[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

43 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Can I have the new link please??!!!  

Lookslike my attempt to install rc8 is failing just like rc7, so going to have to rollback to rc6.  Unfortunately, I forgot I had the rc7 update primed to go at my next reboot before I updated to rc8, so the previous version on my flash is rc7 not rc6.....

The files are now at mirror.linuxserver.io

Any chance I can remote into your machine and have a look at your problem?  Something weird going on there.....

Edited by CHBMB
2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

The files are now at mirror.linuxserver.io

Any chance I can remote into your machine and have a look at your problem?  Something weird going on there.....

Thanks - link saved me just in time as I was about to rollback to 6.3.5 to get to RC6 again.

Worked out the problem though - was because of a fix in RC7 that wasn't mentioned or I didn't realise had been done.  I'm not on RC8 :-)

Quick question. the date for RC8s drivers is 03/09 whereas RC6 had 22/6 - is this your build date or the actual driver date?  If it's the driver date, are the latest drivers only in the latest build or do you update the drivers in say the last xx builds e.g. RC7 and RC8?  Just wondering if I ever get stuck again, will that also mean I'm not getting the latest device drivers

Edit:

Or, are the TBS drivers not updated that frequently as it looks like the last update was 14/6/16 if the wiki is correct??

https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/wiki

Edited by DZMM

LibreELEC is built from latest release here.

Digital Devices is built from latest release here.

TBS is built by a git clone of this repo at the time I build the release.

CrazyCat is built by a git clone of this repo at the time I build the release.

I don't use ljalves site.....

I don't backport drivers to previous releases.  Takes about two hours to compile the builds when I release them, no way am I going back and re-compiling earlier builds....... O.o

If you really wanted to, you could download stock unraid on a previous release and compile them yourself, which would result in more updated drivers.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am stuck with a bit of a problem, not sure if it's my stupidity or a genuine issue. I have a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD tuner and I have installed the TBS Open Source 6.3.5 Build. When I first turn on the server and go to the DVB page the 'DVB Adapter Drivers' column shows as 'Detected'. Then when I open Plex server the tuner shows up for about 30 seconds and then disappears. When I go back to the DVB page the 'DVB Adapter Drivers' column now shows as 'Not Detected'?

Screenshot_2.png

4 minutes ago, guyturner797 said:

I tried a few different builds until my card was detected, sounds like my own stupidity then. Which is the best build to use with the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD?

Have you used the card with a previous DVB build?  As in, is this a specific problem with RC9f or is this you trying to get the card working with the DVB build and you haven't tried before?

I suspect this is Plex doing something, can you try restarting the system and not starting Plex and see what happens, instead try installing TVH to troubleshoot.

The parameter that "disappears" actually checks for the existence of a folder called /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

In addition, which version of Plex are you using?  And how are you passing through the drivers to Plex?

Edited by CHBMB

Ok, I have restarted the server without Plex and it remains showing connected so it is a Plex Docker issue causing it i assume. I am currently using the latest Plex Pass release.

When I try to install TVHeadend I get this error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PGID"="100" -e "PUID"="99" -p 9981:9981/tcp -p 9982:9982/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Temp/":"/recordings":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ linuxserver/tvheadend
45d5ab3184c1063c7ae59a729b9ae6317a8975a78bd68f48f531e93b8523232b
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": lstat /dev/dvb: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

After that error in TVH was the DVB adapter drivers still showing if you refreshed the DVB plugin page?

Something very unusual going on with this card that I don't understand.  It SHOULD just work as the DVB drivers and firmware are all present.  But it appears to disappear, not still passing it through to a VM are you?  That would snatch it out the host system I guess.

FYI this is the card I returned as one day it stopped showing up on my server which was driver related. It appears it's present again based on your picture. Prior to that, I noticed awful signal quality with this card, often one tuner could tune a channel and three others couldn't or zapping forward and backward was enough to cause it to say No Signal when it was working seconds earlier. At the same time, my USB tuner was working perfectly.

Plus I replaced my Aerial and same issues. 

Your card still it detected so that's progress. But when you do get the card working, check for issues on all four tuners before your return window closes.

Edited by Tuftuf

I'm stuck on 6-3-5 libreelec as the 6-4-0 RCs are failing for my WinTV-quadHD. I think it's due to some changes in cx23885 kernel or media build code recently.

modprobe cx23885 on 6-4-0 unraid-dvb RCs return these errors in dmesg:

[  596.745635] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745648] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745657] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[  596.745663] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

@CHBMB, any idea how to resolve this? Maybe something wrong with the kernel .config file?

Edited by Zan
On 31/05/2017 at 9:24 AM, ProGEEK said:

Hate to bring this up again, but seems support for the cx23885 is gone again in release 6.3.5 :(

Seems the cx23885 drivers are funky in the rc9f kernel. 

root@USS-Enterprise:~# modprobe cx23885
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'cx23885': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg yeilds:

[   62.310167] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[   62.310174] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[   62.310177] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[   62.310180] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

7 hours ago, Zan said:

I'm stuck on 6-3-5 libreelec as the 6-4-0 RCs are failing for my WinTV-quadHD. I think it's due to some changes in cx23885 kernel or media build code recently.

modprobe cx23885 on 6-4-0 unraid-dvb RCs return these errors in dmesg:

[  596.745635] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745648] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745657] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[  596.745663] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

@CHBMB, any idea how to resolve this? Maybe something wrong with the kernel .config file?

@CHBMB I didnt even see this before I posted abov, My bad. Pretty much exactly what @Zan said

• Squid locked this topic