[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

On 22.01.2018 at 7:00 PM, CHBMB said:

So, just to get this right.

Your card isn't detected in your new motherboard, but works fine with the DVB build in a different machine?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yes. My mobo ASUS P10S-M WS don't recongize my TBS 6984 card. I upgraded BIOS to the newest version and tried lots of options but without luck.

I'm in touch with ASUS support and waiting for their recomendations.

UPDATE:

Thanks to ASUS Support help my card was recognized! BUT for now there is only one possibility how to do it. It MUST be connected to the PCI-e 16X port and two changes in BIOS must be made. In Advanced-> Chipset configuration-> System Agent (SA) configuration-> PEG Port configuration change Max Link Speed to Gen1 and Max Link Width to Force X1. In 1X and 8X PCI-e port my card wasn't recognized even when I change DMI Max Link Speed to Gen1 in Advanced-> Chipset configuration-> System Agent (SA) configuration-> DMI/OPI configuration.

Edited by w^w
New data

I have DVB USB Stick PCTV 461e, do i need to add firmware for it? Im using openeleec unraid build. The manufacturer told me, i need to add the firmware, but i thought its already added? 

The sticks shows up, but when i want to add astra, i always get "unable to provide UNC value"... 

Edited by nuhll
57 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I don t know why. But now its working, since yesterday i probably tried it 20 times, with restarting unraid, removing docker inkl. config. This time it addes much muxes and services for astra... lets say i get it working now... should i upgrade when a new update comes out? Or do i risk its not working anymore? 

I don't know because in none of your posts am I completely clear what the problem was.  Never looked like the drivers were an issue to be honest.

Any chance of the Blackgold drivers being added to this plugin? I emailed them direct and amazingly they replied within a few minutes and provded the following link:

http://www.cblinux.co.uk:5010/BGT3xxx-fork-for-cxd2837

It says for kernel level up to 4.2 so in theory should work?

I have a couple of these cards so am happy to test and feed back.

Is there any way I can compile and add these myself to test first?

Edited by allanp81
4 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Any chance of the Blackgold drivers being added to this plugin? I emailed them direct and amazingly they replied within a few minutes and provded the following link:

We're already on kernel 4.14......

I'll knock together a script for you to test, but I'm not planning on including them tbh, too shoddy to be a constant feature and they're clearly not developing these as they should.  There's a guy here who's forked and updated to kernel 4.10, but there's no commits on his repo for over 8 months.  Even linuxtv.org has very little info on these cards which is a bad sign.....

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I don't know because in none of your posts am I completely clear what the problem was.  Never looked like the drivers were an issue to be honest.

The sticks shows up, but when i want to add astra,

i always get "unable to provide UNC value"...

Anyway its working now.

Only problem left is that (i want to use plex with tvheadend, so i got LiveTVh.Bundle) when i watch a TV show, and i close it... tvheadend doesnt recognize it and under connections i can see its still sending data... after.. i think 5 min, the old stream gets stoped and i can play back again.

Just btw, it doesnt matter if i watch via .m3u or plex, most times he dont recognize when i stop watching. So i need to wait 5 min to switch to the next TV.

Edited by nuhll
5 hours ago, allanp81 said:

I just tried to compile this.  Errors out as I suspected it might.

That's a shame. I've emailed them again as it would be great if I could somehow get my card working with Unraid, even if I have to do something myself to get it workign.
I wouldn't hold your breath, there are very few companies who take Linux seriously, a few of them are making some strides, like Digital Devices, TBS and even Hauppage are starting to put some effort in....

• Upvote 1

I tried that and sadly I could never get it to work properly, it would always drop packets when tuning which obviously just meant picture break up etc.

I'm currently using Mediaportal TV server on a VM with a hdhomerun connect and that works fine so I know that the VM config is fine. I'd just like to be able to use this card as well rather than it sat there gathering dust.

I tried that and sadly I could never get it to work properly, it would always drop packets when tuning which obviously just meant picture break up etc.

I'm currently using Mediaportal TV server on a VM with a hdhomerun connect and that works fine so I know that the VM config is fine. I'd just like to be able to use this card as well rather than it sat there gathering dust.
If it's any consolation I'm pretty sure my old Black gold tuner is gathering dust somewhere in the attic as well. :)

I think I have another one somewhere in a static bag that's a dual DVB-T(not T2)/DVB-S2 card that I haven't used for years. The fact I haven't used it since I bought my current house in 2010 tells me how old it is! The one I'd like to use is (I think) the BGT3620 which is a dual DVB-T2 card. I did think about ebaying them but found none for sale so thought there probably wasn't any demand for them. I've also got an old Avermedia single tuner DVB-T card somewhere as well that I got free with a Dell computer.

I get these messages in my log for both cards (TBS 6284 TBS 6205):
Jan 31 12:17:01 unRAIDpvr kernel: TBSECP3 driver 0000:04:00.0: DVB: adapter 3 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (42000000..870000000)

It all seems to work okay. Anything to worry about?

Not if it's working I guess...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, hackztor said:

I was on 6.4.0 using Libre and my card was detected. Upgraded straight to 6.4.1 Libre (did not update to stock 6.4.1 first) and my card was not detected. Went back to 6.4.0 Libre and it is detected again.  HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD PCI Express TV Tuner Card 1609   . On 6.4.1 it shows up not detected. Should I make sure to update to the stock 6.4.1 first then the Libre?

unraid6.4.0_Libre.png

Can you try v6.4.1rc1 and v6.4.1rc2?  Help me troubleshoot.....

No need to go to stock once you're on v6.4.x

Edited by CHBMB
2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Can you try v6.4.1rc1 and v6.4.1rc2?  Help me troubleshoot.....

No need to go to stock once you're on v6.4.x

6.4.1 RC1 works, RC2 does not.

Below is what it looks like in rc2 and final.

unraid6.4.1_LIbre.png

Edited by hackztor
  • Squid locked this topic