[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, cmeyer86 said:

Hello maybe a noob question,but i'm new to unraid.

Have i to reconfigure my unraidserver and all of my dockers after i click the Install Button in the Plugins webui!?

Mfg

Chris

Sorry, what has this got to do with the Unraid DVB plugin?  @trurl am I missing something?

EDIT:  OK read it again, I get what you mean now.  @cmeyer86 Nope, this doesn't affect anything on the docker side of things.

Edited by CHBMB

Greetings, and thanks for putting together this great plugin! 

I'm new to Unraid, and am in the process of implementing SageTV in Docker.  I'm on 6.6.6, and have the plugin installed.  Based upon searches, I can see that firewire support was added in 6.3.1, and everything is working great -- with one minor exception.  Firewire tuning is fully configured and communicating nicely, but there seems to be a minor issue with the Motorola DCX3200 STBs I'm using.  Those with SA STBs find no issue at all, but with the Motorolla/Arris units, the channel changing command sent is not quite right, and this always results in the guide being displayed after the channel is successfully changed.  Naturally, this completely obscures the recording, rendering it useless. 

My question:

Apologies for bringing this up here, as I realize that my question might not relate to the plugin itself, but I'm hoping that someone might be able to direct me to the best place to dig deeper.  In the Windows world, there are variables that can be adjusted to accommodate different models of STB, and I have successfully done this in the past.  What I'm hoping to find out is if there are similar capabilities in this environment, and I'm not sure where to start as I am new to Linux/Unraid/LibreELEC/DVB.  Any info, advice or redirection would be very much appreciated, as extensive searching has not yet produced results.

Thanks,

Shaun

Greetings, and thanks for putting together this great plugin! 

I'm new to Unraid, and am in the process of implementing SageTV in Docker.  I'm on 6.6.6, and have the plugin installed.  Based upon searches, I can see that firewire support was added in 6.3.1, and everything is working great -- with one minor exception.  Firewire tuning is fully configured and communicating nicely, but there seems to be a minor issue with the Motorola DCX3200 STBs I'm using.  Those with SA STBs find no issue at all, but with the Motorolla/Arris units, the channel changing command sent is not quite right, and this always results in the guide being displayed after the channel is successfully changed.  Naturally, this completely obscures the recording, rendering it useless. 

My question:

Apologies for bringing this up here, as I realize that my question might not relate to the plugin itself, but I'm hoping that someone might be able to direct me to the best place to dig deeper.  In the Windows world, there are variables that can be adjusted to accommodate different models of STB, and I have successfully done this in the past.  What I'm hoping to find out is if there are similar capabilities in this environment, and I'm not sure where to start as I am new to Linux/Unraid/LibreELEC/DVB.  Any info, advice or redirection would be very much appreciated, as extensive searching has not yet produced results.

Thanks,
Shaun

Sorry matey, got absolutely no idea, I'd be surprised if nobody on the SageTV forums had come across this. Have you asked there?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

hi CHBMB,

tried to install the 6.6.7 LibreELEC build and it failed. the output reads:

Now installing LibreELEC version 6.6.7

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-6-7/libreelec

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.md5 ... done

Checking MD5's: failed!

hi CHBMB,

tried to install the 6.6.7 LibreELEC build and it failed. the output reads:
Now installing LibreELEC version 6.6.7
Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-6-7/libreelec
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.md5 ... done
Checking MD5's: failed!

Try now. Sorry, doing these whilst I'm on holiday, so not really concentrating.

8 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Sorry matey, got absolutely no idea, I'd be surprised if nobody on the SageTV forums had come across this. Have you asked there?

Thanks for the reply, CHBMB.  Yes, indeed, others on the SageTV forums are experiencing the same issue, but no one really seems to know what's happening with FireWire under the hood.  Stuckless, the gentleman that put together the docker image for SageTV, doesn't use FireWire at all, so has no insight. He only activated FireWire in the image at the request of Wayner, the user who first successfully implemented FireWire in Sage/Unraid.  However, Wayner, who then wrote the How-To thread on SageTV Unraid FireWire, uses SA boxes, and these work just fine as built.  No help there yet, but I will keep seeking answers in that community.

It's probably worth mentioning again that this issue apparently isn't a SageTV thing, as Sage is just leveraging FireWire functionality in LibreELEC or DVB (not sure which).  Whoever put those together likely knows how to configure FireWire more directly, and I was hoping to follow the trail of breadcrumbs back to find the right folks.  It's probably not very difficult, but I'm new to this world, and still trying to find my way. 

I'll keep looking, and I'm sure I'll get there eventually.  In my continuing research, I can see that MythTV can accommodate the Motorola STBs, and there is even a standalone program called 6200ch intended to test tuning on them.  So, the Linux world has clearly dealt with this, and I just need to get to the right folks who can educate my uneducated brain on the subject.

Anyway, thanks for being patient with my questions.  I won't darken your doorstep any longer with this issue. 😉

Cheers,

Shaun

Thanks for the reply, CHBMB.  Yes, indeed, others on the SageTV forums are experiencing the same issue, but no one really seems to know what's happening with FireWire under the hood.  Stuckless, the gentleman that put together the docker image for SageTV, doesn't use FireWire at all, so has no insight. He only activated FireWire in the image at the request of Wayner, the user who first successfully implemented FireWire in Sage/Unraid.  However, Wayner, who then wrote the How-To thread on SageTV Unraid FireWire, uses SA boxes, and these work just fine as built.  No help there yet, but I will keep seeking answers in that community.

It's probably worth mentioning again that this issue apparently isn't a SageTV thing, as Sage is just leveraging FireWire functionality in LibreELEC or DVB (not sure which).  Whoever put those together likely knows how to configure FireWire more directly, and I was hoping to follow the trail of breadcrumbs back to find the right folks.  It's probably not very difficult, but I'm new to this world, and still trying to find my way. 

I'll keep looking, and I'm sure I'll get there eventually.  In my continuing research, I can see that MythTV can accommodate the Motorola STBs, and there is even a standalone program called 6200ch intended to test tuning on them.  So, the Linux world has clearly dealt with this, and I just need to get to the right folks who can educate my uneducated brain on the subject.

Anyway, thanks for being patient with my questions.  I won't darken your doorstep any longer with this issue.

Cheers,
Shaun

Hey Shaun,

It was Wayner who first asked me to activate the FireWire modules in the kernel. It's really not dependent on LibreELEC or any other DVB build, they're just bog standard Linux kernel modules that I included at his request, so that narrows it down to a basic way that the Linux kernel FireWire implementation interacts with the STB you're using.

Sorry I can't be any more help, but I've never used SageTV and don't actually own any DVB hardware myself any longer, despite the fact I maintain these builds.

FWIW if I were a betting man, my guess is the issue sounds like a flakey implementation of the FireWire stuff in the STB and that would be where I'd personally be looking initially rather than a bug in the Linux kernel, especially as it works fine with other STBs.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Hey Shaun,

It was Wayner who first asked me to activate the FireWire modules in the kernel. It's really not dependent on LibreELEC or any other DVB build, they're just bog standard Linux kernel modules that I included at his request, so that narrows it down to a basic way that the Linux kernel FireWire implementation interacts with the STB you're using.

Sorry I can't be any more help, but I've never used SageTV and don't actually own any DVB hardware myself any longer, despite the fact I maintain these builds.

FWIW if I were a betting man, my guess is the issue sounds like a flakey implementation of the FireWire stuff in the STB and that would be where I'd personally be looking initially rather than a bug in the Linux kernel, especially as it works fine with other STBs.

Sincere thanks for the additional information.  At the very least, this really helps me to better understand how things work. 

Cheers,

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 8:05 PM, cmeyer86 said:

Hello again,

ich have TechnoTrend S2-4200 and non of the Unraid DVB-Versions are working.

On Ubuntu i had it run whit kernelversion above 4.7...

What can do to get this to work with Unraid?!

mfg

Chris

Can you get the output of

lspci -vvvnn

and

dmesg

With a fresh boot on the LibreELEC version on either v6.6.7 or v6.7.0rc5

Output of dmesg may be quite long so pastebin would be good.

17 hours ago, cmeyer86 said:

Hello,

Iv'e changed to LibreELEC 6.7.0rc5

and the Output of:

i hope it helps...

mfg

Chris

OK, you're going to have to elaborate more on what you mean by not working.

dmesg looks good

[   18.064745] m88rs6000t 2-0021: Montage M88RS6000 internal tuner successfully identified
[   18.065142] SMI PCIe driver 0000:07:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Montage Technology M88RS6000)...
[   18.071870] SMI PCIe driver 0000:07:00.0: TechnoTrend TT-budget S2-4200 Twin port 0 MAC: bc:ea:2b:42:05:a1
[   18.072573] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (SMI_DVB)
[   18.081921] i2c i2c-1: Added multiplexed i2c bus 3
[   18.179286] m88rs6000t 3-0021: chip_id=64
[   18.288267] m88rs6000t 3-0021: Montage M88RS6000 internal tuner successfully identified
[   18.288653] SMI PCIe driver 0000:07:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (Montage Technology M88RS6000)...
[   18.295445] SMI PCIe driver 0000:07:00.0: TechnoTrend TT-budget S2-4200 Twin port 1 MAC: bc:ea:2b:42:05:a2
[   18.296158] Registered IR keymap rc-tt-1500
[   18.296539] rc rc0: IR (TechnoTrend TT-budget S2-4200 Twin) as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:07:00.0/rc/rc0
[   18.297478] input: IR (TechnoTrend TT-budget S2-4200 Twin) as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:07:00.0/rc/rc0/input5

As does lspci

07:00.0 Multimedia video controller [0400]: Spin Master Ltd. PCIe Video Bridge [1ade:3038] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH TT-budget S2-4200 Twin [13c2:3016]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 34
    NUMA node: 0
    Region 0: Memory at fbff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 00000000fee003d8  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Endpoint, MSI 00
        DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
            ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset- SlotPowerLimit 0.000W
        DevCtl: CorrErr- NonFatalErr+ FatalErr+ UnsupReq-
            RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
            MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 4096 bytes
        DevSta: CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
        LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s, Exit Latency L0s unlimited
            ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp-
        LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
            ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
        LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (ok), Width x1 (ok)
            TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Kernel driver in use: SMI PCIe driver
    Kernel modules: smipcie

Can you screenshot the DVB plugin page for me please?  And try and tell me what steps you've taken so far that has shown it's not working.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Pic of the Pluginpage attached.

1978014270_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-27um21_56_18.png.0f1197928745fd39c6f335a3e1659b74.png

And what iv'e done:

• Install the Plugin
  • switched to DVB-Unraid
  • give the container access to the device (also attached)
  • 1433368905_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-27um21_59_36.thumb.png.cac124c8cedc7a8a12415ddec1b63376.png
  • then went into Plex and stated to configure
  • 183857497_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-27um22_00_59.png.a8e99dea689a18b8961a650c14401fd4.png
  • i have to say i'm not sure what i have to configure here
  • the first is my region especially the direction of my Satellite bowl
  • but the other two i don't know
  • 1129452980_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-27um22_02_42.png.6b6d19f761b42017851f2f4348b8713f.png
  • 1996096810_Bildschirmfoto2019-03-27um22_02_52.png.74245cb598cbce599d9d73423fbf5b7c.png
  • i tried a lot of constellations but no one worked...
  • so i thought it was a software problem...
    but may someone could point me in the right direction...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

Chris

2 minutes ago, cmeyer86 said:

As @saarg says the plugin is working as intended, configuring Plex is beyond the scope of this plugin.  Would have been helpful if you'd stated that the card was detected in your initial post as I've been holding up v6.7.0rc6 waiting to see if I needed to change something to get your card working.... 🤨

58 minutes ago, cmeyer86 said:

Ok, I'm sorry
because the font of the page is red, and not green as in the other pictures, I thought there are problems here as well.

No worries, I changed the colour scheme with the new revamp of the Unraid webui.  Never mind!

15 hours ago, cmeyer86 said:

Since it's only one input, you should set it to none, or follow what the manual says. 

Since it's in German it's kind of hard for others to help. 

• Squid locked this topic