to handle one DVB-protocal at a time.

maybe this gives more insight for CHBMB and the necessary driver compiling/usage.

greets,

oliver

You could in theory run one card natively in Unraid with DVB-T and another in a Linux VM with DVB-C and serve them both up to a docker of TVH with the minisatip docker installed on both Unraid and in the VM I guess.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

@Johnny

I think this is the best solution as TBS sucks at making drivers user friendly. So no mix of DVB-C and DVB-T using multiple cards of the same model.

Hi

Would it be possible to add drivers for the Black Gold BGT3620 twin DVB-T2 PCIe tuner card ?

I've tried the LibreElec media build which detected my USB DVT-T device but not the PCI-E Black Gold tuner.

I found reference to the linux drivers here:

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/BlackGold_BGT3620

That link references the CrazyCat build, you tried that one?

Doh! How did I not see that.

Have switched to crazycat and I can now see the adaptors, just re-configuring TVheadend now...

Hi

Would it be possible to add drivers for the Black Gold BGT3620 twin DVB-T2 PCIe tuner card ?

I've tried the LibreElec media build which detected my USB DVT-T device but not the PCI-E Black Gold tuner.

I found reference to the linux drivers here:

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/BlackGold_BGT3620

That link references the CrazyCat build, you tried that one?

Doh! How did I not see that.

Have switched to crazycat and I can now see the adaptors, just re-configuring TVheadend now...

Just to update on this, whilst the two DVT-T tuners on this card are found using the Craztcat drivers, and TVHeadend can see them fine, they won't actually tune into anything :-(

I have absolutely no way of debugging that at all, it's going to be up to you to scour logs and stuff I'm afraid.  Give me something to work with and I'll see if I can help.

I did look at the Blackgold stuff and their Linux drivers are over three years old so may well not be compatible with the kernel version we're running nowadays.  That's kind of the reason I only produce the builds I do, they're ones where the Linux support is good, well excepting Digital Devices who make some wonderful hardware but their Linux support has been a little lacklustre although their new open source drivers may change that.

Bottom line, DVB support in Linux is a bit of a mess, hence the need for so many different versions, and the manufacturers should bear the responsibility for this.

I have absolutely no way of debugging that at all, it's going to be up to you to scour logs and stuff I'm afraid.  Give me something to work with and I'll see if I can help.

I did look at the Blackgold stuff and their Linux drivers are over three years old so may well not be compatible with the kernel version we're running nowadays.  That's kind of the reason I only produce the builds I do, they're ones where the Linux support is good, well excepting Digital Devices who make some wonderful hardware but their Linux support has been a little lacklustre although their new open source drivers may change that.

Bottom line, DVB support in Linux is a bit of a mess, hence the need for so many different versions, and the manufacturers should bear the responsibility for this.

Sorry CHBMB, I was just updating to let others know that this device isn't working, I know it's not practical for you to support it (there's nothing at all in the logs of UR or TvHeadend).

I've been looking for an alternative device and was leaning towards this one: http://www.pctvsystems.com/Products/ProductsEuropeAsia/DVBTT2products/PCTVnanoStickT2/tabid/248/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

It seems to have good linux support, at least there are lots of people successfully using it on RPis with TVheadend. Do you have any idea if Unraid will support it?

Sorry CHBMB, I was just updating to let others know that this device isn't working, I know it's not practical for you to support it (there's nothing at all in the logs of UR or TvHeadend).

I've been looking for an alternative device and was leaning towards this one: http://www.pctvsystems.com/Products/ProductsEuropeAsia/DVBTT2products/PCTVnanoStickT2/tabid/248/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

It seems to have good linux support, at least there are lots of people successfully using it on RPis with TVheadend. Do you have any idea if Unraid will support it?

No need to apologise..  I wasn't being "off"  That does seem to have native kernel support, so in theory should work with any of the builds.  Here's a great resource for research.

One other thing I thought of with you BG stick, have you checked with it plugged into a different USB port/controller?

Ah that is a good resource. I've ordered the Nano-stick - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works.

The BlackGold is a PCI-E device so no USB port to swap. I did consider pushing it through to a Linux VM and experimenting with drivers there but then I remembered that I have a job and 5 week old baby :-)

Ah that is a good resource. I've ordered the Nano-stick - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works.

The BlackGold is a PCI-E device so no USB port to swap. I did consider pushing it through to a Linux VM and experimenting with drivers there but then I remembered that I have a job and 5 week old baby :-)

Just put the baby on mute when you get home from work...  ;)

Now we know what you're going to do...  ;D

Now we know what you're going to do...  ;D

Yep, that's my plan, you'll see a new file in my github repo.... baby_mute.sh

I can script it....  ;D

Just to say that the device in that link works great with the LibreElec driver base. Happily tuned into all the HD channels in the UK - Boom! *drops mic*

Just to say that the device in that link works great with the LibreElec driver base. Happily tuned into all the HD channels in the UK - Boom! *drops mic*

Glad to hear, think it should be me booming and dropping the mic...  ;)

• Squid locked this topic