[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Hello,

it's great work you make there!

But I have a problem getting my USB DVB Card mounted to /dev/dvb/

I installed unRAID DVB Edition, rebooted my unRAID system. And looked for /dev/dvb/, but nothing.. What do I need to do?

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/6i5wvQcY

system devices: https://pastebin.com/BN3vLQz2 (see line 46)

I am using "Terratec cinergy hybrid T USB SX".

Thanks for any help!

Ahh, I didn't know i can click the icon for the settings! Thank you.

But I have another problem now: my triple tv stick gets recognized for DVB-T, but I want to use DVB-C.. Can I change this?

Edit: I will try "TBS OpenSource", now I am using "LibreELEC"..

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by 3dee
lemme try something..
5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@ProGEEK@Zan Can you try the CrazyCat build for RC9F amd see if that works?

As near as I can tell, the only differences between the builds are the firmware files included, is this correct ?

The problem doesnt lie with the cx23885 module, but actually videobuf2.

Try loading the videobuf2_memops module, and thats what gives you the error. There are symbols missing from the kernel, and as far as I can tell, all the builds you have on the server all have an identical bzimage file

Edited by ProGEEK
1 hour ago, ProGEEK said:

Testing a build using Manjaro's .config file. see what that yeilds

Only issue with that is that .config will be specific to Manjaro's setup and may not include the other non-DVB drivers that Unraid requires.  I would be a little cautious with this approach tbh.

Just now, CHBMB said:

Only issue with that is that .config will be specific to Manjaro's setup and may not include the other non-DVB drivers that Unraid requires.  I would be a little cautious with this approach tbh.

I dont really care what drivers it includes, its the kernel itself im more interested in. To see what it has statically built in or not

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Fair enough, I get where you're coming from now.

As far as I can tell, all the bzimage files generated by all the builds are identical (Size wise anyway) and none of them seem to include FRAME_VECTOR support, which is what videobuf2_memops requires to load. So im trying various ways of building the kernel to get these static functions compiled in (Cause they're configured to be compiled, but being seem to be getting ignored)

Just now, BRiT said:

Is maybe those methods compiled out into a module that hasn't been loaded, or does that not matter as all functions should be part of the symbol map?

They're part of the symbol map, but not in the kernel itself which is weird. Im trying to compile as a standalone module, see what milage that produces

@CHBMB @Zan Its exactly as I suspected. Have confirmed frame_vector is not part of the kernel.

I compiled frame_vector as a kernel module, loaded it manually and now i have videobuf2_memops and cx23885 loading correctly.

So next step is, figure out why the he-double-hockysticks frame_vector isnt being compiled into the module statically as its supposed to be

Screenshot from 2017-09-28 11-28-45.png

• Squid locked this topic