[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

23 hours ago, CHBMB said:

If the drivers are detected and loaded, there's very little I can do to control anything after that point, may be something to do with the kernel change from v6.6.6 to v6.7.0 as quite a lot has changed in the tree for the drivers since then.

Only thing I can suggest is, try CrazyCat and see if that's any better/working?

How is your card detected in v6.6.6?  As a Silicon Labs Si2168 & Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 04)?

Only other thing I can think of is try a fresh setup of TVHeadend and see if that improves anything, also what version of TVH?  I've found 4.2 to be the most reliable.

Hi CHBMB

I will keep 6.6.6 for now....it's working fine and i don't mind waiting a bit for 6.7.1

Tried CrazyCat build, no luck  (but i'm not sure if it's supposed to work with dvb-c)

With 6.6.6, card is detected exact like 6.7.0, I'm running tvheadend version 4.3-1789, but never have any problem with it.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, du.perin said:

Hi CHBMB

I will keep 6.6.6 for now....it's working fine and i don't mind waiting a bit for 6.7.1

Tried CrazyCat build, no luck  (but i'm not sure if it's supposed to work with dvb-c)

With 6.6.6, card is detected exact like 6.7.0, I'm running tvheadend version 4.3-1789, but never have any problem with it.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!!

You may want to let Hauppage know that things aren't working on this kernel version (4.19.41)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 8:41 AM, du.perin said:

Hi CHBMB,

Just upgraded to 6.7.0 (was working properly on 6.6.6...LIBRELELEC build)

After installing the plugin, my card is detected, but cannot tune anything on tvheadend (timeout error) 

Card model:

Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD (DVB-C / DVB-T)

Detected on unraid as: 

Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 04)

Plugin info: 
DVB Adapter 1:Silicon Labs Si2168

DVB Adapter 2:Silicon Labs Si2168

DVB Adapter 3:Silicon Labs Si2168

DVB Adapter 4:Silicon Labs Si2168

I am having the exact same issue I have the same card. 

It is also being detected as Silicon Labs Si2168. I cannot get the tuner to be detected in Plex now. 

20 hours ago, Tronalix said:

I am having the exact same issue I have the same card. 

It is also being detected as Silicon Labs Si2168. I cannot get the tuner to be detected in Plex now. 

And my previous answer still stands.

Hi CHBMB

You think there are any possibility to include this?
I think this patch can solve the issue in DVB-C frequencies.
Best Regards

On 5/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, psycmos said:

Hi @CHBMB

i have this tunner: Astrometa DVB-T2 USB( MN88473 /Realtek RTL2832P - 2014 revision ) DVB-C/T
You think is possible to add this fix for libreelec DVB drivers release ?

DVB patch for tunner.

r820t.patch (365 Bytes)

I think that release have this fix too.

Linux source code: drivers/media/tuners/r820t.c (v5.1.1) - Bootlin

linux/r820t.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub

Hi, 

I have a DVBSky s960 S2 tuner, how would I go on adding this to TVheadend? 
I've added the extra parameter "--device=/dev/dvb" Without any success. 

It's like I'm not able to see the device in TVHeadend?
Lsusb shows the following:
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 0572:6831 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. DVBSky S960 DVB-S2 tuner

49 minutes ago, ba10s118 said:

Hi, 

I have a DVBSky s960 S2 tuner, how would I go on adding this to TVheadend? 
I've added the extra parameter "--device=/dev/dvb" Without any success. 

It's like I'm not able to see the device in TVHeadend?
Lsusb shows the following:
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 0572:6831 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. DVBSky S960 DVB-S2 tuner

I have the same device and it are working good.

Screenshot_20190609-210656_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Screenshot_20190609-210955_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

1 hour ago, psycmos said:

I have the same device and it are working good.

Just tried Unraid DVB, installed LibraELEC 6.7.0 and Unraid 6.7.0, and rebooted. 
However when rebooted, it does not seems like it's installed?
dnJWoRf.png

Update ! Figured it out. Turned out that I missunderstod how you could install driver + OS.
I thought I had to chose ect 6.7.0 driver and same OS. Turned out I only installed new OS this way each time, and never the drivers :)

Edited by ba10s118

TEST BUILDS FOR NVIDIA/DVB COMBINED

People have asked if I'll produce a combined Nvidia/DVB build.  Here's the thing, I have no intention of producing separate and combined builds, the workload is just too much for something I have no need of.  It would need 8 builds on top of the Nvidia build to do so.  I will however produce a combined build, depending on two conditions.

1.  People don't mind an increased download size.

2.  It works reliably.

However I no longer have any DVB hardware so I can't test.  So I've produced some combination builds for people to try out.  I am only doing this for v6.7.1rc2, so if nobody tests each build then it's not going to happen.  So if you want it, YOU need to test it.

HOW TO USE

1.  Download the Nvidia build of v6.7.1rc2 (Important - Do not use any other version)

2.  Once the build has downloaded and the window indicating the copying to flash has happened and before you reboot, download one of the attached zip files depending on which DVB build you use, unpack it and copy across the bzmodules and bzfirmware files to your flash disk.

3.  Reboot

I know that the Nvidia Plugin will not report the correct version number, that's an easy fix in the future if this works.  Once you've rebooted I need to know two things for each build.

1.  Does the Nvidia hardware encoding work with Plex/Emby/Jellyfin?

2.  Does the DVB hardware work?

libreelec-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.ziptbs-os-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.ziptbs-crazycat-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zipdd-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zip

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Jimmy90 said:

Dear CHBMB,

LibreElec_v6.7.1rc2 is failing to locate /dev/dvb/ on reboot.

We had the same issue with 6.7.0rc8 a while back and you fixed it by recompiling if i recall correctly.

Thanks again for you kind support "in the blind" :)

@Jimmy Nowhere near enough info for me to go on.  Are we talking about generic DVB build here or the Nvidia/DVB build above?

Post a screenshot of your working install.  /dev/dvb/ is just your DVB card, same for everyone, but without knowing what your card is, I'm in the dark.

It's the Generic build for LIbreElec6.7.1rc2

1) LibreElec6.71rc1 is working fine per first screenshot

2) Installing rc2 per second screenshot

3) Docker failing per third-fourth screenshot

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-40-36-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-42-11-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-48-06-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-49-15-AM.jpg

Edited by Jimmy90
7 minutes ago, Jimmy90 said:

It's the Generic build for LIbreElec6.7.1rc2

1) LibreElec6.71rc1 is working fine per first screenshot

2) Installing rc2 per second screenshot

3) Docker failing per third-fourth screenshot

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-40-36-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-42-11-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-48-06-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-49-15-AM.jpg

As an explanation, The last two screenshots aren't useful.  The second shows it downloaded fine, which isn't the issue, and Plex logs offer nothing as if there's a problem with the DVB drivers, I wouldn't expect Plex LiveTV to work.  The pertinent information is all on the DVB plugin screen.  So just to confirm, can you post a screenshot of rc2.  Also, again, what is your DVB card?

Went through the process outlined three times for Nvidia/DVB with the same results. Doesn't seem to be detecting the card here but does show it in system devices.

If I install 6.7.1rc2 without adding DVB then it does detect my card and I can see the UUID.

R5 1600

GTX 970

LibreElec and DD variant tested

Screenshot_20190613-193346_Firefox Beta.jpg

Edited by RawrSpace
more info

I have tried using the 6.7.1rc2 versions of LibreElec and Digital Devices but neither of these will recognize my USB based Hauppauge HD-PVR’s within the SageTV Docker.

Reverting back to 6.7.1rc1 version and they are all showing up again.

Seems to me this happened before and a complete rebuild fixed the issue!?

Not too sure though as most of this is WAY over my head ...

Dwight

• Squid locked this topic