[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Ok, I found the issue.

Your card requires this firmware

I was pulling the firmware direct from TBS not from either of the above links, but when I compared the md5 on the version I was using, it was the "Windows" version, now I've replaced it with the "Linux" version.

Strangely enough I was getting the firmware from a TBS download that was for Linux firmware and all the other firmware in the pack works fine.  I've altered my script now to use the "Linux" version of the firmware. See here.

Fantastic!  Well done, and thank you.

Hi,

I was running 6.3.5 with the official TBS DVB drivers with no issues (TBS 6285 tuner).

I upgraded to 6.4.0 and then only had 2 options for TBS drivers, open source or crazycat. So I tried opensource but that driver does not work with any DVB-T2 (high definition) channels, it fails to find them or tune to them (I am using SageTV). So, I tried crazycat and the same issue :-(

I backed out back to 6.3.5 and all working OK again.

Can we get the official TBS DVB drivers that were in 6.3.5 as an option with unraid 6.4.0 ?

Thanks!

Edited by fireplex
Hi,

I was running 6.3.5 with the official TBS DVB drivers with no issues (TBS 6285 tuner).

I upgraded to 6.4.0 and then only had 2 options for TBS drivers, open source or crazycat. So I tried opensource but that driver does not work with any DVB-T2 (high definition) channels, it fails to find them or tune to them (I am using SageTV). So, I tried crazycat and the same issue :-(

I backed out back to 6.3.5 and all working OK again.

Can we get the official TBS DVB drivers that were in 6.3.5 as an option with unraid 6.4.0 ?

Thanks!
No as I explained a while back, TBS have stopped developing the old drivers, and they won't compile on the more recent kernels.

When you switch to the open source drivers, I had to re-install TVH to get everything working correctly.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

OK, any idea why DVB-T channels work OK and it's just the DVB-T2 (HD) channels that won't work ?

Seems a bit strange.

Where should I log an issue ?
Difficult to log an issue without a bit more info. Might be helpful to get some tvh logs when trying to tune/play and a screenshot of the DVB plugin screen would be useful.

Difficult to log an issue without a bit more info. Might be helpful to get some tvh logs when trying to tune/play and a screenshot of the DVB plugin screen would be useful.

You mean TV headend? Guess I could look at that but no experience as use sagetv, dvb plugin screen a bit broke now after downgrading so driver not reported but it reports the card tuners fine. Will investigate Linux commands to run a channel scan.

Guess otherwise will have to switch back to PCI passthrough and Windows

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Downloaded from DVB plugin and tested. Unfortunatelly, problem still exist - this happened on my new unRAID build.

BUT

I tested it on my an old unRAID build and everything is OK. All 4 DVB adapters are listed on DVB plugin with 6.4.0 unRAID DVB version.

Edited by w^w
update
Downloaded from DVB plugin and tested. Unfortunatelly, problem still exist - this happened on my new unRAID build.
BUT
I tested it on my an old unRAID build and everything is OK. All 4 DVB adapters are listed on DVB plugin with 6.4.0 unRAID DVB version.
Oh, wasn't expecting that.....

Now I'm really confused. Got one idea, lemme chat to a mate I know about it and get back to you.

17 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@w^w Can you post your hardware specs please (mobo) of old and new server.

Also, might be worth a look here.

CHBMB thanks. Everything is clear now. In my new unRAID build I have ASUS P10S-M WS mobo which have PCI-E Gen3 and doesn't have Gen1 support so there is no way to detect my old TBS6984 PCI-E Gen1 card :(

12 minutes ago, w^w said:

CHBMB thanks. Everything is clear now. In my new unRAID build I have ASUS P10S-M WS mobo which have PCI-E Gen3 and doesn't have Gen1 support so there is no way to detect my old TBS6984 PCI-E Gen1 card :(

Are you sure? There should be a setting to force it to older gen.

2 minutes ago, saarg said:

Are you sure? There should be a setting to force it to older gen.

It is. There is something like "asus dmi max link speed" which have default value setted to AUTO. But when I change it to Gen1 my card is still not detected.

1 minute ago, w^w said:

It is. There is something like "asus dmi max link speed" which have default value setted to AUTO. But when I change it to Gen1 my card is still not detected.

Have you tried to force the L0's to what i specified in the post @CHBMB linked? If you have that option that is.

• Squid locked this topic