[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

8 hours ago, hackztor said:

6.4.1 RC1 works, RC2 does not.

Below is what it looks like in rc2 and final.

unraid6.4.1_LIbre.png

OK, I've rebuilt the files, just uploading, try v6.4.1 again please.  Definitely included the right module...

gj7NOZF.png

Edited by CHBMB
7 hours ago, Akrodha said:

image.png.64060a5ffc1cecaebaaec0aa0b4524ba.png

I cannot get anything but this screen after installing. It has been sitting like that for over two hours...

Any suggestions? I have removed and reinstalled twice for the same result.

edit: Running 6.4.1

That means you can't hit our server for some reason.

SSH to your server or use the new terminal feature in v6.4.1 and run

ping -c5 mirror.linuxserver.io

And post the results.

5 hours ago, w^w said:

6.4.1 (final) with TBS open source drivers.

I got no idea what's going on.  Any chance you can try the card in your other machine to make sure it's not some weird hardware thing again.  Because the firmware is identical.....

v6.4.0

chbmb@chbmb-thinkpad ~ $ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Linux 4.14.13-unRAID.
root@server:~# md5sum /lib/firmware/dvb-fe-cx24117.fw
00bb54e462c84c71c052b1812a1c7190  /lib/firmware/dvb-fe-cx24117.fw
v6.4.1

chbmb@chbmb-thinkpad ~ $ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Linux 4.14.16-unRAID.
root@server:~# md5sum /lib/firmware/dvb-fe-cx24117.fw
00bb54e462c84c71c052b1812a1c7190  /lib/firmware/dvb-fe-cx24117.fw

3 hours ago, Pascal said:

Hello,

does anyone have experience with “Creatix CTX1924 – TV Hybrid DVB-S/2 PCIe” Card?

I tried every version. DVB Kernel Detected but no dvb adapter drivers or dvb adapter0

can someone help me?

As far as I can tell there are no Linux drivers for that card.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Looking to upgrade my unraid tomorrow to 6.4. Tried scouring through the post for upgrade instructions but didn't see any.

Is there anything special i need to do first. Like revert to the original 6.3.5, do the upgrade then install unraid dvb version.

Also i see the TBS official in no longer supported. TBS open source or crazy cat versions didn't work for me in 6.3 as it loaded the wrong drivers 

Is there a way to force the TBS open source build select the correct drivers if i run into problems.

Thanks 

Hello all

Looking to upgrade my unraid tomorrow to 6.4. Tried scouring through the post for upgrade instructions but didn't see any.

Is there anything special i need to do first. Like revert to the original 6.3.5, do the upgrade then install unraid dvb version.

Also i see the TBS official in no longer supported. TBS open source or crazy cat versions didn't work for me in 6.3 as it loaded the wrong drivers 

Is there a way to force the TBS open source build select the correct drivers if i run into problems.

Thanks 
Upgrade to v6.4 via LT recommended procedure. Reboot then install a DVB build.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I am trying to get working TBS5990 tuner with unraid dvb edition using version TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2) and using docker tvheadend by linuxserver.io.

Tuner gets successfully detected and is usable with SD channels and HD channels on QPSK. However, it does not work with 8PSK.

Very similar issue was resolved here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/7177-tbs-drivers-libreelec-8/?pageNo=1 and here: https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/issues/59. I get exactly the same results as the user described over there on libreelec forum.

My question is following:

How do I use USB Bulk transfer mode instead of ISO?

In LibreElec, they used this:

echo "options cx231xx transfer_mode=0" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cx231xx.conf

and reboot

Where can I create file in unraid so it works properly? I tried in /lib/modprobe.d or /etc/modprobe.d but it is lost on reboot.

Also tried to put it into dockers /etc/modprobe.d but did not help...

Thanks a lot for any help!

Edit: Solved! Problem has gone away after updating to Unraid DVB 6.4.1 and  TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)

Edited by max007

Hello all,

I am trying to get working TBS5990 tuner with unraid dvb edition using version TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2) and using docker tvheadend by linuxserver.io.

Tuner gets successfully detected and is usable with SD channels and HD channels on QPSK. However, it does not work with 8PSK.

Very similar issue was resolved here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/7177-tbs-drivers-libreelec-8/?pageNo=1 and here: https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/issues/59. I get exactly the same results as the user described over there on libreelec forum.

My question is following:

How do I use USB Bulk transfer mode instead of ISO?

In LibreElec, they used this:

echo "options cx231xx transfer_mode=0" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cx231xx.conf

and reboot

Where can I create file in unraid so it works properly? I tried in /lib/modprobe.d or /etc/modprobe.d but it is lost on reboot.

Also tried to put it into dockers /etc/modprobe.d but did not help...

Thanks a lot for any help!

Edit: Solved! Problem has gone away after updating to Unraid DVB 6.4.1 and  TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)

I'll take a look later, but have you tried the TBS Open Source drivers rather than CrazyCat? That github link is from that repo and they've closed the issue.

On mobile so not properly looked at it, but might be worth a try.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

I'll take a look later, but have you tried the TBS Open Source drivers rather than CrazyCat? That github link is from that repo and they've closed the issue.

On mobile so not properly looked at it, but might be worth a try.

Yes, I edited my post, open source drivers helped, now it plays correctly thank you...

Now I get random drops in tvheadend after a while of using the tuner with:

2018-02-22 11:36:05.155 linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 5990 #2 : DVB-S #0 - poll TIMEOUT
2018-02-22 11:36:05.287 linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 5990 #2 : DVB-S #0 - retune nodata

I am using tuners TBS Q-BOX S2 and TBS5990 twin tuner. 

I am able to use them together, so one stream from TBS Q-BOX S2 and one from TBS5990 (well, except TBS5990 stops working after a while as mentioned earlier...). When I try to use only 2 tuners from TBS5990 stream starts to lag.

This happens with both versions 4.3-1102~g6d6d79cb7 and 4.2.5-3~gfdb342e99 of tvheadend.

When I use TBS 5990 along with TBS Q-BOX S2 to watch something, TBS 5990 just stops after a while with poll TIMEOUT and return nodata on Unraid DVB 6.4.1 and TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2). TBS Q-BOX S2 continues to play but with some continuity errors.

Thanks for any help...

Edited by max007

Yes, I edited my post, open source drivers helped, now it plays correctly thank you...
Now I get random drops in tvheadend after a while of using the tuner with:
2018-02-22 11:36:05.155 linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 5990 #2 : DVB-S #0 - poll TIMEOUT

2018-02-22 11:36:05.287 linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 5990 #2 : DVB-S #0 - retune nodata

I am using tuners TBS Q-BOX S2 and TBS5990 twin tuner. 
I am able to use them together, so one stream from TBS Q-BOX S2 and one from TBS5990 (well, except TBS5990 stops working after a while as mentioned earlier...). When I try to use only 2 tuners from TBS5990 stream starts to lag.

This happens with both versions 4.3-1102~g6d6d79cb7 and 4.2.5-3~gfdb342e99 of tvheadend.

When I use TBS 5990 to watch something, it just stops after a while with poll TIMEOUT and return nodata on Unraid DVB 6.4.1 and  TBS (Open Source) & LibreELEC ATSC-C, DVB-C, DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2).

Thanks for any help...

I think you'll need to report that on the drivers github, I'm not a kernel dev, so unable to help with that problem I'm afraid unless@saarg has any ideas.

4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I think you'll need to report that on the drivers github, I'm not a kernel dev, so unable to help with that problem I'm afraid unless@saarg has any ideas.

Thank you.

I have further tried a different use cases and found out that:

Works fully:

1 stream:

HTSP Kodi streaming from Q-Box S2

Fails almost instantly:

2 streams:

HTSP Kodi streaming from TBS 5990

PASS VLC streaming from Q-Box S2

1 stream:

HTSP Kodi streaming from TBS 5990

Fails after about 15-20 minutes:

2 streams:

HTSP Kodi streaming from Q-Box S2

PASS VLC streaming from TBS 5990

1 stream:

So I think that the issue is HTSP in combination with TBS 5990. AFAIK kodi can only use HTSP to stream from tvheadend or is it possible to switch it to pass only?

Resolved: Issue was with timeshift setting in tvheadend - after setting it to RAM only, I can get stable 2 streams from 2 different tuners

Edited by max007
got new data from research, updated test cases

@CHBMB

i've a TBS 6209 (Octa)-Tuner card in my system now, and all seems to work as expected.

but: this card has an active cooling fan, which is annoying (loud to my ears).

i'll probably return the card and struggle what to do next. so i could:

scenario 1: buy another TBS-6205 (waste one more PCIe slot, which could backfire later) and interconnect card 1 OUT to card 2 IN – at least so i don´t need to use a splitter beforehand.

question 1: because of two times (same) PCIe cards, will they both get pass'ed through (--device=/dev/dvb/) and seen correctly from TVH? is it then adapter 5-8 for the 2nd card or will there be another number scheme?

scenario 2: buy one Digital Devices DD Max A8 TV card (also octa-tuner dvb-c) but has passiv cooling (so no waste of a PCI slot and quiet).

question 2: how about the device driver support from digital devices? i can't recall exactly, but didn't they have problems? or would we expect any problems with drivers and/or TVHeadend?

thx.

Edited by s.Oliver
4 hours ago, max007 said:

Thank you.

I have further tried a different use cases and found out that:

Works fully:

1 stream:

HTSP Kodi streaming from Q-Box S2

Fails almost instantly:

2 streams:

HTSP Kodi streaming from TBS 5990

PASS VLC streaming from Q-Box S2

1 stream:

HTSP Kodi streaming from TBS 5990

Fails after about 15-20 minutes:

2 streams:

HTSP Kodi streaming from Q-Box S2

1 stream:

So I think that the issue is HTSP in combination with TBS 5990. AFAIK kodi can only use HTSP to stream from tvheadend or is it possible to switch it to pass only?

Resolved: Issue was with timeshift setting in tvheadend - after setting it to RAM only, I can get stable 2 streams from 2 different tuners

So everything works now? 

What did you use to store timeshift on? 

56 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

scenario 1: buy another TBS-6205 (waste one more PCIe slot, which could backfire later) and interconnect card 1 OUT to card 2 IN – at least so i don´t need to use a splitter beforehand.

question 1: because of two times (same) PCIe cards, will they both get pass'ed through (--device=/dev/dvb/) and seen correctly from TVH? is it then adapter 5-8 for the 2nd card or will there be another number scheme?

I have two TBS 6205, both are seen by TVHE just fine, but in mine the new card went in at 1-4 and moved the old card to 5-8 - depends on the order the system sees the slot I think. Just needed a bit of reconfiguring for me.

4 hours ago, Rick Gillyon said:

I have two TBS 6205, both are seen by TVHE just fine, but in mine the new card went in at 1-4 and moved the old card to 5-8 - depends on the order the system sees the slot I think. Just needed a bit of reconfiguring for me.

thx. rick. – good to know that this option would work.

when i replaced the 6205 with the 6209 i had only to enable all the tuners and map the dvb-c network to them – everything else worked immediately. was a perfect thingie, except that noisy fan.

15 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

when i replaced the 6205 with the 6209 i had only to enable all the tuners and map the dvb-c network to them – everything else worked immediately. was a perfect thingie, except that noisy fan.

Yep, that's easy. Unfortunately one of mine is DVB-T and the other DVB-C, so it was a bit of a PITA telling which is which. No bother for you. :)

16 hours ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Yep, that's easy. Unfortunately one of mine is DVB-T and the other DVB-C, so it was a bit of a PITA telling which is which. No bother for you. :)

yah, i simply use only one dvb-broadcasting standard; doesn't add value here to use dvb-t, if you got dvb-c already.

well, i'm waiting for @CHBMB to chime in to decide if digital device's 8 tuner card is an option. would make lots of things easier, even though, they charge a bit of an extra over TBS cards.

Edited by s.Oliver
  • Squid locked this topic