[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

19 hours ago, DZMM said:

yes - i temporarily installed the dvblink docker and it saw the cards ok.  I will try a reboot when the family are eating dinner though to see what happens

Do a chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb and your tuners should appear again.

Had a look on the Digital Devices website (via google translate)

Linux driver

Supported products:

• Cine series
  • DuoFlex series
  • Octopus series
  • MAX series
  • Flex-CI modules

Please note:

As of kernel 4.14  , the drivers for almost all of our cards are included in the kernel and do not require further driver installation.

Cards  not yet included in the kernel :

• Resi modulation cards

Given this I'm going to officially drop the dedicated Digital Devices build.  Users should switch to LibreELEC build instead.

• Upvote 1
v6.5.0rc6 uploaded

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

As mentioned above, I had to add chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb to my go file for these v6.5rcX builds for the tuner to appear in tvh. I didn't need that previously.

It might be worth a mention in the first post or release notes/change log when v6.5 final comes out.
2 hours ago, DMcK said:

As mentioned above, I had to add chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb to my go file for these v6.5rcX builds for the tuner to appear in tvh. I didn't need that previously.

It might be worth a mention in the first post or release notes/change log when v6.5 final comes out.

Yeah, we're looking into why that's happened.  Nothing has changed in the plugin or the DVB builds, we're not sure yet if it's a Linux kernel thing or a docker thing. 

2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Yeah, we're looking into why that's happened.  Nothing has changed in the plugin or the DVB builds, we're not sure yet if it's a Linux kernel thing or a docker thing. 

I will do some testing tomorrow to see if I can find anything useful.

[mention=70898]DZMM[/mention] [mention=59374]DMcK[/mention]

Plugin has been updated to mean it should work with v6.5.0 now, without the need for any command line or go file jiggery-pokery

If one of you could be kind enough to confirm that would be awesome.

Updated the plugin, removed the line from my go file, rebooted and it works. Thanks!
5 hours ago, DMcK said:

Updated the plugin, removed the line from my go file, rebooted and it works. Thanks!

What drivers/card are you using? TBS OS version didn't work for me - I tried twice downloading direct from the download site and then via the plugin.

Both times I had shutdown problems during the update - I had to force shutdown (press and hold power) to get my machine to stop.  This hasn't happened for a while since I followed this advice 

@CHBMB sorry, been overly busy with day-to-day workload; couldn't respond earlier.

i'll test the final v6.5 LibreELEC build with my new Digital Devices Tuner card and report back. last test i did showed lots of errors like these:

[WARNING] linuxdvb: Unable to provide BER value.
[WARNING] linuxdvb: Unhandled ERROR_BLOCK_COUNT scale: 0
[WARNING] linuxdvb: Unable to provide UNC value.

[WARNING] tbl-pass: pass-eit: -: invalid checksum (len 785, errors 1)

[WARNING] tbl-pass: pass-sdt: -: invalid checksum (len 388, errors 1)
[WARNING] tbl-pass: pass-eit: -: invalid checksum (len 18, errors 1)

although shown as warning in the TVH log, they were shown as errors to the responding (running at that time) recordings.

i hadn't got the time back then, to investigate, if these errors would've been discoverable in the recorded shows, but because of the massive amount (like 15-30 errors per recording) i switched back immediately to the github build – and had no errors at all.

and i need to add, that this github build (6.4.1) with that new DD card outperforms the previous TBS card (which showed a few errors from time to time compared to no errors with the DD card).

hopefully the v6.5 LibreELEC build (and the associated drivers) will work like the ones right now.

Edited by s.Oliver
8 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

v6.5.0 builds uploaded.

hey @CHBMB just installed 6.5 LibreELEC and ran immediately into a problem: OSCam docker doesn't see usb-reader. worked always flawlessly, this time errors with "Opening device /dev/bus/usb/003/003 (errno=13 Permission denied)" or ".../dev/ttyUSB0..." (same access denied).

i compared the permissions for the device, they seems same as before.

i tried to set docker as "Privilleged" no joy also.

need help, please.

Edited by s.Oliver
23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

v6.5.0 builds uploaded.

Tuners not appearing  - had to run:

chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb/

Putting back in my go file.  Think a warning needs adding to this thread or the plugin, otherwise I think more users will get caught out

Just now, DZMM said:

Tuners not appearing  - had to run:

chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb/

Putting back in my go file.  Think a warning needs adding to this thread or the plugin, otherwise I think more users will get caught out

didn't need to do this. so it seems different for diff. users (you were maybe on RC before?).

• Squid locked this topic