[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Ah that is a good resource. I've ordered the Nano-stick - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works.

The BlackGold is a PCI-E device so no USB port to swap. I did consider pushing it through to a Linux VM and experimenting with drivers there but then I remembered that I have a job and 5 week old baby :-)

Just to say that the device in that link works great with the LibreElec driver base. Happily tuned into all the HD channels in the UK - Boom! *drops mic*

Glad to hear, think it should be me booming and dropping the mic...  ;)

OK, you do that, I'll burp the baby and change his nappy :-)

Ah that is a good resource. I've ordered the Nano-stick - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works.

The BlackGold is a PCI-E device so no USB port to swap. I did consider pushing it through to a Linux VM and experimenting with drivers there but then I remembered that I have a job and 5 week old baby :-)

Just to say that the device in that link works great with the LibreElec driver base. Happily tuned into all the HD channels in the UK - Boom! *drops mic*

Glad to hear, think it should be me booming and dropping the mic...  ;)

OK, you do that, I'll burp the baby and change his nappy :-)

I think I got the good end of that deal....  ;D

HI,

Wil there be a  Unraid 6.3.0-rc1 DVB Edition version ? ( want to test qemu version 2.7.0 )

I've just done this, going forward I will definitely be producing the stable builds, but I'm not commiting to doing every mainline build at the moment as it's a reasonable amount of work.  And mainline builds will be unsupported.  If they work they work, if they don't they don't in terms of DVB

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

Wil there be a  Unraid 6.3.0-rc1 DVB Edition version ? ( want to test qemu version 2.7.0 )

I've just done this, going forward I will definitely be producing the stable builds, but I'm not commiting to doing every mainline build at the moment as it's a reasonable amount of work.  And mainline builds will be unsupported.  If they work they work, if they don't they don't in terms of DVB

Hi CHBMB,

Sorry for the late feedback but I can confirm that Unraid 6.3.0-rc1 DVB Edition version is working with my setup  tvheadend/oscam/TB6281.

When there is a new RC is it possible to add the TBS drivers my self ?

It is possible to add the drivers yourself, by all means use the scripts I've created in my Unraid-DVB github repo.

You'll need to be familiar with selecting kernel options with make menuconfig.

Also variables.sh might need editing if there are newer versions of the drivers.

Basically you need two scripts kernel-compile.sh and one of the tbs .sh scripts

Run kernel compile first, select the appropriate make menuconfig options then run tbs.sh

Whole process takes about half an hour for one build on my system.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

As I've said in the thread, I'll keep doing the stable builds as they're released.  The mainline builds will be done on a when/if/maybe kind of timeline, whilst I think the new rapid releases of Unraid is a good thing, I'm not going to commit myself to the same thing as the moment.

As saarg says I'm currently away from home and my server is down so no way to do these at the moment.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

11011043_10102653960598650_3479975429297995321_o_1_.jpg

Builds uploaded for V6.2.2 for all versions.

V6.3 RC 2 & 3 LibreELEC and Digital Devices will shortly be uploaded.

None of the TBS versions either closed or open source will build correctly on the later kernel versions, I have let TBS know, in general they're quite responsive at getting these things sorted so once the drivers are fixed I'll produce the builds.

Reply from TBS...

Sorry our current driver do not support kernel 4.8 yet ,the latest kernel we support is kernel 4.7 .

For 4.8 support we will add later.

Thanks

Kind Regards

I have replied and asked for some sort of rough timescale...

Reply from TBS...

Sorry our current driver do not support kernel 4.8 yet ,the latest kernel we support is kernel 4.7 .

For 4.8 support we will add later.

Thanks

Kind Regards

I have replied and asked for some sort of rough timescale...

Next year before Christmas  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Still no reply from TBS regarding the closed source drivers not compiling on Linux kernel V4.8+

If you run a TBS device and want to try the newest Unraid RC versions then you may want to try the open source drivers, however, you may find that you need to start from scratch with TVheadend as the cards are presented in a slightly different way.

With the closed source drivers you choose whether to configure the card as DVB-T or DVB-C when you compile the drivers, hence the two different versions.  With the opensource drivers this is no longer necessary, you just enable the required card type in tvheadend.  Meaning one build for all versions....

6XgAuuS.png

So, TBS have released new closed source drivers and they compile fine on the the RC2 & RC3 4.8 kernel.  CrazyCat drivers no longer compile and I spoke to him last night and he's not continuing development of his original driver pack, concentrating now on the OS stuff.  I intend to carry on with the TBS closed source builds until V6.3 stable at which point I plan to just produce the open source TBS builds. 

This may require people to configure their TVHeadend, MythTV again as the cards are presented to the operating system in a different way so this is just a heads up.

Using my TBS6205 Quad Tuner as an example:

This is how the closed source (Official) DVB-S/T drivers present the cards to TVHeadEnd

4oex2YW.png

This is how the opensource TBS presents the cards to TVHeadEnd

6XgAuuS.png

Curiosity question;

Why do you need to update the plugin with every new release? Wouldn't it be better to suck in the available packages as, say, an XML list and use that to populate the dropdown list? Would avoid needing to update the plugin for every little version?

I'm sure there's a very good reason but lately I seem to be updating this plugin quite regularly  ;)

• Squid locked this topic