[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

22 minutes ago, Mike Rando said:

It's been like 30 minutes.

If it takes longer than exactly 120 seconds, then it will never close the pop up.

It's a hard limit throughout the GUI of unRaid, and the GUI / plugins are slowly (very slowly) transitioning away from the method of communication that is subject to that limit.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

If it takes longer than exactly 120 seconds, then it will never close the pop up.

It's a hard limit throughout the GUI of unRaid, and the GUI / plugins are slowly (very slowly) transitioning away from the method of communication that is subject to that limit.

So what do I do? How do I get past the popup?

Edited by Mike Rando
clarification
5 minutes ago, Mike Rando said:

You don't.  All you can do is reload the page and see what happens.  For all intents and purposes, the page is locked up waiting for a response that will never come.  Although, it shouldn't take anywhere near 120 seconds to populate the list unless you're on dial-up or have DNS issues, or live somewhere like China

1 minute ago, Squid said:

You don't.  All you can do is reload the page and see what happens.  For all intents and purposes, the page is locked up waiting for a response that will never come.  Although, it shouldn't take anywhere near 120 seconds to populate the list unless you're on dial-up or have DNS issues, or live somewhere like China

I'm assuming I'm having an issue with this because when I add "--device=/dev/dvb/" to Extra Parameters in Plex, I get:

> Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": no such file or directory.

I try to manually add it and confirmed that "/dev/dvb/" does not exist.

1 hour ago, Mike Rando said:

I'm assuming I'm having an issue with this because when I add "--device=/dev/dvb/" to Extra Parameters in Plex, I get:

> Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": no such file or directory.

I try to manually add it and confirmed that "/dev/dvb/" does not exist.

Have you actually downloaded a DVB build, rebooted your machine and confirmed that your device is found?

11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Have you actually downloaded a DVB build, rebooted your machine and confirmed that your device is found?

I downloaded "Unraid DVB | LinuxServer.io" and rebooted. Haven't gotten past the splash screen to see if my TV tuner shows up.

Under unRAID tools > System devices I see "Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2040:826d Hauppauge" but I saw that before I did any of this.

My root problem is I want to see my Hauppauge tuner in Plex, but haven't figured out how. I was directed here. Not sure if this is even the right plugin.

Edited by Mike Rando
clarification
3 minutes ago, Mike Rando said:

I downloaded "Unraid DVB | LinuxServer.io" and rebooted. Haven't gotten past the splash screen to see if my TV tuner shows up.

Under unRAID tools > System devices I see "Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2040:826d Hauppauge" but I saw that before I did any of this.

My root problem is I want to see my Hauppauge tuner in Plex, but haven't figured out how. I was directed here. Not sure if this is even the right plugin.

I have no idea what you mean by Unraid DVB | LinuxServer.io

Have you actually downloaded one of the DVB builds?  Or read the instructions?

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I have no idea what you mean by Unraid DVB | LinuxServer.io

Have you actually downloaded one of the DVB builds?  Or read the instructions?

I re-read the instructions and I get lost at this step:

> Within the plugin screen you can select one of four unRAID DVB versions, all of the unRAID DVB builds will be compiled with the latest drivers at time of compile.

Everything I try on the plugin screen generates a "Updating Available Builds" pop-up that never goes away. I would like to download the LibreELEC build but I can't access the option.

Edited by Mike Rando
typo
8 hours ago, Mike Rando said:

Everything I try on the plugin screen generates a "Updating Available Builds" pop-up that never goes away. I would like to download the LibreELEC build but I can't access the option.

Hi,

Try to start your browser without any extension or plugin enabled. You can try FireFox or Chrome. Also open Console (F12) and check if there are any errors. In the console go to network tab, clear previously shown entries and do "Updating Available Builds". There should be a request sent. Check that the request gets response OK. If there is no response, check if the destination host is accessible from your network.

14 hours ago, Mike Rando said:

When this happened to me I removed unraid-dvb plugin, updated stock unraid to latest then reinstalled unraid-dvb and it still took awhile but it finally made it past and allowed me to install the new version of unraid-dvb.

14 hours ago, gogos said:

Hi,

Try to start your browser without any extension or plugin enabled. You can try FireFox or Chrome. Also open Console (F12) and check if there are any errors. In the console go to network tab, clear previously shown entries and do "Updating Available Builds". There should be a request sent. Check that the request gets response OK. If there is no response, check if the destination host is accessible from your network.

I don't see any errors in my Console, but I do in my system log:

> Jun 24 07:41:57 Tower nginx: 2019/06/24 07:41:57 [error] 2482#2482: *304 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.2.123, server: , request: "POST /plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "tower", referrer: "http://tower/Settings/UnraidDVB"

I looked in the network tab and there's a flurry of activity when I go to "updating avilable builds" but I can't differentiate between requests and responses. After a minute my console did show an error: 

> Result checkPlugin
> POST http://tower/plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php 504 (Gateway Time-out)

29 minutes ago, Mike Rando said:

I don't see any errors in my Console, but I do in my system log:

> Jun 24 07:41:57 Tower nginx: 2019/06/24 07:41:57 [error] 2482#2482: *304 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.2.123, server: , request: "POST /plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "tower", referrer: "http://tower/Settings/UnraidDVB"

I looked in the network tab and there's a flurry of activity when I go to "updating avilable builds" but I can't differentiate between requests and responses. After a minute my console did show an error: 

> Result checkPlugin
> POST http://tower/plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php 504 (Gateway Time-out)

You could try this script I wrote.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46194-plugin-linuxserverio-unraid-dvb/?do=findComment&comment=741713

12 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

No need

18 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Of course

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for being patient with me guys, but I still need more help.

I tried following the new directions but I got an error when I tried "chmod +x download.sh" or "./download.sh". The error message says "-bash: ./download.sh: No such file or directory"

I saved the file on my array, but I don't know how to write directly to cache so I put it in a Shares named  "Shared Files".

I don't know if/how to execute from there? I tried using my Linux 101 skills to cd my way to the proper directory but got lost and had to ~.

Edited by Mike Rando
update

User Shares are at /mnt/user, so a User Share named "Shared Files" is at /mnt/user/Shared Files. Since you have included a space in the share name you will, of course, have to deal with that when at the command line so that space isn't treated as a separator between parts of the command.

9 hours ago, trurl said:

User Shares are at /mnt/user, so a User Share named "Shared Files" is at /mnt/user/Shared Files. Since you have included a space in the share name you will, of course, have to deal with that when at the command line so that space isn't treated as a separator between parts of the command.

I just moved it to a different share, but I'm still having issues. Here's what I saw:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# ls
download.sh  minecraft_server.1.14.2.jar
root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# chmod +x download.sh
chmod: cannot access 'download.sh': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access 'download.sh': No such file or directory
root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# ls
download.sh  minecraft_server.1.14.2.jar
root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# ./download.sh
-bash: ./download.sh: No such file or directory
root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# 

I used notepad++ and I made sure EOL was set to unix. Don't know why my created download.sh wont execute.

10 hours ago, gogos said:

Please attach the output of the following command:

ls -lab

I wasn't sure if directory mattered so here's it twice:

root@Tower:~# ls -lab
total 12
drwx--x---  2 root root 120 Jun 26 07:23 ./
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 400 Jun 24 07:36 ../
-rw-------  1 root root 433 Jun 26 07:23 .bash_history
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 316 Jun 22 11:51 .bash_profile*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  30 Jun 22 11:51 .docker -> /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 180 Jun 26 00:10 .wget-hsts

root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# ls -lab
total 35112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users        0 Jun 26 06:21 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users       82 Jun 24 07:46 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     2931 Jun 26 06:20 download.sh
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 35932967 Jun 16 15:18 minecraft_server.1.14.2.jar

2 hours ago, saarg said:

chmod +x download.sh

That didn't get me an error message, but it didn't appear to do anything.

root@Tower:/mnt/user/minecraft# ./download.sh
-bash: ./download.sh: No such file or directory

10 minutes ago, Mike Rando said:

That didn't get me an error message, but it didn't appear to do anything.

Have you ensured this bit in the link I posted has been attended to appropriately?

Make sure you use a text editor with Linux line endings and that they're set as such.  Notepad++ if you're using Windows would be my recommendation. 

38 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Have you ensured this bit in the link I posted has been attended to appropriately?

I thought I did. I just updated to 6.7.2 and remade download.sh and double verified I changed it to unix.

I did get it to run this time, but in the code I saw a disturbing amount of:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2019-06-26 21:12:14 ERROR 404: Not Found.

...but it did end with this hopeful sign.

bzimage passed sha256 verification
bzroot passed sha256 verification
bzroot-gui passed sha256 verification
bzfirmware passed sha256 verification
bzmodules passed sha256 verification

I'm going to reboot and give it a try...

Update:

No change that I can tell.

When I go to the Unraid DVB plugin page, the splash doesn't go away. Behind the splash I see that DVB Version and Driver Version are blank.

More importantly, when I add "--device=/dev/dvb/" in the plex container it says "error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": no such file or directory."

I do see a new "download" folder was created with 10 "bz" files created.

I assume my issue is related to those 404s, so here's an example of the error. (Please let me know if I am sending sensitive IP data, I'm noob).

--2019-06-26 21:11:58--  https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-7-2/libreelec/bzroot-gui.sha256

Resolving lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com (lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com)... 5.101.110.225

Connecting to lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com (lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com)|5.101.110.225|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

2019-06-26 21:12:03 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Edited by Mike Rando
update
  • Squid locked this topic