[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, ProGEEK said:

They probably won't, since it's not required for anything relating to unRAID. As far as I know, it's only used by media modules

As long as it's in the kernel source and doesn't add much in size they usually add stuff. It for sure doesn't hurt to ask ;-)

Uploaded a new LibreELEC build with bzimage, if someone can confirm it works, we should be good.

Tried that new version with my 950q and it didn't work for me. On my first reboot, I had the tuner plugged into the same bus that my flash drive is plugged into and unRaid was almost unusable. It took forever to get the GUI up. Rebooted with the tuner in a different USB port but the tuner still wasn't recognized. I ran out of time last night and had to get a working system back up, so I didn't investigate further.

2 hours ago, DMcK said:

Tried that new version with my 950q and it didn't work for me. On my first reboot, I had the tuner plugged into the same bus that my flash drive is plugged into and unRaid was almost unusable. It took forever to get the GUI up. Rebooted with the tuner in a different USB port but the tuner still wasn't recognized. I ran out of time last night and had to get a working system back up, so I didn't investigate further.

Yeah, that is going to need some looking at, reading about the 950q it has all it's drivers included in the kernel, so shouldn't present a problem, and not sure why you're getting issues.

sed -i -e 's/CONFIG_FRAME_VECTOR=y/CONFIG_FRAME_VECTOR=m/g' $D/kernel/.config

Would probably be the easiest way to achieve things is my guess.  I can chat to LT about it, but this would be easy to implement.  I'll run another build tonight which should then "modularise" things and see what happens if @ProGEEK can test

Edited by CHBMB
3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

sed -i -e 's/CONFIG_FRAME_VECTOR=y/CONFIG_FRAME_VECTOR=m/g' $D/kernel/.config

Would probably be the easiest way to achieve things is my guess.  I can chat to LT about it, but this would be easy to implement.  I'll run another build tonight which should then "modularise" things and see what happens if @ProGEEK can test

@CHBMB That latest version doesnt work for me.
You'll still need to update mm/Kconfig to allow frame_vector to be compiled as a module. as the Kconfig file defines that the frame_vector component is a boolean (See my patch)

Attached is the patch for just modifying mm/Kconfig

enable_module_building_frame_vector.patch

I am trying to read through this post and figure out exactly what I need to do, but I am a little lost :)

I am brand new to UnRaid and trying to get a Hauppage WinTV DualHD working through to a docker container. I installed this plugin, choose LibreElec 6.3.5,  rebooted, and it still doesnt seem to be recognized. Is there more to this I need to do? It shows the DVB kernel was detected but no adapters. I am sure the card is good as I was using it in another system earlier today. lsusb shows the device as being there as well.

18 hours ago, timl said:

I am trying to read through this post and figure out exactly what I need to do, but I am a little lost :)

I am brand new to UnRaid and trying to get a Hauppage WinTV DualHD working through to a docker container. I installed this plugin, choose LibreElec 6.3.5,  rebooted, and it still doesnt seem to be recognized. Is there more to this I need to do? It shows the DVB kernel was detected but no adapters. I am sure the card is good as I was using it in another system earlier today. lsusb shows the device as being there as well.

There are two versions of this tuner.

v6.3.5 is on kernel version 4.9.30

Need to know what version you have so which one of these commands gives you the relevant information about your tuner?

lsusb -v -d 2040:026d

lsusb -v -d 2040:0265

You may find you have more luck with the RC9f release of Unraid as it's a later kernel version.  With the release of v6.4 I'm probably not going to backport support of v6.3.5 stuff.

Ok, so an upgrade to rc9f got things much closer. I now have one adapater being seen and Plex is busy scanning the local channels. However, I am not seeing the second tuner. After reviewing the link you posted above it looks like a kernel patch is required to get the second tuner to be seen. I assume that is not something you are including in this?

Edited by timl

Hi,

I am new to this DVB version and have tried using LIBRELEC 6.3.5 to use my DVBSky V 3.0 S952 (Dual Tuner)

As you can see they are both detected but only Tuner 0 works as there is no signal detected on Tuner 1? I have swapped the coax cables over and still only Tuner 0 works.  I can confirm that both tuners work in my other system.  Any ideas?

dvb1.JPG

dvb2.JPG

Hi CHBMB,

you might rembember that i posted a long time back regarding WinTV DualHD from Hauppauge. 

I just tryed your https://mirror.linuxserver.io/unraid-dvb-rc/6-4-0-rc9f/rc9f-libreelec.zip to see where things stand with out of the box Dual Tuner support on the DualHD. It was still just one tuner working. So i made two slight changes to your build scripts and rerun them to get proper dualtuner support . This might also help other users with Hauppauge cards. Or maybe you want to test it further, because there are a couple more patches regarding the Hauppauge cards.

The GIT repo is from a Hauppauge engineer creating Patches for Ubuntu but they apply fine for kernel 4.12. 

I also compiled the libreelec modules and using that as my Kernel version.

Patchfile attached. 

Regards and thank you for your awesome support.

dualhdsupport.patch

Edited by half

Hey Everyone,

Trying to get UnRaid to detect my new USB Hauppauge Dual Tuner Card.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IL0FIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried the LibreLec 6.3.5 install, and it won't detect the device.  Is there something obvious I am missing?  I also installed the 6.4rc9f, and it still was not recognized by the dvb settings page.  Rc9f is using Kernal 4.12.x and from what I was reading my tuner should be supported by Kernal 4.11.x.

Anyone have any idea on how I can get it to work with Unraid, or should I get a different piece of hardware?

Edited by skiman384
10 hours ago, skiman384 said:

Hey Everyone,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IL0FIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried the LibreLec 6.3.5 install, and it won't detect the device.  Is there something obvious I am missing?  I also installed the 6.4rc9f, and it still was not recognized by the dvb settings page.  Rc9f is using Kernal 4.12.x and from what I was reading my tuner should be supported by Kernal 4.11.x.

Anyone have any idea on how I can get it to work with Unraid, or should I get a different piece of hardware?

First thing to do is to identify which build has the drivers for you tuner (if there is). Then if there is a build that supports your tuner and it still doesn't work, provide a screenshot of the dvb plugin page and the syslog. 

Don't remember for sure, but if it's in the 4.11.x kernel tree, the Libreelec build should support it. Might be the crazycat build supports it also if there is one. But you need the 6.4 builds and only one tuner will show. 

Edited by saarg
On 10/13/2017 at 4:22 AM, skiman384 said:

Hey Everyone,

With the patches i posted above you can have a working Hauppauge Dual tuner. Either you do it yourself or CHBMB would incorporate them into a seperate branch. None of the mentioned version will support it out of the box. 

Hi - I've just switched to 6.4.0 rc9, and re-run this plugin. I was running the TBS official before, but as that appears to be only for stable, I've switched to the open source version.

Since then, TVHeadend doesn't start. I've tried removing and reinstalling, but I get the message...

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PGID"="100" -e "PUID"="99" -p 9981:9981/tcp -p 9982:9982/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/utilities/Incoming/Recordings/":"/recordings":rw --device=/dev/dvb linuxserver/tvheadend
38a90774afa7fc0fa164224f332cfd9d3eb900a2b8ce4a678165f3da0175dfd0
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": lstat /dev/dvb: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

Any ideas? Is it because I've switched drivers? The extra parameters is still in the config.

15 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

What does the Unraid DVB plugin screen show?

Good point - I'll get a screenshot shortly (I'm connected remotely via a mobile at the moment and it'll take a bit of stitching).

However I have a TBS 6982 (from memory) with 2 DVB-S inputs, and they're not showing as detected on the DVB plugin page.  I'm getting...

unRAID Version: 6.4.0-rc9f

DVB Version: TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)

Driver Version: 220917

Kernel: Detected

Adapter Drivers and Adapters 0-7: Not Detected

Hi - If I revert back to 6.3.5 TBS Official DVB-S/T I get...

Adapter drivers: Detected

DVB Adapters 0 & 1: TurboSight TBS 6981 DVBS/S2 front end

(apologies, I got my model name wrong, but it would appear that - for me - the Open Source & CrazyCat versions aren't picking up my card)

Is there something I'm missing?  All I've done is install the LT plugin for allowing pre-release updates and selected a new DVB build.

• Squid locked this topic