[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Hi CHBMB,

thanks for your reply.

I got it working again ... with some messing around.

TL;DR: The LibreELEC 6.3.5 build seems to be missing the "smipcie" kernel module

Long Version:

I compared the loaded kernel modules of the libreElec 6.3.4 and 6.3.5 build.

All the dvb related modules were not loaded.

Then I tried to load the missing kernel modules and it seems the 6.3.5 build is missing the smipcie module.

modprobe smipcie
modprobe: FATAL: Module smipcie not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.30-unRAID

https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DVB_SMIPCIE.html

Support for cards with SMI PCIe bridge: - DVBSky S950 V3 - DVBSky S952 V3 - DVBSky T9580 V3

since the TT S2 4200 is identical to to the DVBSky S952 V3 it makes sense that it doesn't work without this module.

I then tried different builds to see if the smipcie module is included in one of them so I could copy it...

The TBS (Open Source) 6.3.5 build includes the smipcie module but is missing the firmware files for the card.

Copying the smipcie.ko and "insmod smipcie" (also loading the dependencies first) didn't work. All the needed modules were loaded but for some reason the firmware didn't get loaded.

So i just copied the firmware to /boot/config, installed the TBS (Open Source) build and copy the firmware in the /boot/config/go script to /lib/firmware. Now its working again :), but not the preferred way to get it working i guess ;)

Hope this helps you to fix the LibreELEC build.

On 2016-9-6 at 2:10 PM, ProGEEK said:

Is there something wrong with RC5 ?

After updating to this build, my tuner card no longer works.

My card is a Hauppauge WinTV HVR400.

Shows up in lcpci as: Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23887/8 PCIe Broadcast Audio and Video Decoder with 3D Comb (rev 04)

It usually uses the cx23885 driver, but trying to load this driver results in: modprobe: FATAL: Module cx23885 not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.19-unRAID

Attached is what is seen from the admin panel both before and after update

lsmod from rc4

root@tower:~# lsmod | grep cx
cx23885               137839  1
altera_ci               7092  1 cx23885
tda18271               32424  3 cx23885
altera_stapl           20796  1 cx23885
videobuf2_dvb           3622  1 cx23885
m88ds3103              11175  1 cx23885
snd_pcm                64936  1 cx23885
snd                    37711  3 cx23885,snd_timer,snd_pcm
tveeprom               13305  1 cx23885
cx2341x                14109  1 cx23885
videobuf2_dma_sg        6516  1 cx23885
dvb_core               72173  4 cx23885,altera_ci,m88ds3103,videobuf2_dvb
rc_core                14707  1 cx23885
videobuf2_v4l2         13519  2 cx23885,videobuf2_dvb
videobuf2_core         21807  3 cx23885,videobuf2_v4l2,videobuf2_dvb
v4l2_common             2841  4 cx2341x,cx23885,tuner,videobuf2_v4l2
videodev              100108  5 cx2341x,cx23885,tuner,v4l2_common,videobuf2_v4l2

Hate to bring this up again, but seems support for the cx23885 is gone again in release 6.3.5 :(

Edited by ProGEEK

Something clearly got borked last time.  I did another build a couple of days ago that I never quite got around to uploading.  Can you all pull the v6.3.5 release again and test please?

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Something clearly got borked last time.  I did another build a couple of days ago that I never quite got around to uploading.  Can you all pull the v6.3.5 release again and test please?

Working for me thanks :)

I do not have unRAID DVB Edition installed as the first page here says hdhomerun tuners will work without this special unraid version installed.

I am using an hdhomerun tuner but my tvheadend docker will only find the dvb-c tuners, no dvb-t tuners are listed.

Whereas using tvheadend from my libreelec vm all tuners are found and working correctly.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Thank you for this plugin, been using it for about a year I think. So far it's only been with USB tuners mainly as a test.

Finally upgraded to TBS 6909 DVB-S2 card, working very well.

Also a DVB-T2 Hauppauge WinTV-Quad HD but this is not working so well. Tested with TBS OpenSource and initially very good but then signal issues which I blame on the card including 4way splitter that seems to favour 2 of the 4 tuners. Tried CrazyCat drivers too, similar results although very different signal readings on two cards. This card is likely getting returned.

27 minutes ago, Tuftuf said:

Thank you for this plugin, been using it for about a year I think. So far it's only been with USB tuners mainly as a test.

Also a DVB-T2 Hauppauge WinTV-Quad HD but this is not working so well. Tested with TBS OpenSource and initially very good but then signal issues which I blame on the card including 4way splitter that seems to favour 2 of the 4 tuners. Tried CrazyCat drivers too, similar results although very different signal readings on two cards. This card is likely getting returned.

Yeah I'm not a Hauppage fan tbh.  Their Linux support in general is a little lacklustre.

Strangely the driver shows up the same as my T2 usb tuner that works flawlessly. I will likely end up with a dual or quad TBS. Unless I try to be cheap again and get a DVBSKy card instead. 

I'll add that I'm looking forward to a 6.4.0-RC1 update as I'm eager to test 6.4.0-RC1 :)

Tested the TBS Opensource drivers and lost access to the Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD card, not a massive issue for myself as I intend to return it but there appears to be a problem.

It detected 3x USB DVB-T2's and the TBS 6909. 

This would show 8x TBS 6909 if I unplug the USB. All 11 were detected in TVHeadend.

unRAID Version: 6.4.0-rc1
DVB Version: TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)
Driver Version: 040617
DVB Kernel: Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers: Detected
DVB Adapter 0: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2
DVB Adapter 1: DVB-T
DVB Adapter 2: Silicon Labs Si2168
DVB Adapter 3: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2
DVB Adapter 4: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2
DVB Adapter 5: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2
DVB Adapter 6: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2
DVB Adapter 7: TurboSight TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2

Tested the LibreELEC and nothing is detected.

unRAID Version: 6.4.0-rc1
DVB Version: LibreELEC
Driver Version: 1.2.1
DVB Kernel: Not Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers: Not Detected
DVB Adapter 0: Not Detected
Edited by Tuftuf
23 hours ago, Tuftuf said:

I sold my Quad HD card and switched to ta TBS and it was a very good move.  Yes, it's more money but you have to put a price on your own time as well 

I have 3x USB-T2 tuners + the QuadHD card that should be detected with LibreELEC.

You can see a couple of them in the list with the TBS OS drivers.

Also shouldn't the LibreELEC say DVB Kernel detected even without any TV cards installed?

But the actual issue I reported was that the QuadHD is no longer detected with the TBS OS drivers, which it was prior to the upgrade. (I don't need it to work, but it was working)

@DMZZ Since I can return the QuadHD card I plan to see how long I can cope with the 1 or 2 USB Tuners for T/T2 and take most of the channels from the TBS S2 card. If I run into problems indeed it'll have to be a TBS card.

Edited by Tuftuf

Right, think I got it all straightened out.  Both RC1 and RC2 should both be working now, got to do some more testing then I'll upload.

TBS-official builds aren't done as their drivers won't compile on kernel version 4.11.3 so I've let them know.  More reason to switch to opensource drivers if you can (and haven't already)

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
  • Squid locked this topic