[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

29 minutes ago, eikum said:

Thanks! Got ant problem with tvheadend? It works for 2 minutes (+ -) and then I get timeout?

LibVLC/3.0.2"
2018-07-05 12:03:42.501 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unhandled ERROR_BLOCK_COUNT scale: 0
2018-07-05 12:03:43.355 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0 - poll TIMEOUT

I'm not sure about DVB-C, I was using the DVB-T tuners. DVB-T is currently working OK but not as good as I believe is possible due to an issue with the cx23885 code.

The following link discusses the issue and fixes have been upstreamed, but not sure when that will come through in a new unraid-dvb build

https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/issues/17

In the meantime, you could try this workaround to see if it helps. Add this to your append line in syslinux.cfg:

cx23885.debug=5

eg

append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui cx23885.debug=5

It slows the cx23885 down a bit which assists with the timing issue, but fills your log file within a day or 2.

Edited by Zan
bit clearer
  • Like 1

Hello Guys,

i got a problem with my Unraid DVB.

I installed it without problems and first my TB6982 SE was detected and TVheadend was noticing it. But i could get all Muxes.

Then i figured to test an other Build. First i used the TBS Free Driver Version.

I tested the openelec Version to see if the problem persist. My Card was not detected and no /dev/dvb existing.

After that i switched back to the first DVB Build, but now it doesn´t show up there either.

Any of you have an idea why or one who got the same card working?

23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Try installing TBS build, powering down your server not restarting it, then reboot.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I seem to remember there was some incompability with tbs cards and some mainboards. 

I seem to remember there was some incompability with tbs cards and some mainboards. 
Well, libreelec definitely won't work.

TBS Open source should work. But we have no details of what Unraid versions were used, so a bit in the dark at the moment.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Hey, it seems to be working now. Using 6.5.3 TBS Free and shuting down the server after the install.

Was runnin the same build yesterday and it wasn working at all.

Any Idea why? There should be no difference between restart and shutdown, right?

1 minute ago, Mordrad said:

Hey, it seems to be working now. Using 6.5.3 TBS Free and shuting down the server after the install.

Was runnin the same build yesterday and it wasn working at all.

Any Idea why? There should be no difference between restart and shutdown, right?

I have seen very occasional issues before when a card doesn't reset properly with a restart and needs a complete shutdown.   No harm in trying a reboot now, and see if it works.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, Zan said:

I'm not sure about DVB-C, I was using the DVB-T tuners. DVB-T is currently working OK but not as good as I believe is possible due to an issue with the cx23885 code.

The following link discusses the issue and fixes have been upstreamed, but not sure when that will come through in a new unraid-dvb build

In the meantime, you could try this workaround to see if it helps. Add this to your append line in syslinux.cfg:

cx23885.debug=5

eg

It slows the cx23885 down a bit which assists with the timing issue, but fills your log file within a day or 2.

Hi,

This is strange.. If I restart the docker, it works for 2-3 mins again. And then timouts.. Restart docker, works for 2-3 min and then timeout.. what the hell? :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 7:33 AM, Zan said:

cx23885.debug=5

eg

Thanks for this amazing tip!!!!!!!! Got a new quadhd and I lost 4 hours trying to get this thing work. When I configured the debug level, BANG!

Hello all,

How can I pick what firmware is loaded for my tuner? From my previous media server I know I need to use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware version and not;

• dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-miglia-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-zl0353-01.fw

21 minutes ago, Firejack said:

Hello all,

How can I pick what firmware is loaded for my tuner? From my previous media server I know I need to use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware version and not;

• dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-miglia-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-zl0353-01.fw

All of the above firmware is included.

What USB device do you have?  Why not try and see what it loads by default

Just been digging through dmesg while you replied. I have a WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver and it looks like its using some completely different firmware if I'm reading this right.

[   11.702152] dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) successfully initialized and connected.
[   11.702280] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dtt200u

16 minutes ago, Firejack said:

Just been digging through dmesg while you replied. I have a WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver and it looks like its using some completely different firmware if I'm reading this right.

Personally I'd try it and see if it works before looking for a solution to a problem we're not sure exists, we're on a pretty modern kernel on v6.5.3, so previous issues may have been ironed out.

Unfortunately its been a problem for several years and the workaround has been to specifically use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware.

Took a little while but just had the first issue. Was slight pixelation of the picture then it dropped out for 30 seconds. TVHeadend log shows;

2018-07-22 22:32:54.652 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT
2018-07-22 22:33:02.312 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

Everything seems to work perfectly apart from this old problem of mine O.o

1 hour ago, Firejack said:

Unfortunately its been a problem for several years and the workaround has been to specifically use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware.

Took a little while but just had the first issue. Was slight pixelation of the picture then it dropped out for 30 seconds. TVHeadend log shows;

2018-07-22 22:32:54.652 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT
2018-07-22 22:33:02.312 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

Everything seems to work perfectly apart from this old problem of mine O.o

How did you tackle it on Debian?  The firmware that is loaded is meant to be specified by the driver as I understand it.

Been a few years since I last set TVHeadend up. I recall downloading firmware from the LibreELEC dvb firmware page on github and dropping it into /lib/firmware/ . Don't think I took any other steps. It "just worked" after rebooting.

I wonder, could I switch back from unRAID DVB Edition to the Stock Edition, then download the firmware using the Console? I guess the firmware would be lost each time unRAID updates?

(I'm using the Linuxserver.io Dockers for TVHeadend and Plex if that makes any difference.)

EDIT: OK it seems to be working. If I power on unRAID and try watching TV I get some picture pixelation + dropouts. However if I reboot once my system has been powered on a few minutes. Watching TV via TVHeadend is perfect. Not sure whats going on there. Maybe the firmware isn't initializing properly 1st time or my TV tuner is failing. Doesn't appear to be a unRAID DVB Edition error though. I'll leave you in peace :)

Edited by Firejack
Update with workaround
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 7:09 PM, olfolfolf said:

Hello @CHBMB,what about CrazyCat for 6.5.3? Not possible anymore?

I build the CrazyCat build from an upstream LibreELEC base, at the moment, that's not working, once they fix that, I'll be able to make another CrazyCat build.  To be honest, I could implement it without relying on LibreELEC but I just don't have the time right now.

9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I build the CrazyCat build from an upstream LibreELEC base, at the moment, that's not working, once they fix that, I'll be able to make another CrazyCat build.  To be honest, I could implement it without relying on LibreELEC but I just don't have the time right now.

Okay, thanks.
I'll stay on RC1 until you can do another build 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

hey CHBMB,

hey guys,

in preparation to Unraid 6.6 i'm checking from time to time the availability of new Unraid DVB builds with drivers for Digital Devices cards (=LibreELEC). 2 posts above @CHBMB noted, there are currently issues building, so i guess it'll take awhile until they are resolved, right?

now @olfolfolf said, he stays on RC1 until... so i'm i wrong, or was there already a new build once and i never catched that one (still on 6.5.3 here, and no update for the DVB Edition Plug-in every since popped up)?

just curious here, how things are going (i hope for a fix for my NVME drive through new kernel, etc.).

I only update the plugin when I need to change the "plugin" I don't update it every time I push a new build.  olfolfolf was referring to the v6.5.3RC1 build, not v6.6RC1

I'm actually wrestling with the kernel stuff as I type......

Providing that goes ok, LibreELEC build looks like it should be ok, can't say for the others until I've tried.

• Upvote 1
  • Squid locked this topic